• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc anxiety relief

markosheehan

Bluelighter
Which is the most effective for sedation and anxiety relief and safest from the following Kanna,phenibut, chamomile,jujube, lavender,lemon balm,passionflower,ashwaganda.
thanks

Phenibut works great but is horribly addicting. I'm taking it daily and just feel awful physically.

L-Theanine and valerian for sleep issues (but it lasts pretty long).

I'm looking for something I can use often so valerian is not an option due to liver damage.
Roughly 3-5 times a week

I don't want to get addicted so I guess I won't try that. How addicting is it and is it a good relaxant?
I'll look into l theanine. Is it strong?

Go to the grocery store and look at the various tea blends meant for anxiety. You'll develop a great list of herbals that way

Anything that you take and relieves anxiety sounds addictive to me.

Imo ive had drugs like ssris that in retrospect after taking for weeks and weeks i guess i did have less panic attacks on average

Or

Drugs that immediatly noticably reduce my anxiety like benzos which are habit forming because i feel them

Yes. Any drug that is EFFECTIVE will be habit-forming, I don't think that there is a way around that...

Chamomile tea is a very mild GABA agonist, and can be used pretty safely, unless you're allergic to ragweed family of plants. Passion flower is like a nature's mild version of a benzodiazepine. It can be habit forming if used excessively, but is much safer than taking benzodiazepines. I've also noticed that Thai Basil can also be mildly sedating and useful. Please do stay away from Phenibut. I've heard horrible things about it. There was someone on another forum who claimed that using Phenibut basically did a number on his cognitive abilities big time. He never disclosed his usage, so someone's who's used that substance will know. Also, supplements like Taurine can also be used for anxiety.

kava is really good, its safe and natural. GHB is also good but id recommend not using it so often. I am an herbal guy but GHB is the only synthetic drug I think is actually safe and worthwhile provided youre responsible.

Phenibut is good except for me it always lasts 3 days and I tend to feel kinda crappy the second and third day. GHB on the other hand gives me an after glow.

Go to the grocery store and look at the various tea blends meant for anxiety. You'll develop a great list of herbals that way

Drinking rooibos or what's called "red tea" from South Africa helps anxiety, as does the herb chamomile, the herb or flower Tilo/Linden helps, Moringa leaves or powder help, and the herb Burrito/Burro from Argentina which is Aloysia polystachya also helps with it too. Meditation does as well.

Last edited:
I never said they would be effective..... They are pre-made tea bags dosed in amounts you'd have to extract perfectly or use multiple tea bags. Look at the ingredients, go to an herb store, ask them for a second opinion, and then buy the herbs and a tea set that you'll mix large amounts of the herbs of you wash throughout the day.

That's like buying heroin from your local dealer and expecting it to be as good as China white made by one's own hands.

Phenibut? If that's what you're asking about I can tell ya it's really addicting I am taking it every other day and trying not to take it every day but almost cant. lowered my dose enough to be within reasonable weekly use but maybe can't.

Thanks for your responses.
I've taken chamomile but I find it is basically placebo and its effects are very light I can't feel it.
I've tried a number of teas but yet I don't find them strong enough.
I used to use kava but there are studies on pubmed saying it's carcinogenic and is bad for your liver. I will post a study if anyone wants to see it.
I heard it's easy to overdose on ghb. Is ghb safer than benzos.?
I will try passion flower.
Does anyone have experience with jujube or kanna

Was prescribed GHB and developed a perma-tolerance after about 3 months of using it. For some, it works miracles. For me, it's just another false panacea.

I don't want to get addicted so I guess I won't try that. How addicting is it and is it a good relaxant?
I'll look into l theanine. Is it strong?

Phenibut? It is really addicting for me but I can get hooked on anything that relaxes me. Some take it once a week no problem but if you're taking it daily there's a pretty big chance you'll increase your dosage over time.

Compared to using substances to manage issues with mood regulation, emotions and anxiety, I have found that non-drug interventions are more sustainable and effective long term.

Phenibut works great but is horribly addicting. I'm taking it daily and just feel awful physically.
I feel you there. I'm a daily phenibut user who is ONLY using it to keep from withdrawing. ANY AND ALL positive effects I once got from it are long gone

If you're worried about liver damage, definitely look into Milk Thistle! It's a super potent antioxidant that has been shown to even repair some damage over time. Then you could expand your options a little. Just a thought ?