• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

And behold, a Black Horse, and him that sat upon it was RC Famine.

What characterizes 2C-D for you?

I find the "psychedelic tofu" to have quite some flavor. At 5-15mg oral it gives a compelling mental trip inbetween tripping and brain stimulation. I can totally see DOM being a gem.

R = Alkyl, (methyl, ethyl, propyl) just like X = Halogen (F, Cl Br, I). DOR+2C-R are the alkyl counterparts of DOX_ 2C-X.

I've never seen that before, I've always just said 2C-X to refer to any of them.

Yeah, when I first saw you reference DOR it took me a second. I had to pop my O. Chem 101 hat on for it to click

I recognize the chem reference
But I too always took it to be 2C-x, much in the same way its MDxx

What characterizes 2C-D for you?

I find the "psychedelic tofu" to have quite some flavor. At 5-15mg oral it gives a compelling mental trip inbetween tripping and brain stimulation. I can totally see DOM being a gem.

I've taken it mostly in the range of 10-25mg, oral.

It's an easy going, social, everything-booster. It has a bit of a stimulant quality to it without being pushy. It's a general psychedelic amplifier that's just barely trippy. It's a good-times enhancer, colour-turner-upper, smile warmer, and party booster. It's a perfect recreational psychedelic.

It's a bit hard to pin down because it's so transparent, but the "psychedelic tofu" description never sat right for me. Not because I dislike tofu; I like it very much. But tofu is softer, squishier, and whiter than 2C-D, and somewhat bland on it's own, which I don't find to be the case with 2C-D, it sits perfectly fine without needing to be combined.

I can't speak about its utility in contexts like introspection, therapy, creative pursuits, spirituality, because I've mostly taken it at raves and clubs TBH . I could see it being good for creativity, meditation. It could be a good therapeutic tool too because of it's short duration, non-threatening nature and dead-easy comedown. I wouldn't reach for it if I wanted to dissolve my ego and commune with god.

A good nickname would be 2C-Dad, because it's perfect for Dads who sneak out for a party here and there. It's also the drug your Dad would want you to do because it's so safe and you're not going to get hurt or addicted. After the 3-4h trip, you can be safely and responsibly be tucked into bed and drifting off to sleep, and then up again in the morning maybe a little bit earlier than you maybe would have liked, but like nothing had happened at all, and all-in-all better shape than if you had not taken drugs the night before. 110% recovery the next day, no hangover whatsoever. An anti-hangover.

It's a good one for beginners because it's so easy. It's like the Kindergarten of psychedelics. It's also very good for experienced users because you might be at the stage where you don't really need fireworks and just want to get a bit trippy and have a good time. It's probably not good for intermediates who are ambitious to plumb the depths of their psyche, or have their minds blown into the 5th dimension.

Yeah I'd love to try DOM too.

Sorry for the 2C-D rant, I guess that's a bit off topic. :giggle:

Last edited:
2C-DAD ^_^

Yes its very beginner friendly, especially beginners with MDMA experience. What I also find sublime about 2C-D is that it lasts 3-4 hour orally. That makes it of great utility, not just for busy schedules but also for entheogenic therapists. a 3-4 therapy session is not that outlandish. It also leaves you envigorated and doesn't drain you by an 8 hour onslaught of intense tripping :D

I see very much therapeutic potential for this one.

Please dont EVER apologize for delivering a decent length piece on an interesting subject :)

Ontopic too, because Phenethylamines are likely on the chopping block if the ban comes through.

I remember similar fears about the availability of obscure psychedelics after Web Tryp. While things got a bit more challenging to source after it occurred, the scene became far more robust and varied. The grey market will *never* entirely disappear IMHO...

It definitely won't, prohibition doesn't work. However I do imagine the supply chain will get disrupted for a while. And we may not see a resurfacing of some things.

Such is life.

"It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life. Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed."