Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Anthony Bourdain dead @ 61

According to the documentary “roadrunner” this woman was the straw that broke the 🐪 back. The day before his suicide a tabloid posted pictures of her hugging and holding hands with some young guy.

However, he had been depressed and worn down for a few years. I think he was getting sick of the attention and was incredibly lonely after yet another failed relationship. In some of the clips they show in the documentary he looks very detached and is clearly suffering quietly while everyone around him is having a good time.

This guy was a hero to many people like me who will never get to experience other countries and cultures. I know it’s not much, but a lot of what I know about the Middle East, Korea, Vietnam, and the cities in America I learned from watching his show.

He was also a surprisingly good writer considering it was his “second act” and he didn’t publish anything till he was around 40 years old.

Yeah in the movie it definitely implied that the stuff with Asia Argento was the catalyst for his suicide. Buuut....I don't think it's a good thing, necessarily, to put it at her feet....ultimately that kind of decision is his and his alone, no one else is responsible for it IMO

It was clear in that movie that he struggled long before she came into the picture, as you mentioned.

Could always see the darkness in this guy even when he was having a blast.
Wasnt much of a shocker to me when I learned of his death.
One could say that he lived life on his terms and lived it to the fullest.
RIP

he lived his life, left a daughter behind. id say the most entertaining chef on television or the internet there ever was.

Yeah in the movie it definitely implied that the stuff with Asia Argento was the catalyst for his suicide. Buuut....I don't think it's a good thing, necessarily, to put it at her feet....ultimately that kind of decision is his and his alone, no one else is responsible for it IMO

It was clear in that movie that he struggled long before she came into the picture, as you mentioned.
I came away feeling that she must have lead him on, or he believed the relationship was more intense and loving than it actually was. I think he was becoming a lonely old man and probably put more pressure on her than she was comfortable with. I wouldn’t blame her, however, the people around him could’ve been more attentive and considerate.

The episode where he has her direct was painful to watch. As if he was selling a piece of his soul to impress or accommodate someone who might not have considered him much more than a “fling”

I know this is controversial, but I still believe death by autoerotic asphyxiation is a possibility. Who knows, maybe he had some “Weinstein-esque” stuff in his past that he was afraid might come out.

All in all, the man lived a great life and helped educate millions along the way.

R.I.P

***For people interested in the topic of suicide I recommend reading the book “One Friday in April” by Donald Antrim.