• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Another Oxy question

Uhrlto

Greenlighter
Hello and I'm new here, I have a question in reguards to the Rx my doc gave me today. She replaced my Hydrocodone 10/325 which i have been on for years to oyxcodone 7.5/325. All well and good. I have been concerned about liver damage so I started doing CWE some years ago to reduce the tylenol. With the watson Hydocodone I could see the tylenol gater at the bottom of the cup when I put it in the frezzer to chill and then when I strained it in a coffy filter I had a lump of tylenol, no problem. So today I crush my peach colered Oxy pill in the same manner as I have used in the past, there made by VOGEN Inc BTW, mixed in some water, blended it, put it in the frezzer and waited about 5 minutes, took it out and there was no tylenol on the bottom of the glass. I strained it like I have in the past and opened up the filter to find no tylenol, whats up! Did I do something wrong or is APAP now water souluable? Could someone please advise me on this as I dont want the APAP. Thank you in advance

Tony

If you are doing it correctly, the APAP will dissolve in warm but not cold water. The chemical properties cause it to solidify when it is cooled.

No, acetaminophen isn't water soluble now and I don't think it'll be made possible in the near future so maybe you made an error with your extraction. Remember it is not always 100% guaranteed to work, I'd repeat the process and see if it happens again. Just be cautious.

After crushing put it in warm water mix well then put in the freezer for about 25min (don't let freeze). Then filter. The power towel method works better than the coffee in my opinion. I get crystal clear water when I used to CWE Percs.

If you are doing it correctly, the APAP will dissolve in warm but not cold water. The chemical properties cause it to solidify when it is cooled.

No, acetaminophen isn't water soluble now and I don't think it'll be made possible in the near future so maybe you made an error with your extraction. Remember it is not always 100% guaranteed to work, I'd repeat the process and see if it happens again. Just be cautious.

Ok, something is diffenatly wierd here, because I've done this befor and have always ended up with a musshy clump of stuff left over, and since the hydrocodone was a white tablet it was very easy to see the residue that setteled to the bottom of the glass. I just tried it again and ended up with the same thing.

1. crush tablets with a morter and pestel.
2. add some tepid water, stir well untill everything is dissolved.
3. pour into a V shaped parfiet glass and put in frezzer.
4. chill for about 15 minutes (at this point with the hydro the apap would settel to the bottom of the glass)
5. remove the glass and the liquid is peach colored, with hardley any residue at the bottom.
6. pour through a coffey filter and I notice a small bit of white residue in the dregs but nothing that looks like 325 mg of tylenol.

Anyway thats my procedure, if theres something I'm doing wrong I'm willing to learn. Considering what I've seen befor and what I'm seeing now there is a marked difference.

A CWE is good for removing some, but not all, of the Tylenol. It's not going to be the whole 325mg, but it's definitely enough to reduce chances of damaging your liver.

Do what I did and voice your concerns about Tylenol to your doctor and they can switch you to straight oxycodone. Especially with all the new research of the toxic effects of tylenol there is no reason to prescribe Tylenol oxy mix. If you need a tylenol on top of your oxy you can simply pop one!