• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anxiety and high blood pressure hours after dosing stimulants

Kassoviv

Greenlighter
Hello all,

this is my first post and I don't have much experience with stimulants, so bear with me.

Recently I bought some substances to try something new. Among these were (allegedly) Methamphetamine and Cocaine, and they both gave me a very unpleasant experience. I'd like to hear your ideas on what may have caused this.

Meth:

Snorted one small line in the morning, waited 20 minutes and as I wasn't feeling much I took 3 more lines, about 80 mg total. I did feel something, like being talkative and in a good mood. This lasted for about 4 hours. After that I was expecting the effect to wear off, but I still felt excited, even anxious, like after 3 espressos too many. I took my blood pressure it it was 190 to 100. Heart rate was around 100. About 9 hours after dosing I was completely back to normal.

I had another batch of Meth from a different vendor and it gave me a mild, pleasant high, which lasted for several hours with none of the anxiety mentioned above.

Coke:

Same story here: started with a small line in the afternoon, waited 30 minutes and didn't feel much, so I took a much bigger line, about 100 mg total. The first hour after that, I felt energized and self confident, though nothing to write home about. An hour later I was expecting the effect to wear off, and it did. I was considering redosing but didn't. 2 hours after dosing I started to feel similar bad symptoms as with Meth, except this time it was worse. I kind of felt poisoned and had some mild visuals like flickering. Very unpleasant. 6 hours after dosing I was no longer suffering. 9 hours later I was back to normal, went to bed at 1 am and slept okay.

Interpretation:

My first interpretation of these experiences was that it was just bad stuff. But I don't quite understand how you can make a substance that bad, given the relatively small amount I had taken. The duration of the bad effect seems to be amazingly long. Also the onset of the bad effect seems to be only like 2 hours after dosing, though the onset might have been covered by the effect of some good stuff. Considering these were two different substances, bought from two different vendors, it seems unlikely they both have been adulterated with the same junk. But who knows.

The vendors claimed that "everybody else was satisfied". Well I clearly wasn't. It brought back memories of a junkie I knew back in the days, who sold crushed Ephedrine pills (which could be bought over the counter back then) as speed. He also had satisfied customers. Some were not though, and he offered them "some extra" (of the same junk of course) to make them happy. This worked like a charm.

Another interpretation would be that it is just me. That I have an intolerance for something, or that these are the effects of a comedown on me, though that other batch of Meth didn't give me any of that and I wasn't exactly doing a binge. I am pretty sure it wasn't just an anxiety attack, because it could clearly feel how the bad effect wore off eventually, like something was finally metabolized and left my system.

What do you think?

There's nothing out of the ordinary with your experiences. High BP, anxiety, chest pain, palpitations etc are to be expected with those stimulants. Even small amounts of caffeine some can set off a panic attack for some. Theres no way to know what drug you were given based upon your description, but you have to assume it's cut with some junk so more than likely you're getting a mix.

If the other batch of meth didnt have any of the nasty side effects that the first batch did it was just something that it was cut with. Just crappy product. Also too you were probably just experiencing some anxiety. I know you dont think you were but with you getting uncomfortable about how you felt im sure it triggered some anxiety symptoms, especially taking stimulants. They tend to always add some anxiety especially for people who dont have a huge tolerance or people who arnt everyday users.

@BurritoJimmy do you mean these effects are typical for a Coke or Meth comedown? Is that because of the pure substance or because of adulterants?