• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Anonymous Announces OpCannabis, Phase 1

Excellent discussion Foreigner and SlimVic. I agree with both of you, but I am with SlimVic in that it's important not to give up hope. There are things we can do. There are a lot of intelligent people on both sides of the conflict, but the fact of the matter is we have numbers on our side. We have basic ethical principles and reason on our side. All they have is greed and capital. Granted, those assets are VERY powerful, but they are not invincible.

yeah, now the the DEA has a reason to fuck these guys.

The government/DEA/FBI/CIA (and pretty much ALL goverment officials) have been after Anonymous for awhile due to blackouts of websites (CIA/FBI included, along with several other goverment websites) and infiltration of information from many corporate and goverment databases too... A couple of members have been arrested, but considering how many members Anonymous has worldwide, the Officials really aren't doing all too well. I am not a member of Anonymous, but I support some of their actions, especially consider their impact on SOPA/PIPA and hopefully ACTA will be able to be prevented as well.

Considering forums like this would likely be closed down (not particularly bluelight due to it's .ru web address - but American's would be prevently from viewing it if the US Government deemed it so - which they blatently would) it's really in all of our best interests that Government legislations/propositions's get stopped, as all they are trying to do is excessively monitor and prevent us from our internet freedom.

In regards to 420, I really don't see it being too long (5-10 years) before Cannabis is legalized in America/UK if not for recreational (and tax benefits) then at least for Medical. But 420 does give Cannabis advocaters and users and chance to unite, and celebrate together, so it's all good in my books ;)

Weed will never be legalized as long as there is a two party system in America. Decriminalized maybe, but legal? Not a chance

Pardon me for going off topic but,

My life will be complete once either I'm able to get my hands on pure mdma again or it is legalized.

Pardon me for going off topic but,

My life will be complete once either I'm able to get my hands on pure mdma again or it is legalized.

You're my hero ahaha! I too wish for this day, though I doubt it'll ever come. Although there was some very interesting results in the 70's-80's with Psychiatrists and Psychologists experimenting with MDMA with patients who had Bi-Polar & Major Depressive Disorder and various other disorders. A lot of it had positive results.

But we all know how the DEA/FDA & MHRA (in the UK) will probably never let this happen again, even though there have been some more recent investigations into it for Psychology again, it'll never get passed IMO... :(

Romney becoming the GOP presidential candidate shows just how much money and the power of advertising decide our government. The guy doesn't even sound human and due to his massive amounts of wealth is in the presidential race. Someone needs to make a superpac or orginization solely for the reason of advertising how unjust the drug war is. They made drugs illegal through advertising/propaganda, lets repeal it the same way.

Brilliant, a bunch of "hackers" who a lot of the world looks down on - is going to try and educate people about cannabis.

This pisses me off and i'm a toker, all your average persons gonna see is a bunch of lame criminals promoting drugs. Thanks, but i'd rather have someone reputable fighting this cause. Fuck you anonymous!

Anonymous are not a bunch of "hackers", there are some groups of Anonymous members like Lulzsec/Anti-sec and Cabin Cr3w that are comprised of hackers, but the majority of Anonymous "members" are every day people like you or me, usually activists with some interest in seeing change in the world.

Anonymous is regularly discredited because the whole idea of Anonymous is that anyone who wants to claim to be Anonymous, is Anonymous, this is no organisation with membership, if you say you're Anonymous, you are Anonymous. All it takes is for Mr Hacker to say "This was on behalf of Anonymous", and that's all that will be reported by the media.

Please don't blindly believe everything the media would like to have you believe. To call Anonymous "hackers" is like calling Muslims "terrorists", some Anonymous members are hackers, just as some Muslims may be terrorists. The vast majority are not.

Regarding the Op, I think it's a good idea. I don't think they'll lose any support Folley, most of the larger more well known groups that use the Anonymous name like YourAnonNews, AnonyOps etc have been behind supporting the legalization of Cannabis for quite some time, it doesn't seem to have affected their support.

Humanity as a whole will benefit from the legalization of Marijuana, sadly this only has a chance in western countries.... certain nations in the far east refuse to even hear a legalization argument.. they prefer to just hang anyone caught with a small amount of drugs and calling it trafficking