• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction antipsychotics depot

that can't be irght as it says pallliperidone 23 hour unless it means the tablet

Does the half-life matter? Cause it's compounded in such a way to be ultraslow release?

By depot he means antipsychotics formulated for injection. For instance quetiapine isnt available in an IM depot formulation as it is simply not potent enough. It would cause an abscess if one were to inject enough quetiapine to last a month.

I don't know off hand, all such formulations are by virtue long lasting.

That's true I have had the short lasting haldol shot too. I thought depot was specifically designating the extended release formulations.

By depot he means antipsychotics formulated for injection. For instance quetiapine isnt available in an IM depot formulation as it is simply not potent enough. It would cause an abscess if one were to inject enough quetiapine to last a month.

I don't know off hand, all such formulations are by virtue long lasting.
Ahhh, did not know depot meant for injection, I was just talking as a whole.

What, now they also have a depot for aripiprazole? These dirty bastards. Two years ago or so a doc wanted to inject me out of the blue with a depot when I wasn't even taking oral before or having any symptoms which would be noticeable or even complained of such, but my suck-ass doc suspected me of having 'high probability of paranoid schizophrenia' just because my mother has this diagnosis (disputed) and I'm an addict. Could have vouched against but then lost my substitution. Said when then I want the partial agonist, and for that one no depot was available.

To depot inject haloperidol people who don't want it should be punished as grossly negligent body harm at least. I got dyskinesia from the first and only mg I've ever taken. Quetiapine 500mg/d and they had to put me into a wheelchair because my circulation was so weak, also panic out of nowhere Also people sometimes die of overdose, neuroleptic malignant syndrome or cardiac arrest, whatever, when a depot leaks. Antipsychotics kill. (Have experiences with at least 5-6 others and all through the bank were at least dysphoria inducing while my - comparatively little - symptomatic didn't respond to any of them)

Weird you tolerate 10mg injectable haloperidol. Maybe the speed of onset causes a different counter-reaction of the body?

But yeah, there's a bunch of heavy medicines, like e.g. antiepileptics which can in 1 of 10.000 cases destroy the liver or cause blindness - I find this somewhat hefty because politics ultimatively decide what criteria medicines need to fulfill to get approval and if you take such serious side effects into account, then it's hard to defend why there's no possibility for desperate sick people to try out new experimental stuff, if they want to do so. Many promising compounds get shelved because of economic decisions or political ones like psychedelics, or even just the probands in trials likened the drug / abuse potential.