• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anti-psychotic anti-depressant

apsucks

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi

Anyone here got experience with anti-psychotic and anti-depressants together ?

I'm on invega ( court ordered ) but suffer harsh depression along with anhedonia and panic attacks i'm wondering if taking anti-depressant could be a good idea or not.

I know you post frequently in the Invega thread and I kind of know your story. Even if anyone here thinks it's a good idea , it's what your Dr. thinks that is important. Next time you see him/her bring it up and let them determine if it's right for you.

Glad to see you posting outside of the Invega thread. I know it was made to try and help people but I don't think it is. I think it is hurting people. It is an extremely negative thread and all the posters are feeding off of everyone else's negative energy as opposed to thinking for themselves. The posters have everyone absolutely convinced that nobody ever recovers from the injections and suicide is encouraged and glorified. Day after day there is nothing but misery and even if someone comes along with a positive story of recovery, nobody believes them. Damndest thing I have ever seen. For your own mental health.....please post in the other forums for a change ( like you just did and as long as they are appropriate for that forum ) and see if it might not change the way you feel about yourself. I think that thread is poison as well as apparently Invega is itself.

God luck with your Dr. Maybe an AD will help, maybe not but either way, hang in there.

If you must, I would steer clear of "modern" antidepressants (SSRIs, SNRIs) and try an old school tricyclic antidepressant (TCA).

I was on fluvoxamine for a while with abilify.

Still on abilify but rapidly tapered the fluvoxamine this summer and it was painless, to me proof that the fluvoxamine wasn't doing anything despite taking it for almost a year.

I do struggle with depression but it has a lot to do with my situation.

I have anhedonia too but as my psychiatrist pointed out it might be a symptom of my schizophrenia rather than a side-effect from abilify.