• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Another terrifying brush with accidental arterial injection

I've never hit an artery but have witnessed a friend hit an artery

but in response to the veins on top of the hands: I have used these successfully. It's rather easy with a 31g short tip

Yeah, the veins in my hand are the only ones that I can consistently hit at the moment. This may have something to do with the needles I bought this last time (which happen to be 1/2cc 30g short tips (similar to your 31s)). I have deep veins on my forearms and biceps and I don't like using the median vein(s) in the crooks of my arms, so the short tips really only serve me when injecting into my hands, wrists, or feet (which I generally avoid because they tend to bruise easily).

Last edited:
my 2 cents

Yeah you'll know if you hit any arteries...you can potentially bleed out.. If this hole youve poked does not close up. Not always the case.. But definitely possible. I see lots of users, tie off way too tight, this can also have an effect on blood pressure. You only want your tie to be slightly snug. That way your veins plump up, but your arteries still flow. Otherwise how can you register..your cutting of circulation, and always let your tie loose BEFORE you start pushing that plunger. When you poke.. Try to have the hole in the needle tip facing up at the ceiling, so as to register and penetrate a little easier, and to prevent air being trapped upon insertion. Most people don't think about the tiny things.. For instance, another thing I learned from a book.. When you finish your shot and ur done pushing the plunger all the way down.. Don't pull out..even though your done pull back a tiny bit (maybe a quarter inch, or just under) one last time and push that back in as well.. Because in all actuality, there's a tiny like bit of drugs (and blood)still stuck in the needles tip.. So when you do that last tiny pull and push.. It gets the very last little bit out. That's why if you've ever taken a perfect shot (found the vein, registered and got everything in)it still has the teeny tiniest little sting when you pull out.. Cuz the drugs left in the tip of the needle, essentially cause a itsy bitsy miss.. This is why old drug vets have "track marks" or little tiny bumps like scar tissue or what not as well.. So doing this last push and pull.. Savors every last little bit of drugs.. Rids the needle tip of any leftovers (eliminating any painful sensation of a mini "miss") and prevents any visual abuse marks and indications of abuse. Also wherever you poke.. Always point TOWARDS your heart.. Go WITH the flow.. And just for the record, fevers accompanied with other extreme discomfort, could possibly be "cotton fever" most people think that cotton fever is a micro fibre of cotton lodged in your syringe, that accidently gets injected into your bloodstream. This is not the case. It's actually a batch of cotton that has been contaminated with a bacteria, or microbial Germ of sorts living in the cotton.. That you happened to come in contact with when using it as a filter to draw up.. So it's out of your hands.. You can buy a brand new thing of questions tips or cotton balls or whatever, and be super safe and clean.. And still accidentally use that unlucky piece of cotton as a filter.. Hope some of this helped

^ [a] Actually the technique of "backwashing" a syringe with blood to get the last picoliter of drug out is highly discouraged as there's usually a small bubble of air that gets trapped in the syringe. By introducing undiluted blood into the area where the small amount of trapped air is, clotting takes place and is then reintroduced back into the bloodstream.

If the plunger is left alone when retracting nothing extravasates into the tissue and certainly has nothing to do with track marks.

[c] You can still register if the tourniquet is too tight because the vein is still receiving pressure. A BP cuff or tourniquet does not stop the blood flow unless it's a trauma tightened tourniquet that has a leverage assist bar that is twisted till excruciatingly tight then locked in place, like a battlefield medic would do. I fully agree with loosening your tie off before injecting though.

I appreciate you wanting to add to this 4 year old thread but please double check your suggestions.

Welcome to BL Schnizzler

Thanks guys i appreciate the info i kinda got in a rush and just shot where i could and it was the Radial artery. My hand fuckin went 1000? and fingers started to sting. Also just for other ppl. If you shoot in a artery you might not get your rush!!

Last edited: