Mental Health Antidpressant Withdrawal and Mood Swings

sethlad

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. New to the forum so please don't kill me if I'm asking the wrong question in the wrong place.

Any help is appreciated.
I'm currently trying to come off anti depressants and struggling with mood swings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately bluelight doesn't allow sourcing, so we can't help you with finding these gummies.

What antidepressant are you withdrawing from? Maybe could switching to fluoxetine and then tapering that aid you. At least it did for me.

Weaning myself off sertraline on docs orders.
Trouble is been on them for over 7 years.

I've been on venlafaxine for almost double the years. Withdrawing cold turkey felt like to from an opioid. Longest time I've managed through it were 5 days after which I still suffered a lot and eventually took some venlafaxine again. Switching to fluoxetine (it has a 1-2 week long half life so it tapers itself a bit) did help me to a great deal. If your doc doesn't want to switch you (quite some docs are still ignorant about SSRI withdrawal unfortunately), you might get some Kanna extract. It's a plant containing a SSRI which also helped me to cease venlafaxine. It substitutes for SSRIs but is much easier to stop on its own.

Welcome to the forum! We do not allow source discussion unfortunately, so no further discussion of acquiring drugs will be permitted; however I'll leave the thread open for any other discussion.

Delta-8 is commonly available in most of the U.S. these days and personally while I enjoy it as a high it has no positive effects on mood overall, if anything I consider it a downer much like regular weed; it gives you a short euphoric high followed by a great amount of fatigue and apathy. It is no replacement for an anti-depressant regimen. AD's aren't one-size-fits-all as I'm sure you know, there might be a better AD than venlafaxine for you, perhaps a more atypical one (as venlafaxine has all the typical SSRI side-effects) or perhaps something non-serotonin modulating. But I really couldn't tell you, your doctor could help you with finding a better mood stabilizing medication. Or perhaps a new exercise and diet regimen could help you.

Best of luck, and again, welcome to Bluelight :)

BDD -----> MH
& updated title

Why is your doc ordering you off of them? Is it something you want to do or they're forcing you to or changing you to another med? Or is it maybe a health concern of sorts?

If u med work&got not much side effects why to stop ye?on zoloft...almost a year.half tablet....at this point don't think to quitt.two tries-unsucessful

Docs orders. I had a bad episode, so the doc told me to double my dose of Sertraline which i did and then caused a bad case of serotonin syndrome. Doc immediately told me to wind them down completely, which i was surprised about.

But I've never really noticed a big change in my mood while I've been on them apart from being more "non fussed" about things. So in a way id like to give it a chance coming off them to see how i react and how my mood improves/ declines.

Give it a try.mustvbe at lowest possible dose.Sucess man.I find it -withdrawl to be some like benzo-feltvvery agitated&bad.on second day.worst than commin' off 5mg diazepam for example

Zoloft
I just had to thug it out for about 5 weeks there wasn’t anything that helped but it ends jut keep putting one foot in front of the other
I was a mess and had brainzaps and was crying at the drop of a hat but I just kept going smoking pot and waiting for the time to pass,
For me zoloft was weird. It didn't seem to work on serotonin at all, no mood lift and no withdrawal. Was hoping to get the initial 'magic'/hypomania back venlafaxine came with but it didn't work.

But I can only agree to the postings before, your doc seems to speculate without really knowing what he does. It sucks, had some as well, even psychiatrists who would add and remove and turn Meds around without any titration.