• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anxiety when thinking about mdma?

Pumz

Greenlighter
Iv been googling around trying to find similar stories to mine, but have come across very little. I know anxiety is alot of the times associated with mdma..but im starting to wonder if mine is normal?

I took mdma caps for the first time about a month ago. Started with one pill..I had a strong feeling of intensity and some anxiety overcome me when it first hit but then felt wonderful afterwards. I took 3 pills over the course of about a 9 hour night. I felt like complete crap for roughly a week afterwards and was very emotional.

Present day...when I think about that night/listen to house/trance/etc music I get anxiety. My hands feel sweaty, hairs on my arms stand up, weird feeling in chest. Its nothing bad, its more of an annoyance. Kind of like excitement/anxiety rolled into one weird feeling. But its only when I think about it. Aside from the initial hit I loved the drug and felt amazing on it. In 6 days I am going to take some more. (Possibly some Molly...hesitating this) Is this normal? I hear alot of stories of people that have long term anxiety effects from it but is it normal to happen only when I think about it? Does it go away? It is rather annoying and uncomfortable lol.

Thank you!!

"How many times do you have to do drugs until this anxiety goes away?" -asked by one of my friends on our way to a roll party about 6 months ago.

I have no idea why we feel this way, but the majority of my friends get this nervous excitement the day of our planned roll, and sometimes even just from thinking about it. Personally, it was a lot worse, but now a-days it isn't so bad. I've found that when I'm doing it in a setting I'm comfortable in, with tested pills I've taken before and with the same group of people my anxiety isn't nearly as bad.

When you associate 'rolling or any drug experience' with a negative feeling (the rough comedown, bad thing that happened when high) you will always feel anxiety about it. Its normal and not something that people should be worried about - it happened, understand why it happened, learn from it and then you will be able to avoid it happening again.

Once you understand why this problem happened you can move on from it - this doesn’t just go for drugs its life.

Normally when people have a bad experience with MDMA is because

A) they didnt test the drug and consumed something else
B) They took too much / mixed with other things
C) The set / setting was wrong - this includes the people you took it with, where you took it, the comedown and how you all looked after each other when rolling.

Get those three simple things sorted out and its normally a great experience.

i used to get a bit anxious because i loved it a bit too much, and knew that i did, and didn't have much in my life to motivate me to not just turn into a massive drugs casualty. i think these things are some kind of test, they make you feel amazing but you have to be capable of being sensible with it/whatever. i'd say the anxiety in that light might be a good thing. its also probably a relic of the 'drugs are bad' education thats drummed into us.

i don't think this is the reason you're anxious, but the fact is, what you're doing is very bad for your health and can seriously fuck your chances in life if you get caught, well arrested. this is my main worry, i'm on the hunt for md and though i know i really want it, the idea of finding it incurs some dread because of the small chance of getting caught out with it. not enough to make me not want it though. so basically, there's no definite reason to be anxious, but its quite normal for lots of reasons and if you work out exactly what it is that makes you anxious when you think about md, you can probably work out how to stop the anxiety.

its covered elsewhere- but about feeling crap. firstly, if you felt physically ill, this is some other shit in there, not the md. secondly, take 5htp every day in the week up to dropping, and the day after, for me at least it does help with the depression. vitamin c also gets massively depleted, so eat a load of kiwis or something. also try not to drink alcohol....

Hmmm... I'm not sure, maybe its just the association with that memory since you had such an intense moment of anxiety when you came up? That's the only thing I can think of. Also, I think a lot of drug trips, esp with things like mdma, lsd, etc the trip is such a huge, intense experience that sometimes even thinking back to that time can cause a physiological response maybe. It was your first time too, so I'm assuming it was a pretty huge (and possibly life changing, like it was for me) experience for you. So maybe its a physiological response to a memory of such an intense experience?

I know a lot of people get anxiety on the come up, and I've heard of people getting it while coming down. I think it's pretty common, like others have said, to get a nervous excitement when you are planning on rolling, but I don't know about getting that from memories of a past roll. Hmm... also, do you think it could be your mind playing games on you? Like maybe you felt really anxious after doing ecstasy, and then you started to expect you would feel that way and so you do? Maybe it's a mind over matter thing. I don't know, I'm just throwing out any ideas I can think of lol.

For me, I never really feel nervous before I roll or when I think about rolling, but when I plan on taking stimulants like dexedrine or cocaine, I get that anxious fluttery feeling, esp. right before I pop a the pills or do the rails. I think its because for me, mdma doesn't give me anxiety but dex and blow do, so I think its a psychological thing, and I just associate that feeling with doing those drugs. One time, I felt really sick and pukey while on coke because my stomach needed food and it was nearly impossible to even force food down, so for a long while after that, I literally felt sick and gaggy right before I would rail anything. It was totally psychological.

If you experience any intense anxiety after rolling this time, I would consider avoiding mdma in the future. Good luck, I hope you have an awesome time rolling coming up, and that you aren't bothered by anxiety! :) One tip though, make sure you aren't focusing your thoughts on anxiety and if you'll get it or not, etc when you take the ecstasy, the mind is pretty intense and can trick itself into experiencing things because you focused too much on it or were expecting it. You know what I mean? I would try to not think about it, and not worry, tell yourself there isn't anything to worry about and try to distract yourself while you come up. But yeah, anxiety on the come up is def normal, I have seen a lot of people get a moment of REALLY bad anxiety right before the explosion of blissfulness in their chest lol and then theyre allll goood. :) Good luck

Thank you everyone for the replies!

I was kind of thinking that its because its new to me...and I probably should have paced myself a bit better than I did lol. Its good to know im not alone in the anxiety field though :)

Also another question if I may: What can be expected with Molly? It will be sold to me in crystal form. Is the initial hit and high much differant from caps? How much should I parachute, being this will be my first time with Molly?

Thank you :)

Iv been googling around trying to find similar stories to mine, but have come across very little. I know anxiety is alot of the times associated with mdma..but im starting to wonder if mine is normal?

I took mdma caps for the first time about a month ago. Started with one pill..I had a strong feeling of intensity and some anxiety overcome me when it first hit but then felt wonderful afterwards. I took 3 pills over the course of about a 9 hour night. I felt like complete crap for roughly a week afterwards and was very emotional.

Present day...when I think about that night/listen to house/trance/etc music I get anxiety. My hands feel sweaty, hairs on my arms stand up, weird feeling in chest. Its nothing bad, its more of an annoyance. Kind of like excitement/anxiety rolled into one weird feeling. But its only when I think about it. Aside from the initial hit I loved the drug and felt amazing on it. In 6 days I am going to take some more. (Possibly some Molly...hesitating this) Is this normal? I hear alot of stories of people that have long term anxiety effects from it but is it normal to happen only when I think about it? Does it go away? It is rather annoying and uncomfortable lol.

Thank you!!

Sounds like anything that reminds you of e is making you anxious -- maybe because you're wanting to do it again. Lots of excitement can turn into anxiety and anticipation sickness. This is generally what I call "fiending" for a drug. When I start getting anxious and excited about doing a drug I really want to do, it's fiending.

I'm not saying this is what's happening to you, but it sounds like you may not fully understand this emotion (caused by psychological addiction, which is normal for MDMA short term.. about 43% of people display initial addictive behaviour with MDMA). Either way, I hope things work out =D

It could be the anxiety of the experience that is to come and just how intense MDMA is. For the person above discussing anxiety with drugs, this disappears after extreme repeated usage and binges - a point that is quite achievable but not one I recommend as at this point you start to see long-term negative effects.

i remember getting that feeling when i first did pills and then later listened to music that reminded me of those first mandy moments. a sense of excitement mixed with a slightly sicky feeling...but i think it was the excitement/profanity of my experience (first few times of mdma / pills were just amazing) that gave me that effect

these days i do it less as i cant hack the midweek comedown. its almost like i am borrowing 2 days worth of love and happiness from the future every time i have a mandy session. 5htp helps here

I had similar experiences when smoking cannabis back in the sixties.
It's because you're feeling you're doing something transgressive and you have residual feelings of guilt.
Perhaps you should avoid doing any kind of drugs for a bit and come back to them when you feel more confident about making your own decisions.

Thank you!!

Hey man. I have used MDMA probably around 4-5 times. And I get the exact same thing as you. Thanks a lot starting this thread as it has made me feel normal about my problem.

Whenever I think of when I was tripping, the night, the music AND ALSO whenever I think of future trips I plan I get these weird sensation in my chest - it is almost like adrenaline running through it but in a bad way - like a bad gut reaction, and almost a feeling of sorrow. I guess anxiety is the best way to describe it.

Now some people on this thread have been saying it is because of the bad things that happened during the night (embarrassment from chatting too much shit and humiliating yourself; people not being nice to you etc) - I think it is mostly that. Though sometimes I do just get it out of the blue. Im not sure about you, but I think for me it is because I come from a fairly conservative upbringing and drug taking is definitely not the norm - and I almost have a very small feeling of guilt. I think it could be that.

Again thanks for sharing your experience.

Also another question if I may: What can be expected with Molly? It will be sold to me in crystal form. Is the initial hit and high much differant from caps? How much should I parachute, being this will be my first time with Molly?

There's no way of knowing what to expect if you don't reagent test it with something like a marquis reagent. Be careful.