• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

And behold, a Black Horse, and him that sat upon it was RC Famine.

Asante

Bluelighter
Guys, I have some very bad news for all you RC lovers out there, myself included,.

The main market for RC's is Europe, and the primary route of entry of RC's in Europe is Holland, presumably mostly throught the port of Rotterdam. In April 2019 the Dutch Gov't declared that it wants to issue a blanket ban on whole families of RC's, in essence the Dutch equivalent of the US Controlled Substances Analogues act. More EU countries have done so, such as the UK, who banned basically everything except poppers that enable people to take things up the ass, Germany, who banned many things but not all possible things, and strategically, also Belgium, with its Antwerp harbor, that also was a major point of entry.

We do not know what model Holland will follow, the UK model of banning any possible thing, or, more reasonably, the German model of banning of a bunch of legally problematic families of compounds, such as Phenethylamines, but keeping the door open to legit innovation.
Its likely going to be an offshoot of the German model rather than the UK one.

Still. Europe is the main world market of RC's and Holland its main point of entry.

There is a likeliness of worldwide service interruptions, a partial RC famine, as the market restructures itself to other nations, but perhaps also to other products.

Like famously MXE that came before, some really good RC's might not make it back except for small local labs taking matters in their own hands.

When will this be?

There is a EU law that new laws within the EU must be posted on the Europa website 90 days in advance of implementation, so at the moment this happens, that gives us all a 90 day warning.

If there are RC's you are particularly fond of AND which you can store without debauchery dramas resulting, it might be a good idea to start allocating funds and start stocking up a reasonable supply of your most treasured RC's.

The famine will be temporary, the genie of the RC revolution is out of the bottle and there's no way ainy government can truly put a lid on it. Prohibition never worked, we know that, and with Cannabis we are now seeing a global collapse of the prohibition policy. You just can't keep a free people from what they really want.

There may be a famine though, and some RC's might not make it back, like famous ones have in the past.

A small airtight glass vial, such as a lab vial or essential oil vial, packed with most kinds of RC's, will have a shelf life of years if not decades if stored into a three/four star freezer. Most "shulgin" phenethylamines (such as 2C-B or 2C-E), in such a vial in total darkness, will keep for years at room temperature. Tryptamines and cathinones tend to deteriorate rapidly at room temperature.

Please do not store substances you have compulsive redosing issues with in a manner that gives you direct access to it, to prevent drama.

Forewarned is forearmed, the least you can do when confronted with a possible impending famine is buy a big bag of rice, isn't it?

I'm a Dutch user of legal psychedelics, not affiliated with any vendors.

Like a Japanese train usher, I want to make sure no one misses what may be the last train to where they need to be.

All aboard!

Yeah someone else posted this too, maybe a week ago. Prohibition is so stupid.

At the same time as the RCs are becoming more scarce, I think we're seeing the very well established psychedelics such as MDMA, mushrooms and even LSD enter into legit medical usage, maybe even become legalized for recreational/self-therapy etc.

And meanwhile, it sounds like LSD is back to being abundantly available on the black market. And if worse comes to worse, magic mushrooms can never be stopped, and mescaline cacti grow well.

So, while this is very sucky news, it's not all bad news in the world of psychedelics. Maybe just shifting gears for a while.
Hopefully this all comes full circle eventually and the RCs slowly re-emerge as legitimized substances over the years.

Anyways, we have the fortune of being here in this moment where we have the option to stock up on multiple lifetime supplies of some of these great mind expanding substances. I hope the producers crank up production during the final stretch here, and that everyone stashes away enough to see your friends and family through the probably famine! I'm normally quite minimalist when it comes to acquisition, but it's hard to imagine regretting such a hoard.

I'm normally quite minimalist when it comes to acquisition, but it's hard to imagine regretting such a hoard.

I've been working at it for years... I don't regret it at all. :) I have a feeling the black and grey markets will continue, after some downtime to regroup. These days RCs are a really big business, someone is going to take the reigns.

In my humble opinion, all the best drugs are already illegal anyway. DMT, LSD, 2CB, MDMA, Psilocybin, amphetamine, ketamine. And I've got no problem getting any of those. But I do understand the novelty of buying drugs legally. All good things must come to an end (and bad things too, such as modern society and all established governments).

Much love fellow psychedelic enthusiasts. I wish I knew more of you (or any) in person, other than my SO. But she's breastfeeding going on 3 years now so you know, not much action there.

Have you ever tried 2C-E? In my opinion and that of many, best 2C other than Mescaline.

Have you ever tried 2C-E? In my opinion and that of many, best 2C other than Mescaline.
Yes it's very good! It's the phenethylamine take on acid if you ask me. Definitely highly worthy. I think it was Xorkoth who recently said it has an ancient logical quality to it, which is a great description. When I first took it I remember thinking "technical mescaline". A great thing about 2C-E is that it will probably never degrade, so it's good for a long term stash.

In my humble opinion, all the best drugs are already illegal anyway. DMT, LSD, 2CB, MDMA, Psilocybin, amphetamine, ketamine. And I've got no problem getting any of those. But I do understand the novelty of buying drugs legally. All good things must come to an end (and bad things too, such as modern society and all established governments).

I know what you mean. I don't think there are any RCs that are necessarily "better" than any of the classic illegal psychedelics, and those illegal ones won't dry up. It's a shame though because the black market is unregulated by nature, and can interface with some shady parts of society, and horrible practices. There are definitely some worthy RC contenders that are on par with the classics, but I mean, you could spend your entire life just working with LSD for sure. So it's not the end of the world. But it's really really cool to have the options, and each psychedelic has something unique to offer.

Actually, there really are some RCs that are irreplaceable. 2C-D and 5-MeO-DMT come to mind, which sit on opposite ends of the psychedelic spectrum from each other. AL-LAD and ETH-LAD are such gems too - not so different from LSD that they are irreplaceable, but far enough away that they are entirely worthy.

Then there are all the RCs that never really got a fair shake, at times there were so many to choose from that it was hard to keep track of what is what, and to take them enough times to really grasp their nature. The substituted tryptamines are like a zoo, and I feel like we as a community have barely scratched the surface of figuring them all out. I think there could be plenty of lost gems in there. I mean, for a long time I think 5-MeO-DMT was overlooked by a lot of people, and it was sitting right under our noses (so to speak lol) for ages.

5-MeO-DMT is not really a RC because it occurs in nature alongside DMT. 2C-D in low doses was a gem and on the other soide of 2C-E, 2C-P is a treasure too. The DOR/2C-R compounds all have something magical.

I would say that 2C-B is a genuine improvement though, because it enables a majority of people to have a pleasant or even sensuous trip, without mindfucking them into something not of their choosing. 2C-B kinda is a "soft trip" or a harder MDMA, and for this reason its common in Holland, it has become quasi mainstream there. 2C-B is a RC that made it across to the black market, with black market labs producing it. A claim to fame very few RC's can make, not even MXE which was immensely popular.

We couldnt keep up with the RC influx and it will keep on accellerating as we, society, accellerate to the Singularity.

I dare claim that within a decade we'll have "The Next Ecstasy", a near completely novel drug with spectacularly positive effects. There is so much research being done, official and clandestine, it is almost inevitable. I wouldnt be surprised if antidepressant research would yield a compound that would make your day "just awesome" and which could be taken on a daily basis. Or, a hardcore psychedelic that is highly visual or highly mysical, but without bad trip proneness.

'Hug me till you drug me, honey; Kiss me till I'm in a coma: Hug me, honey, snuggly bunny; Love's as good as Soma.' We live in interestng times. Recreational drugs are about to get GOOD.

5-MeO-DMT is not really a RC because it occurs in nature alongside DMT. 2C-D in low doses was a gem and on the other soide of 2C-E, 2C-P is a treasure too. The DOR/2C-R compounds all have something magical.

Yeah I was thinking about that re: 5-MeO-DMT, yet it's not very easy to acquire relatively pure from natural sources afaik, unlike psilocybin, DMT or mescaline.
Agreed wholeheartedly re: 2C-E and 2C-P. What do you mean by DOR/2C-R? R being just the variable (aka x)? I've unfortunately never had the privilege of sampling a DOx compound.

I never loved 2C-B, but it crossed over into the legit black market recreational psychedelics around here too. MXE seems to have as well around here, although it might just be the leftovers from RC internet MXE that dealers are still flogging.

It will certainly be interesting to see what emerges out of the clandestine and official chemistry research

R = Alkyl, (methyl, ethyl, propyl) just like X = Halogen (F, Cl Br, I). DOR+2C-R are the alkyl counterparts of DOX_ 2C-X.

Its gonna be exciting, but also tragic. The technology available to big corps becomes increasingly available to the common man. Take the Fentanyls epidemic. I have a 16 year old Shroomery quote on the books of me worrying that:

Asante said on 18/02/03 09:10 AM (16 years, 8 months ago):
Fentanyl is like 100-200x more potent than Morphine.
A 100mcg dose is a tiny speck of dust. You cannot work this homogenously into a powder without massive ODs all over the place.

I know some stuff and strongly believe named procedure to dilute it will cause alot of OD deaths. Besides: why an opioid that only lasts 30min with a respiratory depression that lasts 2 hours.
Fentanyls are only manageable by pharmaceutical companies and need to be handled with f#cking MOONSUITS to prevent accidental poisoning.
And to think that in 10 years or so that shit's gonna be everywhere
Guess buying street drugs equals buying ODs soon.

1 gram 3-Methylfentanyl equals 3-5kg street heroin...
The pusher's wet dream
The user's nightmare
Crystallized Death.

I was off by a few years but not much. That wasn't rocket science. It was in the post. The chemistry was out there, the enormous economic potential was out there, it just needed the advance of technology and unscrupulous people to put two and two together. China proved the catalyst. Domestic fentanyl labs are the next logical step. So the advance of technology isnt solely a blessing.

Just like PCP in the late 60s, fentanyls are going to be in -everything-, misrepresented as any drug under the sun, and as a rule, dangerously dosed because Fentanyls take more brain to dose than to obtain.

Having good connections and good testing will become more important than ever

I correctly predicted a real long time ago that eventually counterfeit pharms pressed with fent would be flooding the streets.

You guys, along with Leonard Pickard, correctly predicted the fentanyl epidemic.
What a tragedy.

I didn't know that R signified alkyl subs and X was for halogens... all this time I've been saying x to mean alkyl or halogen!
In that case, the 2C-R's are my fave. I'd love to try a DOR or DOX

Here's something that is not too hard to make and a gram of which is as potent as kilos of street heroin. That's bound to inevitably draw a crowd of underground chemists. A kilo of 3-methylfentanyl, which can be made in a shed, has as many doses as an opium producing country churns up in a year. Problem is, racemic 3-MF is 3200x as strong as morphine, so you're in essence cooking up a rather painless nerve gas, in terms of toxicity. 3-methylfentanyl is likely the one the market will settle on as its synthesis is uncomplicated and the drug effect and duration are most like heroin, enabling junkies to get some sleep, at all. (unlike fentanyl which gets you withdrawing in a couple ours after shooting)

Did Pickard foresee it too? It was only a matter of time.

Counterfeit pharms packed with fent.. Sign o the times... RIP Prince.

Never tried any of the DOx compounds; starting to regret spending so much of my money on K instead of building more of a collection back when I used to get stuff via that means. still got 100mgs of 2c-p is a sealed packet; still have yet to try that one. Heard it's allot like 2c-e which I love.

Been trying to treat the little bit of mxe I have left more like dmt rather than an opioid. Every so often will plug a little bit with some 2c-b or 4-aco-det.