• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pharmacology Another kratom pharmacology question

This thread contains discussion about a Pharmacology-related topic

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
Based on this article, would you say that
7-OH is a better analgesic or mitrigynine psuedoindoxil?

I’m having a hard time determining this. It would seem the later is but then it looks like the previous tests 7-OH did better, but I have a limited understanding of these things.

Pseudoindoxil is more potent than 7-OH, meaning less is required to produce an effect, however 7-OH scored higher on antinociceptive tests than both psuedoindoxil and morphine which suggests it is probably the more powerful analgesic compared to pseudoindoxil. More potent doesn't always mean better.

Of course, this is only rating how much mice react to induced pain or discomfort, which is indicative of analgesia but not necessarily how much a human would enjoy it. We can't ask mice about their subjective pain levels or how the drug made them feel.

That's my limited understanding at least.

Last edited:
Pseudoindoxil is more potent than 7-OH, meaning less is required to produce an effect, however 7-OH scored higher on antinociceptive tests than both psuedoindoxil and morphine which suggests it is probably the more powerful analgesic compared to pseudoindoxil. More potent doesn't always mean better.

Of course, this is only rating how much mice react to induced pain or discomfort, which is indicative of analgesia but not necessarily how much a human would enjoy it. We can't ask mice about their subjective pain levels or how the drug made them feel.

That's my limited understanding at least.
My chemist friend somehow obtained both as isolates and says they are really nice.

Even regular mitragynine is very nice when pure.