• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anxiety and opiates

wheels754

Greenlighter
I currently take oxycontin and oxycodone I was taking klonipin for anxiety but the prescribed amount wasn't helping although an extra one did help some but I was reading on here that taking both were dangerous so is there a safe medication for anxiety to take with oxy?

It is not actually dangerous, it is 'only' that both are nervous system depressant, so one has to have that in mind when taking both. Your max dose of oxycotine is not same when you take clonazepam, and vice versa. So you may have to take smaller doses of both when combing them (I doubt your daily dose is near your max/OD dose. Maybe you can even use same dosage as you usually do.).

How do you feel on oxy only, it doesn't help with anxiety at all?

I guess it depends on whether you take them both daily. If so then it could potentially be a dangerous combo. What I would try and do is wait 3-4 hours after your oxy dose if possible to take a klon. I know how anxiety goes and when you have an attack you need relief ASAP, so if you aren't able to space out the doses then I would try taking half to 2/3 of your usual oxy dose at most with the klon and start with 0.5 mg. I take both of those but I have never taken them together. I have taken oxy with 0.5 mg Xanax and the combo made me very drowsy, but that was at my recreational dose of oxy.

It is not actually dangerous, it is 'only' that both are nervous system depressant, so one has to have that in mind when taking both. Your max dose of oxycotine is not same when you take clonazepam, and vice versa. So you may have to take smaller doses of both when combing them (I doubt your daily dose is near your max/OD dose. Maybe you can even use same dosage as you usually do.).

How do you feel on oxy only, it doesn't help with anxiety at all?

I agree.