• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc antipsychotics and creativity

asfdgf

Greenlighter
im on invega sustenna. i just tried to come off them but the withdrawal was lasting too long and i gave up

i want to make music, poetry, and drawings

any experiences on antipsychotics and going on creative endeavours?

all i see online is bad but i dont get anhedonia from invega and i still get inspired by music and life. ive just gotten my injection again so i suppose i will find out soon enough for myself anyway

but it would be good to read from others how it affected them before and after and how they go creatively

Never tried it myself, but there's only one way to find out if you're still creative. I wouldn't worry too much about how others fared--that's a trait with a broad range.

You could say your username is creatively uncreative.

Yeah, my bad, there's a rather epic thread already for this drug: Coming off Invega Sustenna

Although this sounds like a case where OP wants to deal with staying on the drug, at least for now, so I won't merge them yet.

Although I may move it to Mental Health. Or Drug Culture?

Really, though, I think it's a question for people coming off other drugs too: creativity seems to take a big hit. It seemed to crash when I came off of meth, for sure. Just look at my boring-ass prose today. No wit to be seen. Just benzos this and gabapentin that. Can't even think of a funny example, much less a nice thousand-word detour through my old martial-arts program. I'm sure it's gotta really blow for true artists and musicians, or at least add a new layer of stress and temptation if you feel you need to use (or in this case, not use) for your livelihood.

So, how do creative types restore their energy during PAWS and related dark days?