• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Another Cooking H Thread: On Impurities

JS2325

Greenlighter
Hi,
I've read through several threads debating the pros & cons of heating H before injection. Before I go any further I should mention I live in a major city located in the North Eastern US. Also when I talk about adding heat I'm referring to briefly bring the solution containing the product to a brief boil.
While there is less agreement on the potential sterilization benefits from adding heat one thing the threads seem to consistently agree on is that heating a shot will cause impurities to dissolve that otherwise wouldn't.
I'm my experience adding heat until a boiling point is reached seems to 'clear up' certain solutions, by this I mean sometimes the liquid is incredibly cloudy, even after filtering. Often when using product that turns cloudy in water adding heat will cause a film to form at the top and after filtering the solution the result is a opaque brownish liquid (what 'clean' dope should look like imho). Before doing research on this message board it was always my assumption with some of this cloudy stuff adding heat 'cooks off' impurities. Furthermore even with stuff that isn't incredibly cloudy sometimes adding heat results in a bit of gooey reside in the cooker after filtering that wouldn't be present if heat wasn't added.
I was hoping I could get some educated feedback on exactly what i'm experiencing; if cooking dissolves impurities why is the shoot cleaner looking after adding enough heat to bring the solution to a brief boil? Is my initial theory about boiling off impurities even possible and if not could someone explain what's happening the aforementioned scenarios?

BTW I was under the impression that using terms like 'swim' is now not only no longer necessary but actually frowned up. I apologize I've made a mistake about the current policy and as a former member who hasn't posted in a long time respectfully request that this post be edited by a mod instead of removed entirely as a one time curiosity.