Mental Health Anti-Psychotics and weight gain

Oh damn ya both Abilify and Invega seem to pack of the pounds. My friend put on 100lbs on Abilify. Glad to hear your off the medfs since it sounds like you don't need them. im still recovering from Abilify.
Yes, i never needed the meds in the first place. I was only on them because of a court order. Because of the review, i am free as a bird. Yes, my probation order is still in effect but that shall expire in Jan 2022.

the doctor who gave me these meds was lying the entire time. he is a very stubborn person.

Oh damn ya both Abilify and Invega seem to pack of the pounds. My friend put on 100lbs on Abilify. Glad to hear your off the medfs since it sounds like you don't need them. im still recovering from Abilify.

Some of the older ones like Thorazine are just as bad as the Atypicals for causing weight gain because of the effects on the histamine and cholinergic receptors. Haldol isnt much of a antihistamine or a anticholinergic so it does not cause much if any weight gain. However i would suggest try Latuda or Asenapine before trying Haldol. both are supposedly weight neutral.

Are they? I'm on both Thorazine and Seroquel and don't have too much trouble. The main problem is almost constant sugary carb cravings. They don't go away, either, even if you eat enough to feel sick.

I lost 15 kg switching from olanzapine to aripirazole, so abilify it varies greatly from person to person I guess

how long does it take to lose the weight when you are off of abilify ? i went cold turkey but i am taking supplements to make the transition easier for me.

I was put on invega injection for a few months in the psych ward but taken off it due to side effects. I was then put on the abilify injection 400mg's a month up until last month. I put on a total of 40lbs on invega and abilify and couldnt seem to lose it no matter what i tried. Now i am on 40mg's of latuda and have managed to lose a few pounds which gives me some hope anyway.

Has anyone taken latuda and had luck losing weight? Is it really weight neutral as they claim it is? I hate the weight ive put on cause it's absolutly killing my back plus i hate having a gut. Any imput would be greatly apreciated.
My doctor concurrently put me on topiramate, which helps reduce weight. I haven't gained a single pound since starting my antipsychotic vraylar. Literally, not a single pound. I would ask your Dr. about topiramate.

how long does it take to lose the weight when you are off of abilify ? i went cold turkey but i am taking supplements to make the transition easier for me.
My ex went off a similar antipsychotic and started losing weight at about a year. It's a long time unfortunately. It could also widely vary depending on your diet, metabolism, and exercise habits. So it's hard to say.

My ex went off a similar antipsychotic and started losing weight at about a year. It's a long time unfortunately. It could also widely vary depending on your diet, metabolism, and exercise habits. So it's hard to say.
I can perhaps wait 6 months or so because that's when my probation ends. I kind of feel like my legs are getting stronger so i should have the abilty to jog soon in the near future.

I can perhaps wait 6 months or so because that's when my probation ends. I kind of feel like my legs are getting stronger so i should have the abilty to jog soon in the near future.
Yeah that gives you a good while :). I'd just try to stay healthy as you can during those six months anyways, just try not to gain weight. Maybe try to eat healthier, go on gentle walks, drink only water (that's what I do now). I totally feel you on the legs, I'm so weak haha. All my friends are like, "you wanna go on this extreme six mile mountain hike?" I'm like "uhhh, no :ROFLMAO:".