• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Antipsychotics - Long Term Negative Side Effects

AphexEther

Greenlighter
Greetings,

I wished to inquire about the experiences the community might have had with the long-term use of antipsychotic drugs and any resulting negative effects. Specifically ones involving involuntary movements. I would also like to share my experience with what, arguably, has been the class of drugs with the most negative impact on my life. I have read the rates for developing such effects are fairly common.

Long story short, I was prescribed Aripiprazole at the ripe young age of 12, and was on it for 8 years with an ever-increasing dose. I later switched to Olanzipine, which is when I noticed the first effects. I went on Ziprasidone some time later, and that is when the movement disorder sank its teeth. I am under as much treatment as possible at the moment, but I put this here as a warning. I am now diagnosed with Tardive Dystonia (a rare and severe form of Tardive Dyskenesia) and Functional Movement Disorder. These disorders are permanent, and while thankfully not degenerative, will never let go for the rest of my life.

Intensity fluctuates. The symptoms are as follows:

Key:All higher level symptoms are cumulative with those below them. Different episodes can vary in symptoms, and certain aspects can be dominant over others.
0-3 (Mild)Barely noticable to mild. While potentially uncomfortable at times, it does not significantly interfere with daily tasks. Twitches are mild to nonexistent, mind is close to clear, peripheral "electric" symtptoms are easy to ignore if there at all.
4-6 (Moderate)Moderate. Distracting, painful and persistent. Muscles are rigid, like tetanus, and will not leg go for days to weeks at a time. Twitches likely happen at some point. Mind is mud. Nerves zap, static snow in vision, buzzing in ears. Hard, though possible to go about day. Likely to sleep little and wake at 3-6am.
7-9 (Severe)Full-blown episode. Like sticking metal in an electrical outlet and holding on. Severe twitches on and off (neck snapping from side to side, trunk contortion, waving arm rapidly for many minutes, kicking, facial grimaces, locking muscles with tetanus-like rigidity, etc.) Serious nerve pain. Mind is wired but exhausted. Can't function, getting downstairs for water or such is a fight. Likely no sleep, and often sleep less than an hour if I get any. Brain physically feels like it's on fire.
10 (Extreme)COMPLETE disability. Thankfully rare, but one of the most painful experiences I have ever had. I have basically no control over any aspect of my body. Surges of electrical nevre pain wrack me and it is bad enough to make me want to scream. I lose the ability to speak, and often think and speak in loo-loo-loo-loo-loo-loop-ing-ing-ing-ing ba-ba-ba-ba-bables, which I cannot control nor stop. I wil be unable to walk, unable to sit up, unable to be still and this can last for many hours. I will hallucinate, and be unable to say my own name. From an extenal point of view it is firghtening, and those who do not know my condition are likely to call uneeded emergency care. The very worst of these trigger psychosis for their duration. This has only happened a dozen or so times.

Last edited:
My memory of past events is a little bit Swiss cheese, in particular regarding what was the exact year when something happened, unless it was something really profound. Sorry about that...

So i got my first psychosis 2006. I was taking practically everything. Coffee, tobacco, alcohol, weed, stimulants, opiates, benzos.. Sometimes psychedelics. My goal was to get so far away from this reality, and my own feelings as i could... and i accomplished just that. Hospitalized for 3 months, and started zyprexa then. I think it is olanzapine. In about 2 years, my weight went from about 65 kilos to 110 kilos or so. So i ditched the pills, started heavily using everything again, and ended up with a second psychosis. 2009. Hospitalized for 3 months, then voluntarily stayed in for another 6 months because i was not ready to face the society. Risperidone injections started then. Weight dropped to current about 70 kilos without any effort. Risperidone changed to xeplion (invega) and now i am done with it. 3 months off.

There is no mental health care in Finland anymore. ALL resources of the healthcare system are focused to a flu. Which has been here for millennia and will be. Suddenly it had to be rebranded to give it a more scary name, politically weaponize it via mainstream media in order to make people willingly give up their freedoms. So i can't get my shots. There was one week, not long ago, i called every morning a few seconds after 8 am, to health center when it opens. Line busy, but pressed star so they would call me back. Then it closes at 4 pm and i receive a text that due to too much patients they were unable to call me back. In other words, fuck them. Let's see how this goes. I want to say that i enjoy this forum, there are intelligent and funny members, A LOT! so if i disappear, it does not mean that i dislike bluelight. It means that i have been penalized due to thought crimes and locked up again.

About this: "Moderate. Distracting, painful and persistent. Muscles are rigid, like tetanus, and will not leg go for days to weeks at a time. Twitches likely happen at some point. Mind is mud. Nerves zap, static snow in vision, buzzing in ears. Hard, though possible to go about day. Likely to sleep little and wake at 3-6am." <- Pretty much. But the physical part is kinda ok. My muscles are fine. Small, but fine. Left eye goes blurry sometimes, can stay blurry for weeks and then return to normal and stay normal for months. And leg keeps moving without me paying attention to it. There is a real name for that but i do not know that. Sometimes i sit on a couch with some friends and then some of them says "You are shaking your leg really hard again, please stop, the whole couch is shaking" Then i stop it. Then it starts again later. Waking up between 2am and 5 am every night. After maybe 4 hours of sleep.

Sometimes mind is mud. Most of the times mind is filled with empathy and just being emotional in general. And that is bad... I would like to be a colder person. In order to make the pain leave my mind. There are times, when i think that this "reality" is not real. And i am not real, maybe i once was, and then i died. Or some other person died, and then became a ghost. Then that ghost farted. That is how i feel about my pointless existence on this planet that has never felt like home, no place here... That is why i am Ghost fart.

There is no mental health care in Finland anymore. ALL resources of the healthcare system are focused to a flu. Which has been here for millennia and will be. Suddenly it had to be rebranded to give it a more scary name, politically weaponize it via mainstream media in order to make people willingly give up their freedoms. So i can't get my shots.
If you're ever able to, immigrate here to the states. We need many more similarly-minded individuals who see whats going on.

The great reset is real.🙉🙈🙊

Yes, but it's Laura Palmer's middle finger.

FWWM_Middle_Finger-525x290-1.png

Well I'll be damned

I seemed to develop bipolar that seems to be going away with time and cessation after being placed on olanzapine and quetapine on and off over a couple years. Totally unregulated moods, extreme fatigue, anhedonia, and depression. Took 6+ months to start to resolve.