• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Answer for how long Suboxone blocks opiates>>>

Thx 6/7

ya i've been reading most of what "ofuk" has been writing since its so different, plus he always talks to ppl like their stupid and he is the only right one. and i remembered him talking about taking big amounts of suboxone in the megathread so it wasn't too hard to catch him doing that. i think he just talks out of his ass most of the time, maybe he is just too fucked up to even know what he's writing idk, or maybe he is just flat out lying.

It's pretty clear what is going on with ofuk now. I always thought he was informed as well but it seems he's just spreading misinformation for the sake of it. I'm sick of it

"This time was different because I ate soo much bupe at once. 2 and a half pills is 22mg!!"

Suboxone is 8 mg a pill. 8mg x 2.5 = 20 mg. Not 22 mg there bub. Still thats a lot of bupe and you will definately not get high after 48 hrs with just 40 mg of OxyContin. Not only that but if you took 20 mg of suboxone you should still be high off of that after 48 hrs of taking it. However your tolerance probably prevents you from noticing that being high feels like your sober. Part of the reason you dont get high after 48 hrs is because you are all ready high and you just dont know it. Another reason is because the active antagonist in the suboxone is on your receptors like you said. So its a combination of blocking and tolerance to opiates. Now if you were to do maybe lets say an 80 mg Oxy or like 5 methadone, I'm guessing you will get about half as high as you normally would when sober with out suboxone in the system.

I would say the general rule of thumb for waiting period is based on the amount you took of suboxone, your previous habits, how long you have been taking suboxone (because it builds up in your system like anti-depressants), how much opiates you take to get the high.

What it takes to get high if you are a previous 80-mg a day OC addicit on a maintenance schedule of 16-mg a day suboxone and you havent taken OC is a month and have been on suboxone for a month. 4 days and 120 mg of OC.

It's 4 hours per mg for suboxone to wear off, and that equation would make sense 22 X 4 = 88 hrs = Not gonna get high after 48 hrs. Ive been on suboxone more than 4 yrs and have tested this theory many times... That's why I would rather take methadone, than if I do happen to score when Im sick, I can still get high. Suboxone can be a death sentence, especially if ur a newbie, cuz u take a bunch to get off sick, then when u do score, ur fucked, cant get high.. lose, lose in my opinion...

im prescribed 24mg suboxone a day, but in my opinion it is way to much and i normally take 2-4mg daily. ive done oc within 12 hours after dosing subs and still been able to get some effect, thats just me of course. but to say its just not possible to feel anything before 72 hours is just jive.

Last edited:
^ You take 2-4mg/day, as you said. When you're taking large doses like 16-24mg a day, its a much different story. Its not jive - its others' experiences.

i have read the first few pages of this thread and have seen a couple different answers from what i'm about to ask so i'd like someone's opinion.

i ingest anywhere from 150mg-200mg of hydrocodone daily (CWE as much as possible.. i love codeine but do in fact love my liver more, for the most part) and this morning i took 4mg of suboxone because i was hurting after being out of my norcos for about 24 hours. i really didn't want to take the suboxone but i couldn't come to work today peaking on withdrawals. i've done a lot of poking around the internet and lurked this forum quite a bit (thank you guys for a lot of very useful information!) and keep finding mixed opinions on how long this stuff lasts.

i took the 4mg (kinda wishing i had just taken 1-2mg now.. too late now, though!) around 7am and got almost instant WD relief. that was great and all but i'm hoping to get high again as soon as possible. i was given the 8mg sub a month or so ago and only took it out of desperation. when i want to kick my opiate habit i plan to get them prescribed to me as from what i've read they seem to work fairly well for a lot of people. i've withdrawn cold turkey before and it was hell on earth. i have no idea what it must feel like to withdraw from heroin or other stronger opiates but after taking 15-20 norcos a day (sometimes more) then quitting cold turkey i felt like i had the worst flu ever, couldn't sleep for two days, and wasn't right until i nabbed some benzos off my friend and slept for about 20 hours. i lost something like 15lbs in 3 days (i'm slightly overweight so it's not that large of an accomplishment but i was shocked.)

sorry, i'm getting off track. i took the 4mg sub this morning and have felt fine until recently. i'm starting to get that god forsaken ache in my calves (probably the worst part of WD for me.. that coupled with the insomnia) and a headache. does that mean the suboxone is wearing off? i don't want to take more suboxone as, like i said before, i'm not trying to kick my habit. will i feel anything if i take my normal dose in say another 3-4 hours? that will be about 12 hours after taking 4mg of suboxone. what about if i double my dose? i'm a large guy, 6'2" 220lbs.

short version of what i've just asked: i took 4mg sub this morning at 7am, have never taken sub before, take about 150-200mg of hydrocodone a day, felt fine this morning but am starting to feel withdrawal symptoms again only 8-9 hours after taking the 4mg of suboxone, will i feel anything if i take my normal dose of hydro in a few more hours (12 hours after taking the sub) and if i double my dose will i feel anything? is it possible to break through the bupe as i've only taken the one dose?

thank you very much for any thoughts or opinions. i'm sure i'm not alone in that i just want to get high and relax after work tonight, not sit around and squirm because the suboxone is wearing off but i can't break through the bupe with hydro.

You can use full agonists (heroin) on top of low doses of bupe, like 1-2mg. Thats why. Simply put, 1-2mg isn't enough to fully block other opiates.
i suppose this somewhat answers my question.

but as i'm not using heroin, will an increase in the amount of hydro i intake be able to break through the 4mg suboxone that was ingested 12 hours earlier?

just trying not to waste my moneys here fellas :p

okay yeah i definitely had no problems getting high after just 10 hours of taking 4mg of suboxone.

sweet.

To add...

IT IS true that you will go into withdrawl if you take a Suboxone AFTER you take a different opiate.. BUT there's a catch. You don't withdraw for very long.. only about a half hour to an hour.. then the bupe fills the receptors and you'll feel better.

The only way the withdrawl would last longer is if you only take like 2MG of Suboxone.. enough to knock the other opiates off.. but not enough to satisfy filling them back up.

If you have a heavy habit (80MG or more of oxycodone for example per day).. you'll need AT LEAST a whole 8MG Suboxone to feel OK at first.

Everyone is different, however, I take over 100mg of OC daily, and I am am 100% feeling awesome with anywhere from 1-2mg of bupe. Less is more with that drug.

Often people start bupe and don't know how strong it is. 40mg of oxy may have been enough opiate to make you high after several days of abstinence *before* you started bupe therapy. Once you have been on bupe for a while, 40mg of oxy aint shit.

It's just a matter of tolerance, there isn't some secret way to suddenly get off on an incredibly small dose of opiate when you have been taking a very strong high dose for an extended period of time.

I wish I could still feel 40mgs of oxy. Now it's like a 10-20 minute teeny-tiny buzz followed by fending for more.

How much longer

i have been on a quarter of a 8mg (2mgS) for a while i stopped takeing it for 2 weeks and started to mess up. So i decieded enough was enough (so i thought) AND I TOOK A HOLE 8MG. its been 36 hours and 10 bags of dope later how much longer do i have to wait?? its driving me nuts i read 36 hrs some say 48 . all i feel is a head ache and tired. please no lectures or judgements

i have been on a quarter of a 8mg (2mgS) for a while i stopped takeing it for 2 weeks and started to mess up. So i decieded enough was enough (so i thought) AND I TOOK A HOLE 8MG. its been 36 hours and 10 bags of dope later how much longer do i have to wait?? its driving me nuts i read 36 hrs some say 48 . all i feel is a head ache and tired. please no lectures or judgements

You will just have to wait it out, everyone is different so we can't say exactly how long it will take.

This thread is really old so I am sending it to the archive.