• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Antipsychotic & Psychedelics

MydriHaze

Ex-Bluelighter
I wonder if there is an interraction between this two kind of substances, antipsychotic blocking the effects of psychedelic substance (like LSD & cie). I heard that in case of a bad-trip, antipsychotics could stop the panic, wich is weird, antipsychotic are substances that takes time to be effective on the brain, but if in the case of a daily consuption of antipsychotic, could it stop a substance as LSD to be effective ?

Well atleast Abilify blocks most of the LSD effects and I suppose others might work the same way if they have an effect to serotonine.

Most antipsychotics are dopamine antagonists and therefore not really the best option for blocking bad trips. But some of them are not only dopamine antagonists, but 5HT-2A-antagonists. This is the subtype of serotonin receptors which are the targets of associative psychedelics like LSD, Mescaline and Psilocin.
Those antipsychotics with high affinity for 5-HT2A receptors are okay for blocking trips. Here's some anecdotal evidence too: Once I stopped a bad trip on 2C-E with Risperidone and a friend stopped his with Olanzapine.

You can check this:

ecp584586.fig2.gif

Thanks for the responses :)

Having used olanzapine, well I shouldn't be surprised of a total psychedelic blocus, being one of the most antagonist of 5-HT2A. Antipsychotics are so treatfull ! I mean, I didn't notice a change in the psych? per s?, no amelioration on my psychosis, what a treatement ! Plus it blocks LSD ! Fuck that ! :!

I feel like Will in sense8 with my blockers… should be on heroin instead (joke Don't ban me pleeease :D though i should pull of it some physical confort at least, and not ruining several blottEEEEEERS !!! :X), and though i'm also not a cop… i mean… unless you have something to worry about, do you ? :sus:

That's exactly what i'm telling you burnergod ! :eek:

Remembeeeeeeeer whaaat ? =D Come on you can say it, we're between friends here, Nothing's to hide, Nothing to worry about ! :D

[/Mode super spy off ]
:\

url

url

To relieve the panic keeping the trip you must use a benzo but if you want to relieve the trip entire you must use an antipsychotic. With a benzo panic decreases but the trip goes on, with antipsychotic all the trip stops. I relief completely a trip of 80mg orally 2c-e with a high dose of quetiapine. But a bad trip mustn't be relieved because the entheogen is trying to teach you something important about yourself, something that doesn't likes you when you see it but the best way is suffer all the panic because later panic will relieve and you will be very well being and you will learn a life lesson that will get your life better.