• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anxiety and dysphoria on Oxycodone

TheGoodGuy

Bluelighter
I pretty much get anxiety from all drugs I can´t even smoke weed anymore and I used to smoke it a lot as a teenager but I thought that opiates were a gaurenteed feel good drug yet I did 20mg of oxycodone yesterday (40mg pills from Sandoz that comes in blisters) and I felt anxiety and dysphoria and obviously relaxed muscles and rubbery legs and even started nodding a few times but no euphoria.

I have tried opiates several time now because I just want to feel that infamous euphoria everyone talks about yet I am met with anxiety and dysphoria it´s so annoying when I feel waves of dysphoria I know that others would feel euphoria and I find it so unfair that I can hear and read about other people abusing drugs in insane amounts for years and still enjoy them but I can´t enjoy drugs a few times a year in a respectable amount.

Have you ever tried Morphine?
MS Contin?
It is pure warm euphoria.
Euphoria is a very subtle feeling.

It May be that you are taking too high of a dosage.
You have to find that “sweet spot “.
Opiates can be very uncomfortable if you take too much.
same with everything.

PO, is right that there is a Sweet spot for opiate use. But the problem is unless you are using them for legitimate pain management, I find that your brain builds a tolerance and wants more?? Now that may be due to the fact that I am an Alcoholic , and have the disease of addiction ( The disease of MORE!!!)
Try 10 mgs and wait the 30-45 minutes it takes to effect you . then a little longer and add 10mgs more. I do much better on stacking my opiate use than start with a high dose. I am using for pain management, and have Never had a NOD ?? Not sure I want one, but I am now Dependent on them ( get sick when I dont have them That Sucks, but Price of admission??

Wow @Iceman1216 , you made me realize that the chronic pain keeps me from hitting that tolerance and loss of feeling euphoria from the same dosage.
One good thing about having to be in Pain Management.
I have felt the same euphoria from the same dosage for twelve years now.
I wonder if just the relief from the pain alone creates a “ euphoric“ feeling for me.
Most likely it does.
I notice when I can breathe again and when I am gritting my teeth all body clenched in pain.

Have you ever tried Morphine?
MS Contin?
It is pure warm euphoria.
Euphoria is a very subtle feeling.

It May be that you are taking too high of a dosage.
You have to find that “sweet spot “.
Opiates can be very uncomfortable if you take too much.
same with everything.
I have never tried MS conton but I have tried oxycodone a few times and never felt euphoria, a few days before I tried taking 20mg orally I took 7.5mg intranasally and also no euphoria, maybe I should try 15mg orally?

I just Remember in December I was watching a Christmas series (24 episodes) and used oxycodone and didnt feel any anxiety but also no euphoria just kind of relaxed so I wanted to recreate that again with added euphoria with the 20mg while watching some nostalgic episodes from old series like Yugi-Oh, Pokemon or beyblade.

I have never tried MS conton but I have tried oxycodone a few times and never felt euphoria, a few days before I tried taking 20mg orally I took 7.5mg intranasally and also no euphoria, maybe I should try 15mg orally?

I just Remember in December I was watching a Christmas series (24 episodes) and used oxycodone and didnt feel any anxiety but also no euphoria just kind of relaxed so I wanted to recreate that again with added euphoria with the 20mg while watching some nostalgic episodes from old series like Yugi-Oh, Pokemon or beyblade.

Oxycodone has always had a stimulant edge to it for me.
Some anxiety.
I would try the 15 mg. Are you opiate naive?
if yes, I would go with 5 mg to start.

If you have a benzodiazepine you could take a low dose of that with the oxycodone and it would smooth that stimulant edge over.

I really like the MS Contin for that reason. It creates more of a bliss like feeling for me.
Plus it is way longer lasting. 12 hours.

Have fun!
Be safe.
❤️

Oxycodone has always had a stimulant edge to it for me.
Some anxiety.
I would try the 15 mg. Are you opiate naive?
if yes, I would go with 5 mg to start.

If you have a benzodiazepine you could take a low dose of that with the oxycodone and it would smooth that stimulant edge over.

I really like the MS Contin for that reason. It creates more of a bliss like feeling for me.
Plus it is way longer lasting. 12 hours.

Have fun!
Be safe.
I am actually currently tapering off benzoes so that isn´t a possibility for me and I actually thought I had a high natural tolerance for opiates since I have tried heroin a few times without any euphoria and now also a few times oxycodone without euphoria but nowadays I can´t even smoke Cannabis or even a cigarette without getting anxiety so my body is probably just fucked even though I never abused anything but Cannabis and back then anxiety wasn´t and issue I only got anxiety about 4 years after I stopped smoking so I wish I had never quit maybe then I could still enjoy Cannabis.

And I am drinking now so my snort some oxycodone later but probably won´t do much because drunk but I might try the 10-15mg oral one day without any other drug because if you say oxycodone had a stimulating effect on you too it might have been the dose was too high but I just thought with opiates it meant more euphoria, nodding and at worst passing out not fucking anxiety! I never heard of anxiety from a downer just like I am supposed to be quit benzoes in a few days and start using SSRI (zoloft) for anxiety, I have never heard of SSRI`s aka anti depressants being used for anxiety so that was weird too.

I am actually currently tapering off benzoes so that isn´t a possibility for me and I actually thought I had a high natural tolerance for opiates since I have tried heroin a few times without any euphoria and now also a few times oxycodone without euphoria but nowadays I can´t even smoke Cannabis or even a cigarette without getting anxiety so my body is probably just fucked even though I never abused anything but Cannabis and back then anxiety wasn´t and issue I only got anxiety about 4 years after I stopped smoking so I wish I had never quit maybe then I could still enjoy Cannabis.

And I am drinking now so my snort some oxycodone later but probably won´t do much because drunk but I might try the 10-15mg oral one day without any other drug because if you say oxycodone had a stimulating effect on you too it might have been the dose was too high but I just thought with opiates it meant more euphoria, nodding and at worst passing out not fucking anxiety! I never heard of anxiety from a downer just like I am supposed to be quit benzoes in a few days and start using SSRI (zoloft) for anxiety, I have never heard of SSRI`s aka anti depressants being used for anxiety so that was weird too.

Oh, well if you are tapering down on benzodiazepines then you are in benzo withdrawal and that is a horrible and long withdrawal.
You are going to feel anxious for awhile.
Nothing is going to really help with that.
Taper slowly.

If drinking is not taking the anxiety down then nothing is going to help.
In my opinion. I could be wrong.

It could be that the dose is too high or just the mixing it with alcohol is overpowering the subtle “euphoria “ feeling.
I have noticed that smoking weed on top of my MS Contin will overpower that nice euphoria I had going.

It is crazy what the doctors are trying to use anti depressants for nowadays.
I would research the antidepressant that they are wanting to put you on.
Those are even harder to get off than benzodiazepines! And opiates!
Antidepressant withdrawal can easily make you go psychotic.
You will want to research that before just trusting the doctors,
They have made me WAY worse off before!

Oh, well if you are tapering down on benzodiazepines then you are in benzo withdrawal and that is a horrible and long withdrawal.
You are going to feel anxious for awhile.
Nothing is going to really help with that.
Taper slowly.

If drinking is not taking the anxiety down then nothing is going to help.
In my opinion. I could be wrong.

It could be that the dose is too high or just the mixing it with alcohol is overpowering the subtle “euphoria “ feeling.
I have noticed that smoking weed on top of my MS Contin will overpower that nice euphoria I had going.

It is crazy what the doctors are trying to use anti depressants for nowadays.
I would research the antidepressant that they are wanting to put you on.
Those are even harder to get off than benzodiazepines! And opiates!
Antidepressant withdrawal can easily make you go psychotic.
You will want to research that before just trusting the doctors,
They have made me WAY worse off before!
I think you are misunderstanding me, I didn´t smoke weed and get anxiety while on benzoes or drinking I tried that a few times after I had been 4 years clean and I doubt I will feel any euphoria from opiates while drinking because as you said it will overpower the subtle euphoria from opiates.

I´ve have heard that benzoes are the hardest drugs to come off even worse than heroin or alcohol although I know SSRI´s are no walk in the park either.

I think you are misunderstanding me, I didn´t smoke weed and get anxiety while on benzoes or drinking I tried that a few times after I had been 4 years clean and I doubt I will feel any euphoria from opiates while drinking because as you said it will overpower the subtle euphoria from opiates.

I´ve have heard that benzoes are the hardest drugs to come off even worse than heroin or alcohol although I know SSRI´s are no walk in the park either.

I am understanding you.
I was relating MY experience of smoking some weed and having it overpower the subtle opiate Euphoria.

Benzo withdrawal is really hard but there is worse.
Gabapentin and anti depressant withdrawal each separately landed Me in the hospital.

Neither opiate nor benzo or both combined landed me in the hospital!

Go have a look in the Mental Health section here and you can get a feel for how bad antidepressant withdrawal is.

I wish you well and hope you find what you are looking for.
Good Luck.

I am understanding you.
I was relating MY experience of smoking some weed and having it overpower the subtle opiate Euphoria.

Benzo withdrawal is really hard but there is worse.
Gabapentin and anti depressant withdrawal each separately landed Me in the hospital.

Neither opiate nor benzo or both combined landed me in the hospital!

Go have a look in the Mental Health section here and you can get a feel for how bad antidepressant withdrawal is.

I wish you well and hope you find what you are looking for.
Good Luck.
Well benzo withdrawals landed me in the ER I have never felt so bad in my entire life.

I am afraid that you are looking for the Pot of God after the rainbow....and it is still Raining??? once our brain and bodies have be exposed to drugs, and or we are in withdrawal from one or two, the level of euphoria changes ( I have Never found it to go Up, only Down 😢 ) That is the centuries long Danger with certian drugs, especially opiates, they require Stronger and higher doses of them while you chase the always elusive Dragon :devilish:

FYI id recommend against drinking while in benzo withdrawal, it prolongs the process (i know from experience). Easier said than done however.

And yes benzodiazepine withdrawal is the worst of commonly available drugs. In some ways severe alcohol withdrawal or barbiturate withdrawal may be worse than benzodiazepine withdrawal in terms of peak severity, but benzo withdrawal is more insidious and lasts forever.

FYI id recommend against drinking while in benzo withdrawal, it prolongs the process (i know from experience). Easier said than done however.

And yes benzodiazepine withdrawal is the worst of commonly available drugs. In some ways severe alcohol withdrawal or barbiturate withdrawal may be worse than benzodiazepine withdrawal in terms of peak severity, but benzo withdrawal is more insidious and lasts forever.
What do you mean by lasts forever? The withdrawals will go away eventually it just takes time. And I will try and stop drinking even though I "only" drink ever 3rd day it´s still too much and I would like to stop entirely.