• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction anti depressants and DMT?

smokeymcpot42088

Bluelighter
Hey,

*EDIT* none of her anti-depressants are MAOIS
DAMN! looks like anti-depressants and DMT is a "bad idea"'; how bad are we talking? Experiences, anecdotes, insight?

Said person is almost always in pain and refuses opiates even lyrica. (not on principle she use to be scripted both and they took away C/T because she smokes pot) and never wants to go through the livin hell of withdrawal.......claims to not really be happy on the day to day (for very real reasons not mental issues.....knows she is old and basically wants to risk it; I will not allow it; at least certainly won't enable it if it is too bad.

Simple q: Can you (relatively) safely smoke DMT while on antidepressants? See below for context. I will run a couple searches and delete this if I find a definite answer.

I have an elderly (late 60s, early 70s ish) family member that watched a couple documetaries on DMT and the whole 'god molecule' line of logic deeply intrigued her......however said person is on a couple heavy anti depressants and I have explained much do her dissapointment that she cannot really take most psychedlics (which she misses but doesn't really care, mdma (which shes never tried for same reason).

Point being I would really like to share such an experience and she really wants to try it; however I can bring this person no harm.

Thank you

Last edited:
SSRIs are unsafe for ayahuasca. Smoked dmt is safe, there are no maois in there, unless changa. She should be safe, if her trip is a bit odd due to additional substances (and its dmt, lmao). (Most, if not all *natural*) Serotonogenic psychedelics are partial agonists, meaning they cap out at a safe level of serotonin activity (ie; prior to serotonin syndrome).
Edit: a comma