• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Anhydrous acetone wash and other purification questions

gibberish-noise

Bluelighter
I have access to a bottle of Jasco acetone, probably from a hardware store as it was used in carpentry. There is no information on percentage on the bottle, but its concentration (#3 here) is listed as 100%. Does this mean it is 100% acetone and I can proceed with the adding dehydrated MgSO4 step? Or is this number something else and the must acetone explicitly state its percentage on the container? Even if it is not 100%, would it still be possible to anhydrate it (and just use up more magnesium sulphate)?

If I have benzo or amp pills that I want to crush and insufflate, is there any way to remove binders/fillers? Analogous to CWE for codeine, for instance.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Unsure if this should go here or in Other Drugs subforum. Mods, please move it to where you see fit.

It won't be 100% anhydrous acetone. Not hardware store grade stuff.
That percentage refers to it not containing other substances other than acetone (no mineral oil etc).
Water isn't included in that but you can bet on it containing up to 10% of water.
Anhydrous acetone would be pricey and come in a special packaging.
Yes, go ahead and dry with magnesium sulphate. Make sure to dry the magnesium salts before as well.

Forgot to reply to the other part of the post...
The fillers are soluble in water so a CWE won't get rid of them. You'd have to figure out solvents that can dissolve a filler (you need to know all the inactive ingredients contained in the pill as well before you start and they would be listed in the leaflet that comes with the medicine) but not the active substance or the other way around as that's how an extraction works to separate substances. It would be very time consuming and you'd lose product with each extraction anyway.

Last edited:
I'm gonna do a second post because I don't wanna edit the other one again after all this time.
Benzos aren't soluble in water... Only midazolam and a very few others are so what I am gonna say for amphetamine pills can't apply.
Some fillers aren't water soluble (like talc for example) and you need to know what they are exactly anyway and check what they're soluble in or not.
With amphetamine pills you could maybe do a solution in water and micron filter to get rid of the water insoluble fillers at least and then dry the solution to a powder again. That's your best bet I think.
You'd have to filter a good amount of tabs to make this worthwhile.
Also, first use a filter with a larger pore size or cotton or you'll clog the 0.2 micron filter

should one crush the meth before washing, to ensure sufficient surface area is covered for a thorough wash?