• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

ANR Treatment for opioid detox…is it legit?

Shant

Bluelighter
I was smoking & selling fentanyl in Los Angeles. Decided to sell my house, cash in, & moved to South Carolina where I have absolutely no contacts. Craigslist is completely dry (I checked). By sheer virtue of literally not being able to find a dealer, I’ve managed to get 15 days clean. No more physical withdrawal symptoms but the depression is acute & maddening. Only happens with fent. Never happened to me with methadone or heroin.

Saw this brief explanation of ANR on YouTube:

It sounds too good to be true. It takes years of abuse to down regulate our receptors to the point they are now. How the hell are they gonna up regulate them in 48 hours? What medication are they using? If it can be done in an expensive inpatient facility, can’t I do the same at home?

I’d love to know what the big brains around here think. Too good to be true or legit? Appreciate it 🙏

Hmm, a Google search returns pretty vague results. 🤔

Now, this is a completely uneducated guess, but the way the guy in the video is talking, go into a clinic dependent on opioids and come out 48 hours later, no wd, no paws? It kinda sounds like he's talking about ibogaine without specifically mentioning ibogaine.

Ok…what’s Bogaine? I saw somewhere (in relation to ANR) that beta-blockers. I don’t know if that helps but “beta blockers “

Ibogaine is the powerful active hallucinogenic compound present in the Iboga plant, native to Africa. Allegedly an intense, often terrifying trip that somehow rewires the brain out of addiction, allegedly. That's all I really know about it, I'd love to learn more. It's been around for a while, Hunter S. Thomson was writing about it in the 70's.

Huh…is that similar to ayahuasca? Sounds like much the same claim. Has Ibogaine been tested and shown to up-regulate receptor?

That I'm not sure about, I haven't done any research on it. Kentucky of all places was looking into investing a lot of money in ibogaine research, but the public didn't like it or something so they fired the guy whose idea it was lol.

If so I'd imagine they had every reason to sweep their findings under the rug. Couldn't have something like ibogaine replace methadone or bupe. (Not necessarily saying it could or couldn't) 🤔

I’m in south carolina as well! I’ll have to look into the ANR treatment, as i’m not too sure with that!

I just read that using antagonists (naloxone/naktrexone) has the effect of up-regulating receptors. That’s interesting…I haven’t had any fent in 17 or 18 days. Only taking a handful of tramadol a day. I could easily walk off that and start taking naltrexone.

Still, I’d love to know exactly how they’re doing it. Maybe they pump you full of naltrexone while simultaneously putting you to sleep. A couple days of that and you should feel pretty good when you wake up. Physical symptoms will be gone, but psychologically you’re still very much an addict…I dunno…

I just read that using antagonists (naloxone/naktrexone) has the effect of up-regulating receptors. That’s interesting…I haven’t had any fent in 17 or 18 days. Only taking a handful of tramadol a day. I could easily walk off that and start taking naltrexone.

Still, I’d love to know exactly how they’re doing it. Maybe they pump you full of naltrexone while simultaneously putting you to sleep. A couple days of that and you should feel pretty good when you wake up. Physical symptoms will be gone, but psychologically you’re still very much an addict…I dunno…
I have seen them do that in other countries, they anesthetize you and flood you with narcan and detox you while you’re under, but could be considered tricky since some people could possible be injured from precipitating a withdrawal so harshly.. but then again they are being monitored professionally and clinically so… but yeah it’s an odd one for sure.

you got this! i’m on subs now but i was always scared to try the naltrexone route. i’ve even heard good things about taking ULDN or LDN while transitioning. the ultra low dose naltrexone didn’t really displace any opioids and actually helped preserve tolerance in a few studies interestingly enough

I was smoking & selling fentanyl in Los Angeles. Decided to sell my house, cash in, & moved to South Carolina where I have absolutely no contacts. Craigslist is completely dry (I checked). By sheer virtue of literally not being able to find a dealer, I’ve managed to get 15 days clean. No more physical withdrawal symptoms but the depression is acute & maddening. Only happens with fent. Never happened to me with methadone or heroin.

Saw this brief explanation of ANR on YouTube:

It sounds too good to be true. It takes years of abuse to down regulate our receptors to the point they are now. How the hell are they gonna up regulate them in 48 hours? What medication are they using? If it can be done in an expensive inpatient facility, can’t I do the same at home?

I’d love to know what the big brains around here think. Too good to be true or legit? Appreciate it 🙏

He is an ex-IDF MD who I actually knew. He developed Rapid Withdrawal in the IDF where I was 1 of many combat vets acclimated to morphine and/or heroin. All this ANR is, is a is a dishonest repackaging of the same process- on his Rapid Detoxo.

Full Anesthesia is given & then full Antagonis via IV is applied. Once it has stripped the Opioid Receptors the patient is brought out of it and administered Benzos on a decreasing dosage gradient. Last time I checked he charged 12k US for that bullshi*e.

He has given it a new name but the process is identical. Pathetically he now lies. If you are a junky, became heavily addicted to opioids before you were 26, nothing is going to "rejuvenate" the edogenous endorphin system. It is even worse if you started in your teenage years. If so? The sad truth is that you are never gone to feel happy chemically free the way non addicts will.

If you are a junky, became heavily addicted to opioids before you were 26, nothing is going to "rejuvenate" the edogenous endorphin system. It is even worse if you started in your teenage years. If so? The sad truth is that you are never gone to feel happy chemically free the way non addicts will.
Where do you get the basis for that claim buddy? Sure it's harder for ppl who started earlier since the conditioning "feel good>opis" has been established in your brain for far too long. Though, that doesn't mean that your brain can't recover from a decade-2 decades addiction. Anyone fucking can, there's no study that proves opioids are neurotoxic to the endogenous endorphin system. Neuroplasticity and homeostasis play a key role here, it might take longer for some ppl, but it's doable.

If you want sources, search my old name, Rachamim1818. It is mainstream science that I began sourcing here in 1999. The optimum thing would be to do the relevant research, nothing too fancy, maybe 20-minutes with a good search engine.

Until we are 26 (on avg) the human brain has not stopped maturing. When it is in that formidable (i.e. immature) stage it is quite vulnerable. People love powerful opioids because they provide euphoria & sedation in ways that no endogenous substances ever can. When your relevant receptors are heavily & constantly exposed to these much more potent substances endogenous compounds are never again going to cut it.

If you are unable to find peer reviewed sources let me know, I will try to help you if time permits.

Edit: You mention neuroplasticity. That is something altogether different involving remapping of synapses, NOT receptor-compound affinity, oversaturation, etc.

I have seen them do that in other countries, they anesthetize you and flood you with narcan and detox you while you’re under, but could be considered tricky since some people could possible be injured from precipitating a withdrawal so harshly.. but then again they are being monitored professionally and clinically so… but yeah it’s an odd one for sure.

you got this! i’m on subs now but i was always scared to try the naltrexone route. i’ve even heard good things about taking ULDN or LDN while transitioning. the ultra low dose naltrexone didn’t really displace any opioids and actually helped preserve tolerance in a few studies interestingly enough
Kind of/sort of. Antagonists do not "reset receptors." They strip agonists but have far higher affinity so that in normal cases you have to wait a considerable time before re-using agonists for psychoactivity.

If you want sources, search my old name, Rachamim1818. It is mainstream science that I began sourcing here in 1999. The optimum thing would be to do the relevant research, nothing too fancy, maybe 20-minutes with a good search engine.

Until we are 26 (on avg) the human brain has not stopped maturing. When it is in that formidable (i.e. immature) stage it is quite vulnerable. People love powerful opioids because they provide euphoria & sedation in ways that no endogenous substances ever can. When your relevant receptors are heavily & constantly exposed to these much more potent substances endogenous compounds are never again going to cut it.

If you are unable to find peer reviewed sources let me know, I will try to help you if time permits.

Edit: You mention neuroplasticity. That is something altogether different involving remapping of synapses, NOT receptor-compound affinity, oversaturation, etc.
Then how come I've quit a 15 years old IV severe on my own? The mind controls everything.

You are talking about something that has nothing to do with anything I have mentioned. "Quitting" and the ability to feel the same joy & happiness as someone who, for example, is opioid naive, are completely unrelated.

Nobody can quantify your subjective consumption & its parameters apart from you. If you were an IDU who injected 3 times a day for years on end before your brain matured, then you almost certainly are not going to feel joy & happiness as you would have had you never used. There are perhaps abberations, far outliers, & who can say? Maybe you just happen to be one but in literature the result is universal. Subjectivity is worthless but if it matters, I am going to turn 57 in 1.5 weeks & became addicted to morphine at age 17.

I can explain it in detail but I am not sure that I should. The forum is not geared for it, nor would anyone care. Certainly it would not change what you claim.

Excellent stuff, I really appreciate the debate. Rachrach, I’m inclined to agree with everything you’ve said. The Ibogaine doesn’t pass the smell test. The idea that receptors can be fully up regulated in a matter of days is absurd on its face so I can’t trust anything else he says.

That’s not to say it wouldn’t be a good option in some cases…if you’ve got the 12k. I think it would’ve been a good option for me when U was still on fentanyl. Would’ve been a good head start anyway. I dropped the tramadol, Kratom is sustaining me so I guess that’s still progress.

I also agree that it’s highly unlikely that a 2 decade addict like me will ever get back to 100%. I can certainly get clean and be “happy” again, but surely not as happy as I would’ve been had I never used.

Highly appreciate all the responses. 😎👍

Then how come I've quit a 15 years old IV severe on my own? The mind controls everything.

You can absolutely get clean & content, and your life situation has a huge bearing there. Like having a partner you’re in love with, a stable work life, supportive family, hobbies, etc…but will your brain really get back to 100%? Maybe your ceiling is 90% now. But maybe not, so many variables. End of the day? All that matters is you got clean. You pulled it off. Keep it going brother.