View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anxiety, Depression and Paranoia After Bad Trip

chasingabee

Bluelighter
Hi. A week ago, I took magic mushrooms and had a really bad trip. Long story short, I had severe paranoia that was so bad I wanted to kill myself and I ended up calling an ambulance and going to hospital. Being alive for any moment was totally unbearable. I was begging them to give me a tranquiliser, but they didn't help.

Ever since, I still have this terrible feeling of fear and paranoia like something terrible is going to happen. I'm worried it will never go away and I have screwed my mental health. My girlfriend is away for the week and I'm so scared being all alone. I keep thinking back to what happened and getting these intense feelings of fear.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I am feeling so terrible now :(

Look, i have never consumed mushrooms, but im quite sure you're going back to normal sometimes after bad trips you suffer from a little bit of anxiety or depression, sometimes is not even a trauma is just that the serotonin needs to go back to its normal levels and the receptors may need a rest. Dont worry im sure its going to start to dissapear, i dont know how long its going to take, but try to be cool, relax and remember this is not permanent, that will help you to calm down. If you're really scared then go and check with a doctor, im sure its nothing, but maybe if a doctor tell you that its going to make you more relaxed. I consumed nbome 4 times one each week and i had anxiety for like 2 months, because my receptors were fucked up for a while. be cool!

You had a nervous break down, you broke your nerves and it will take some time for them to heal. Stay off the drugs, and stay focused on school, job, hobbies, anything productive. Don't forget to smile :)

Only a week ago? I've had drug-induced trauma that's lasted a lot longer than that. Give it some time!

Hey thanks for the support. Actually feeling a bit better today, hopefully get back to my old self soon. Long cycle rides, tea and binge watching tv series has been getting me through.

Glad to hear that you're feeling better! I've done some mushies and have experienced what one would call a "bad" trip. Like others have said try and keep yourself occupied, things will surely get better and better til you're back to normal :)