Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anxiety disorder or something else after mushrooms bad trip

krakor

Greenlighter
Hello!

I'm writing here with a hope that someone survive something similar and is OK now :)
I took several times LSD, DMT and all was good with me, i had no mental problems before and neither my parent/cousins/grandparents. Four month ago I had very intensive stress because of split with my girlfriend and felt very depressive for next two month. When it started to get better I took DMT two times and was felling several times anxiety a week after that, but didn't attach importance to it, it was normal in general, I thought it was because of depression which sometimes was coming back and was intensive enough. Month ago I decided to try mushrooms and first half of a trip was very pleasant, but at certain moment I felt uncomfortable and it became more like anxiety. Then, bad trip began. There was no hallucinations or something frightening , but I was feeling very terrified without a reason.

Next day I felt depersonalization and it scared me. In next few days I started to feel anxiety when I was thinking about philosophy or something existential :) That was sorts of thoughts I had usually in my trips, I think it because of associations with such things. In first week after that bad trip I felt anxiety very often, every day, almost every moment and started to sleep very bad because of this anxiety. I was thinking Im getting mad and was very afraid it was so, I tried to find something on the internet and came to conclusion that I have anxiety disorder (all because of stress four month ago+very intensive stress from bad trip). I went to psychiatrist, explained everything. Psychiatrist didn't help much, wrote "anxiety disorder" precisely as I said him and gave me antidepressants Mirtazapine. Now I'm taking this tablets for a month and at the beginning I had several bad side effect like more intensive anxiety, but then it has gone. There was small period when anxiety gone, but now it get back, precisely like I had it before: some abnormal reaction on thoughts, on some things around me, and anxiety following after that.

Had someone something similar? I am waiting an answer with a hope :)