• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

another fucking petition - drugs test MPs

hell yes. should be mandatory for anyone in public office.

Aye, I'm a bit split on it. I'm all for rooting out hypocrisy but don't want to be drug tested anywhere myself. Also - the petition doesn't seem to place any obligation on the government, like the .gov petitions can do.

yeah, i agree that drugs tests are quite irrelevant and unnecessary, but im just being a spiteful fucker. but i suppose theyre doing a good enough job of exposing their hypocrisy by being filmed snorting coke and calling asians whores.

Not into supporting anything that calls for blanket testing of anyone. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I'd rather spend time campaigning that blanket testing is a violation of human dignity and rights. Plus it's only used as a spurious reason to get rid of people who shitty employers can't pin a legitimate sacking offence on. If drugs are really affecting a person's work, then there's no need for tests.

Not into supporting anything that calls for blanket testing of anyone. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I'd rather spend time campaigning that blanket testing is a violation of human dignity and rights. Plus it's only used as a spurious reason to get rid of people who shitty employers can't pin a legitimate sacking offence on. If drugs are really affecting a person's work, then there's no need for tests.

This guy speaks sense.

Why shouldn't the geezer be able to sniff coke and go with prostitues if he wants in his private time? (except for illegality obviously (or marital loyalty)) If i have a problem with him doing drugs i'd be a hypocrite, just for some political point score. Prostitutes is something else i suppose cos i don't use them, but i've no problem with that either if the women weren't oppressed into having to shag a lord in some way (arguably prostitutes usually are though, if they're lucky, only economically).

The only angle of the story worth considering is the use of expenses, or even just the existence of his expenses (£200 a day?!), the rest isn't relevant to me. Surely there are far more important reasons to intrude on privacy in that very building (this happened in Dolphin Square) - funny how the sun never managed to do any videos there involving any paedophilia (or maybe they're locked up in Rupert's safe)

Last edited:
Why shouldn't the geezer be able to sniff coke and go with prostitues if he wants in his private time?

He's not a 'geezer' like the rest of us, he's an unelected peer in a position of power and influence (or was) and should not be in that kind of job if he isn't clean as a whistle.

Goes for all the government, these people have the power to destroy the entire planet with a few reckless moves, nevermind wreck the lives of our own citizens, and you think it's ok, or safe, for them to be using drugs while they have that responsibility?

I can't imagine you'd be saying that if he's had one too many on a Friday night..?

Edit: It's not to say there is nothing wrong with what he's done, clearly there is. But the idea that just because you've got a powerful job you shouldn't be allowed to ever ingest drugs of any kind seems a bit riduclous, especially when presumably most users here would like to see at the very least decriminalisation of the majority of drugs.

even if drugs were legal and completely decriminalised, it doesn't make them a sensible thing to do when you have a job that directly impacts other peoples lives, safety and wellbeing, anymore than it is a sensible thing to get in your car and drive home after drinking a bottle of (legal) vodka.

also if you are a coke head that pays for sex, you are a liability to the reputation of the rest of the government, so this guy clearly has no respect for his colleagues or they are all at it, or they all believe they are above the law and beyond reproach.

as they said about the 'snoopers charter' - if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. apply their own logic to their own drug testing, and i would expect a lot of protestation about how blanket testing has a chilling effect.

But the majority of people don't do their jobs 24 hours a day.

I'm also not saying that he shouldn't have resigned and everyone should be totally fine with him taking coke and hiring prostitutes, but mandatory drug testing for politicians is not a sensible response.

when the people who make the laws criminalising drug use among the populace are caught hoofing coke up their beak on video, how can anyone have any confidence that they are remotely trustworthy or competent? Hypocrites.

...as they said about the 'snoopers charter' - if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. apply their own logic to their own drug testing, and i would expect a lot of protestation about how blanket testing has a chilling effect.

As someone said, two wrongs don't make a right - i'd never stoop to 'nothing to hide=nothing to fear' level just because they did (if it was as strategy to bring an end to drug testing it's a bit better i suppose, but still...).

Leaving aside the prostitutes (they're not going to test for them) i see nothing wrong with someone, even with an important job, taking drugs in their free time to unwind - so long as it doesn't impact their job - i can't have a problem about it without being a hypocrite. This is a basic freedom as far as i'm concerned - freedom has to apply to all, even if they happen to be lords (even though they've largely already got this freedom). True, the drugs law should be applied to the lords exactly as it is to any normal person (which it isn't), but if i'm against that drug law for me, i'm against it for anyone else too.

Show me a petition to get rid of all lords and i'll sign it immediately, but this current one is irrelevant to me (and a bit scary)

Show me a petition to get rid of all lords and i'll sign it immediately, but this current one is irrelevant to me (and a bit scary)

Word. Unelected upper house in 2015, how embarrassing.

although i cede that drugs tests are irrelevant if youre doing you job properly (which these people are not), a bit of transparency and less hypocrisy in our government wouldnt go amiss. would you really be ok with george osbourne or david cameron doing drugs on the side even whilst they continue with the current system of senseless prohibition?

some of the conservatives welfare reforms etc just scream arrogant, ignorant coke rant--maybe they actually need testing for the sake of us proletarians. a bit like how someone in a car wreck gets automatically breathalysed.

and two wrongs can sometimes make a right if it shakes shit up appropriately. id love to expose more of these hypocritical, privileged, fat-n-comfy on their 80K plus expenses salary shitheels.

im quite aware how inconsequential this poll is, though. just glad its started a bit of a debate :D

...and two wrongs can sometimes make a right if it shakes shit up appropriately. id love to expose more of these hypocritical, privileged, fat-n-comfy on their 80K plus expenses salary shitheels.

I'd also love to expose them, and schadenfreude is strong seeing them come a cropper (lords that is - this was a labour lord not a tory (not that it makes a difference (corbyn and chums aside)) - i fear if we went down that route it would end up being worse for us than them (hows about daily drug testing to recieve benefits? random drug tests for parents? smoke/drug detectors in all council homes/workplaces/toilets? (i better shut up, they might come on here - anyone ever seen any 'is my butler chopping my coke correctly' threads?)

Last edited:
Edit - Misread what Smacky said - but my main reaction is that by being complicit with any form of daft druggie witchunt, even if to make a point, will Not shake things up, but completely undermine our point in an unedifying way.

Last edited: