• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anti epileptic drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
Which anti epileptic drugs block the effects of drugs? I know Lamictal does.
Thankyou.

You know Lamictal blocks the effects of what? And do you mean any and all anti-convulsants?

Kinda funny username, considering...

Lamictal blocks the effects of all drugs.
I mean all anticonvulsants.
Which anticonvulsants don't block drugs?

Nothing blocks all drugs. Im not even sure exactly what you mean by block in this context.

It would be helpful if you SPECIFIED your specific problem, we might have a better chance at resolving it. No judgement here, we’re trying to help

I need to know an anticonvulsants that doesn't block the effects of drugs

Why do you think that anti-convulsants "block" drugs? Do you not have a more specific question, is English not your native language, or what?

Specified, tell us what drug you're planning to take. I used to be on Lamictal (lamotrigine) as a mood stabilizer adjunct with venlafaxine. It did seem to lesson my opiate euphoria. With smoking weed, I didn't notice much difference.

Keppra won't block the effects of crack mate. Levetiracetam is prescribed a lot for epilepsy/convulsions. The only person I know why suffers from seizures is on levetiracetam (Keppra), clobazam (Frisium) and occasionally a light dose of clonazepam on top. Then they also say the sertraline and amitriptyline will help but it seems amitriptyline is prescribed for nearly everything.

I know this person has also been prescribed (I wont include none recreational meds) oxycodone, tramadol, dihydrocodeine, buprenorphine, morphine, ketamine, fentanyl (this was when the seizures began, none previous but in her late 40's up to 3 a day would happen when 100ug/hr fentanyl patch was introduced), pregablin, diazepam and gabapentin. All these meds worked with seizure drugs also.
I seizured grand-mal around age 18-20 for the one and only time in my life. I was abusing tramadol 1200mg daily on average, I didn't have internet access at the time, hence ridiculous doses and no knowledge of seizure threshold. My thinking was "co-codamol advises 2 at a time.. But CWE 30 and good times :). So if tramadol recommends 1, should I take 15 times more? I'll play it safe and start with 6".. They were 200mg a pill.. Oops.

So your main concern should be what drugs lower seizure threshold. Or your probably more likely to get serotonin syndrome than cocaine blocked.

No, won't block meth either. Try reading up on some things via the Bluelight Wiki, it's a good jump off point, and will clear up a lot of your questions.

How do you know keppra doesn't block the effects of drugs like Lamictal does?

I'm really tempted to just close this as it is. It asks a question and the very basis of that question is predicated upon OP's misunderstanding of how these drugs work. I don't think it can be answered for this reason.

Bluelight oh no you cant do dis you cant to dat LMFAO sorry I'm on MXE and the screen looks really big

Not sure what you expect to gain from your questions here or in other threads you've started. Despite being told Lamictal doesn't block the effects of the drugs you do use or intend to use, you still seem to believe it does for whatever reason. Essentially, you ignore or possibly just don't comprehend what's being said to you.

Combine that with the last two posts there, and this all seems like a big waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.