Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anxiety attacks after MDMA abuse

Dcoqo

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

After doing too much MDMA during October last year, I’ve been having anxiety attacks every now and then.

The feeling is awful, because I’m not anxious “about something”, it is just a feeling of anxiety without a reason.

When this is going on I can hardly do anything, and this can last for over a day or two.

Did anyone else go through this? It’s been 8 months since the last time I took any molly, Im really scared that this is permanent

Hi, could you give us a few details, like sex, age, height weight, general health status, how much MDMA have you used during October and if you had used it before, are you using any other drug illegal, legal or prescription, including lighter drugs like weed, caffeine etc.

Hi, could you give us a few details, like sex, age, height weight, general health status, how much MDMA have you used during October and if you had used it before, are you using any other drug illegal, legal or prescription, including lighter drugs like weed, caffeine etc.

Hey!

Im 25 yo, male, no pre existing health conditions that im aware of. Only drugs I take now is alcohol every weekend and caffeine.

Prior to that my abuse of mdma in October I had used it for a bit less than 2 years, on average once a month.

During October 2019 I rolled four times, once each weekend, I did in total arround 4 pills and some Cristal, maybe 0.4 grams. I can’t tell exactly though. After that is when the anxiety attacks started. Suddenly one night I couldn’t sleep, and since then it hasn’t really stopped, although sometimes it gets better.

It’s hard, and I feel so guilty sometimes. Also, when this anxiety attacks come is hard to focus at work, I can’t do anything.

Hey!

Im 25 yo, male, no pre existing health conditions that im aware of. Only drugs I take now is alcohol every weekend and caffeine.

Prior to that my abuse of mdma in October I had used it for a bit less than 2 years, on average once a month.

During October 2019 I rolled four times, once each weekend, I did in total arround 4 pills and some Cristal, maybe 0.4 grams. I can’t tell exactly though. After that is when the anxiety attacks started. Suddenly one night I couldn’t sleep, and since then it hasn’t really stopped, although sometimes it gets better.

It’s hard, and I feel so guilty sometimes. Also, when this anxiety attacks come is hard to focus at work, I can’t do anything.

That’s your problem right there. Alcohol use over time leads to long term anxiety issues that last long after the alcohol is gone, even drinking once a week or so can have this result. IMO it’s best to keep alcohol use to once a month on average. The caffeine is further exacerbating the issue.

The MDMA use may have set you off on this anxious path but it’s the use of those two substances keeping you there. They won’t be easy to quit but you’ll be happy in the long run, I went through something similar and that’s truly the only way to fix things.

-GC

Hey!

I second what G_Chem said, as far as the cause MDMA has been known to cause this especially when abused but the Crystal (Methamphetamine I suppose) most likely had its part in combination with the MDMA.
Would you say that anxiety aside, your cognitive functions are ok?
Are you forgetful or has your attention span become shorter?

I second what G_Chem said, as far as the cause MDMA has been known to cause this especially when abused but the Crystal (Methamphetamine I suppose) most likely had its part in combination with the MDMA.
Would you say that anxiety aside, your cognitive functions are ok?
Are you forgetful or has your attention span become shorter?

By crystal I meant crystal mdma, rocks instead of pills.

My cognitive functions are fine, I don’t think I’m more forgetful.

English is not my native language, so that’s the reason of the grammar mistakes I guess Im making, not just my brain being affected ;).

By crystal I meant crystal mdma, rocks instead of pills.

My cognitive functions are fine, I don’t think I’m more forgetful.

English is not my native language, so that’s the reason of the grammar mistakes I guess Im making, not just my brain being affected ;).

Ok good thing that it wasn't Meth, it's way more neurotoxic than MDMA.
Also good that it's only the anxiety.
Other than quitting alcohol and caffeine, exercising a few times per week might help your recovery and sleep.
Some nootropic substances might help, I tried Bromantane after a period of stimulant abuse and it helped my recovery, you might want to look into it.
It was side effects free for me and non addictive and helped me out of the hole I had dug for myself.

Ok good thing that it wasn't Meth, it's way more neurotoxic than MDMA.
Also good that it's only the anxiety.
Other than quitting alcohol and caffeine, exercising a few times per week might help your recovery and sleep.
Some nootropic substances might help, I tried Bromantane after a period of stimulant abuse and it helped my recovery, you might want to look into it.
It was side effects free for me and non addictive and helped me out of the hole I had dug for myself.

I’ll look at it, thanks. Are u fine now? Did u also go through anxiety?

I’ll look at it, thanks. Are u fine now? Did u also go through anxiety?
Yah, it was years ago I had constant anxiety but also crushing depression for over 6 months.
But I had used multiple drugs for far longer than what you described.

I never experienced anxiety before doing weed and alcohol...and high doses of caffeine...and then later meth.

As has been said, your alcohol intake and even your caffeine intake may be the culprit.