View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Another DXM Polystirex topic

Shatter

Greenlighter
Okay so there's been some discussion about this before. What I have gathered is that the 12 hour Delsym that uses polystirex is a time release version of HBr and it is essentially half as powerful (even with the fact that there's more HBr per ml in Delsym) but lasts twice as long. The bottle says "Each 5 mL contains DXM polystirex equivalent of 30mg DXM HBr"

If I have not tripped on DXM before, and I am a 135 pound male

Is 700-800 mg of polystirex enough for a good time? Can I for example go to a party and be functional? I've heard of some people not getting any effects from polystirex at all.

I understand tripping for 12 hours may not be the most enjoyable thing, however Im willing to give it a whirl.

Also if anyone has direct experience with polystirex can you tell me how different it is from regular HBr?

I used Delsym to trip once, being unaware of the differences between DXM Polistirex and DXM HBr, I had a whole bottle (888mg) and I'm one of those people that didn't feel a thing other than being off balance and having a slight body high. I felt really heavy.

Polistirex differs in the fact that it is extended release, so it converts less of the DXM into DXO. DXO is what brings about the dissociative effects, while the effects of DXM are completely different. Not to mention Polistirex is worse on your liver, it is an edible plastic.