• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Another Conspiracy: Sublocade Shots and THAT PAIN

magickmarck

Bluelighter
This may be an issue exclusive to me, or a few people. I received a few Sublocade shots to get me off of Suboxone (I was stuck around 1mg/day). It worked! I tapered off the shots without too many w/d symptoms and now I'm opiate-free, aside from a few fuckups here and there. But goddamn, did those shots ever hurt like hell. Instant unbearable pain upon administration -- I wanted to knock the fucking syringe out of the nurse's hand! They obviously dreaded giving them too, the look on her face was priceless. Not only that, but for at least an hour afterward I would have recurring fits of massive, mind melting pain in the local area. Getting back to my car after the shot was an ordeal, as was trying to drive with the flareups.

My point: Why would they punish drug users like this? What the fuck is to be gained by adding the ingredients they add (they do, if you look into it) to make it so irritating? I get that they're trying to prevent desperate dope fiends from stealing and mainlining the shit, or whatever, but its really pretty horrendous. Just something I wanted to mention, to see if anybody else had experience with this. Fuck these drug companies. First our teeth, now this.

Wow. I've done my share of opioids but never shot up, nor used bupe. That's absolutely awful, though. It's like denatured alcohol, addicts need to be punished for having a problem, and the fact that they purposefully and knowingly put every person to receive their medication into seething pain, with a pain medication, ironically. Not really anything to add, I'm just surprised I hadn't heard of this shit.