• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

And it continues....

Opiatehell85

Bluelighter
Hey,

so today I went to an nhs rehab clinic, for a huge codeine addiction which has took over my life (see my other threads) and was told I would need to return daily for methadone scripts to combat it. As you can imagine I left very upset feeling I had no other way out, I only went in hoping for a withdrawal plan to get off them. Cold turkey is hard for me, especially after three years of taking. I've young children to care for and work full time so it just isn't an option, yet neither is methadone 8o

I received Kratom through the post and tried a 2g toss and wash yesterday, I felt slight euphoria but only lasted an hour at the most. I'm going to try a stronger dosage soon so I will update.
im hoping to use this sparingly to help with withdrawal when I am reducing the codeine.

Any other tips would be appreciated.

kratom's euphoria only lasts about an hour IME. if you're lucky u may get and extra half hour. with cannabis the peak is definitely brought back. i wish you luck.

homeless ---> OD

I'm no good with pot, we don't get along, I've no idea why but I don't like it, makes me really sick so I never tried it again. I'm hoping I can find the Kratom level I need to aid withdrawal.

They must be totally incompetent fools to suggest you get on methadone for a codeine addiction. That could be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. They might as well say, "well, you have a hang nail, we are going to cut off your arm."

If I were you I would just try and taper down with the codeine. Codeine is pretty much the most mild thing in the opiate world. I am not minimizing your plight, but you will be feeling better in a week at most if you just stopped. Whatever you do, DON'T get on methadone. I'm shocked they would even give you methadone for a taper for a codeine addiction, as you'd probably get high from taking a low dose of methadone.

Opiatehell - how much codeine are you on daily?

Your not in Australia by chance?

They must be totally incompetent fools to suggest you get on methadone for a codeine addiction. That could be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. They might as well say, "well, you have a hang nail, we are going to cut off your arm."

If I were you I would just try and taper down with the codeine. Codeine is pretty much the most mild thing in the opiate world. I am not minimizing your plight, but you will be feeling better in a week at most if you just stopped. Whatever you do, DON'T get on methadone. I'm shocked they would even give you methadone for a taper for a codeine addiction, as you'd probably get high from taking a low dose of methadone.

I agree and told them the same, I'm definitely not taking them up on their offer. I was distraught. I do find cold turkey hard, but I've made out a withdrawal programme tonight with my partner.

I take 600-900 mg a day which is very high I know. This is over a period of three years daily usage for pain relief. Still in pain but with an addiction on top too.

doesn't codeine have a ceiling dose of 400mg?

or are you spacing these doses?

why not give lope a try? methadone is how they'd make you into a methadone addict...

Methadone for codeine dependence? That's the wrong way around. Scratch that. Just taper with codeine a reduce your dose by a third every three days until you're ready to jump.

Yeah I'm spacing the doses at the moment but have took all at once before now, ceiling dose doesn't really have effect on me, I still feel the extra mg on top of the 400mg maybe it's just in my head. I am definitely not taking methadone, I worked a taper out last night reducing by one tablet every three days, so gonna give that a try. If not suppose I'll just have to go CT and man up a bit (I'm a woman ha) but I really do find it so hard.

ceiling dose only applies to the conversion of codeïne to morphine , codeïne has another (weaker) metabolite codeïne-6-glucoronide which has no ceiling dose.

also for a 600-900 mg s=a day habit for 3 years methadone maintenance is not that outrageous imo .

Maybe very low dose Buprenorphine is an option? There are 0,4mg Subutex generics and with your daily intake 0,8mg of Bupe could take care of the WDs during a rapid taper, not for longer maintenance!
Of course there is the problem that you'd need to taper down the codeine and wait ~24-48h until you can make the switch. Just food for thought.

Kratom would be the better option imo. Try 4-5g per dose and how long it holds you (probably 5-6 hours).

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I spoke to the rehab lady again yesterday, I'm going to try a taper, reducing by one tablet every three days starting today, if it doesn't work then I'm gonna try bupe, if that doesn't hold it then methadone it is. But I am gonna try my damn hardest not to go there, the thought of going for daily pick up disgusts me, I'm just a normal girl with a bad codeine habit! But suppose that's were all addictions start, just didn't want to go onto stronger substances. I can't keep this habit up, it's absolutely crippling me both mentally and financially. I worked out yesterday in two years of taking that amount equals to 16,500 tablets and £6000 spent. Disgusting I should be ashamed of myself. But my addiction does go deeper, I do it to mask emotions, I'll get there I suppose. Thanks for the advice xoxox

As for Kratom I have some here already, only tried a small 2g didn't do much, but will try again in a stronger dosage.