Mental Health Anxiety in the UK (Why we are forced to alcohol and black market?)

moarish

Greenlighter
So I went to my GP 2 weeks back,
and told him I was put on SSRI's and mirtazipine at the beginning of last year,
which increasingly lead to suicidal tendencies and sertraline had me drinking myself to death throughout the year. It ruined me.

I went from anxious to suicidal because of these drugs that GP's are more than willing to write a prescription for Sertraline (zoloft) and similar drugs, any time you ask, and they just give you a phone number for a CBT waiting list. They are more than happy to give me something that makes me suicidal basically.

Now I know more than a handful of other classes of drugs and have tried every benzo I can get my hand on but tend to stick with valium, the problem is where i order it from online takes weeks to show up and my anxiety slumps into such a state where I can barely talk to seize to function normally in between waiting times for it show up. Its all good taking a tolerance break but after 3 or so weeks i start to develop agoraphobia and social phobia off the chart until i cant leave my room.

This leads me to drinking alcohol to feel the same way that I would have anxiety relief from particular benzos and other classes of drugs they would never even try me on. At this point i have tried everything I can get my hands on but when I bring up any other class of drugs like MAOIs etc they dont seem to have a clue what Im talking about. Our medical system is broken. My mental health is broken and they are forcing me into the hands of alcoholism because its the only thing available to me.

What am I supposed to do? Why do they force me into alcoholism instead of trusting me to medicate myself properly?
Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Sorry for the rant

I smoke cannabis because otherwise I know I would drink myself into an empty shell of a person without it. The lack of compassion for most people shown by modern psychiatric practice (unless u rich) is staggering. I dont even want to use their crooked broken system. Cannabis, psilocybin and valerian root are doing alright by me. Doctors are talking outta their ass when it comes to mental health like half the time. Some doctors are good people who are intelligent this by no means is a dig against all doctors, I feel like the profit maximizing incentive and crooked corporate influence have landed us here more than individual practitioners.

Am I missing something? No one's forcing you to drink op. I can tell you that heavy drinking isn't going to help with anything. If you're not happy try to find another doctor.

Am I missing something? No one's forcing you to drink op. I can tell you that heavy drinking isn't going to help with anything. If you're not happy try to find another doctor.

Nobodies forcing me to drink it just takes away my social symptoms because meds aren't available.
The doctors all work inside the exact same guidelines here in the UK. SSRI's or nothing. And SSRI's make me suicidal.

I'm in the same station, doctor's put me in SSRIs, in the first year the has working like a magic but now Its effectiveness decreased to 20%

I still very anxious and depressed, and when I ask them for other class of med together with SSRIs they refuses, and keep changing from anafranil to paroxetine to flouxetine to amitriptyline etc.. I have tested every SSRIs available in my contry so far..

There's an small-big problem with them,
After 2 years of wasting my life with those FAGOUTs, I have reached a simple conclusion that, the possibility to make them belive/think that other class of meds is better for me, is the same possibility to starting my self believing that SSRIs alone is better for me, which is impossible.

Just stick in online source's

Sorry for my broken eng *-*

Thanks, what country are you from? I guess it's a slight relief to know that the UK is not the only place who just bounce people from SSRi to SSRI but its still far from ideal. Its funny I visited a doctor in NZ and she put me straight on a heavy sedative with no questions asked. Its bizzare how the scientific guidelines vary from country to country.