• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

anesthesia and methadone

samy96

Greenlighter
hello, i hope im posting this in the right section.
so, i have coming and going getting alot of information from this forum for the past 4 years
i couldnt find anything about what im about to ask so i hope i can get some info from you guys.
i started using heroin and tramadol 3 years ago and a year ago i swithced to methadone
now i have been on methadone for just more than a year, using 10mg a day just to maintain and prevent withdrawal( i seriously cant take the anxiety and depression).
now my question is, if i need to have a surgery and go under anesthesia, do i have to quit before having a surgery? or it doesnt interfere with the anesthetic.
im probably gonna need to have a surgery soon and my family doesnt know about my addiction and im planning on keeping it that way for good reasons, and i need to quit before having a surgery well thats gonna be a serious problem, so any information is appreciated.

thanks in advance.

I think you should be fine with anesthesia even on a higher dose as long as you are stable. The doctors should know about this though they may change the dose or type of anesthesia or something. With you being on such a low dose (congrats on that) I think it would especially be fine but im not 100% sure I just feel like ive heard this talked about.