Anavar

Treacle

Bluelighter
This is the one forum I didn't expect to find myself in, when I joined here, but here I am. I've been a gym-goer, on and off, for a good bit of my adult life. I never wanted to try steroids, but I was looking into them.

A guy I work with takes test and he looks good. Anyway, my mate said to look into anavar, which I did and now I'm halfway through a cycle and I've been boozing and drugging it, somewhat.

However my attitude is changing, and I can feel the drug doing its thing. I've just got a few questions. I understand, if you're taking steroids, you should be focused on sticking to a strict diet and no booze/drugs, etc. I'm not really that guy, though. I've stopped all stimulant use, whilst I'm on my cycle. I know high blood pressure is bad for your kidneys. I drink 3-4 nights a week. From the research I've done, it doesn't sound like it's hard on the liver. I had bloods done at the start of the year and a liver ultrasound, because I used to be a proper pisshead and everything was fine. GGT was raised, but that's normal for a drinker.

I took milk thistle for a long time, so maybe that helped me heal the damage I did. I'm going to start taking TUDCA, when I'm done with this weekend, I've also got krill oil and NAC.

So, my questions are these: can I take ketamine with it? Can I drink? If I do, what's likely to happen to LFTs and kidney results? I took 25mg for three weeks and now I'm on 50mg for three weeks.

I want to see how I feel after, before I decide whether it's worth it to repeat it. I'm not bothered about looking huge, I just want to add a bit more muscle and lose some more fat. I was a fat fuck, but now I'm more stocky and lean. If I repeat it, I'll be doing it with a much healthier outlook on the whole thing, because I realise you can't have it all ways. Or can you? Is my (much more moderate than usual) intake of other things likely to fuck me?

I know my attitude is wrong, but I thought this was the one place I could come and not be judged, so go easy, please!

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC
This is the one forum I didn't expect to find myself in, when I joined here, but here I am. I've been a gym-goer, on and off, for a good bit of my adult life. I never wanted to try steroids, but I was looking into them.

A guy I work with takes test and he looks good. Anyway, my mate said to look into anavar, which I did and now I'm halfway through a cycle and I've been boozing and drugging it, somewhat.

However my attitude is changing, and I can feel the drug doing its thing. I've just got a few questions. I understand, if you're taking steroids, you should be focused on sticking to a strict diet and no booze/drugs, etc. I'm not really that guy, though. I've stopped all stimulant use, whilst I'm on my cycle. I know high blood pressure is bad for your kidneys. I drink 3-4 nights a week. From the research I've done, it doesn't sound like it's hard on the liver. I had bloods done at the start of the year and a liver ultrasound, because I used to be a proper pisshead and everything was fine. GGT was raised, but that's normal for a drinker.

I took milk thistle for a long time, so maybe that helped me heal the damage I did. I'm going to start taking TUDCA, when I'm done with this weekend, I've also got krill oil and NAC.

So, my questions are these: can I take ketamine with it? Can I drink? If I do, what's likely to happen to LFTs and kidney results? I took 25mg for three weeks and now I'm on 50mg for three weeks.

I want to see how I feel after, before I decide whether it's worth it to repeat it. I'm not bothered about looking huge, I just want to add a bit more muscle and lose some more fat. I was a fat fuck, but now I'm more stocky and lean. If I repeat it, I'll be doing it with a much healthier outlook on the whole thing, because I realise you can't have it all ways. Or can you? Is my (much more moderate than usual) intake of other things likely to fuck me?

I know my attitude is wrong, but I thought this was the one place I could come and not be judged, so go easy, please!

No offence meant mate but if your boozing and taking orals it really is not good. Anavar is aboyut the safest oral and even then it's still very harsh on the liver.

I think the fact you've admittedly not even got a diet that's properly dialed in and talking about taking ketamine, just stop the anavar altogether.

This is a beginners mistake, in thinking you are making gains. When i would be willing to bet the second you drop the anavar you're back to square one.

Essentially you will make more progress and be much safer to just cease using the anavar altogether and run a properly structured diet along side your workout programme.

Last edited:

Ok, so it sounds like you clearly already know about having a good, high protein, high nutritional-value diet to make the most of your anabolics, and avoiding alcohol given liver harms and so on. So I won't preach that to you.

To answer your specific questions, if you're otherwise healthy with no particular pre-existing conditions of relevance, then yes, you can take it with Ket as per usual. You can also drink alcohol, but at the very least make sure you also drink plenty of clean fluids (non-alcoholic, no excessive caffeine), so your kidneys aren't suffering too much concentrated harm in one go.

The NAC (taken at a dose of - say - 1g - twice or thrice a day) is a good bet - take it with glycine in roughly equal ratios to get the biggest boost of glutathione (the key thing you're trying to enhance levels of, and whose creation is rate-limited by glycine deficiency). This will, generally, take the strain away from the body's other antioxidant mechanisms and increase resilience to harmful things more broadly everywhere, not just in the liver (so, kidneys too).

As long as you're not planning to take the anavar for too long, and can contain your recreational drug/alcohol use, you've no reason to suspect more terrible bloodwork or anything else than usual.

All the best!

No one? Bluelight really has died.

Ah, well, everyone else buggered off to social media, reddit, or had kids etc ;) I'm sometimes away for long stretches, but Genetic Freak and serotonin and a few others who pop in from time to time also know their thing, they probably just weren't around when you asked. Anyway, hope your cycle is going well. Now you know how much fun it can be and how good it can feel, hopefully you'll feel increasingly more like lifting, what with all the health and mental benefits it brings (even with AAS).

i dunno anavar but it their steroids they can fuck up your kidneys and not only that but you'll become a blob.

like elders or whoever had plastic surgery botox where skin launches an attack to itself and basically like a napkin when mets water.

So if you ever start steroids all your life is gym. You integrate that almost daily or every week for 2 days no breath checks. Sylvester Stallone said that steroids is Barbie of gym world, in an interview somewhere.

I am not sort of massive muscle but I have home workout from wrist to belly, from biceps to foot and after 4 months I see my line of progress.

what I able to create is sort of protection sphere.

1hr before workout I eat about 7 slices of honey then at end 1 after. That's about 600kcal, after because of blood raise a bit I drink mineral water not tap water! Therefore my blood after two glasses become normal.

Probably not a deja-vu because I am asertive to sweets and my diet is meat and big ass healthy sandwiches, not much fan of vegetables but cabbage onion.. tomatos margarine bc is rich in Omega and others unlike butter which is fat purely non-nutritive fat from my eyes at 40yrs.

I appreciate the replies. I've cut my drinking down, and despite my weight going up, I'm able to see noticeable definition and muscle gain. I'm due to finish my cycle this weekend. I won't be doing another until I can commit fully to diet and exercise. This was more of an experiment into how the anavar affects me, and I've honestly had zero side-effects, other than a couple of spots. I'm massively impressed, but feel absolutely no drive to try anything stronger. I believe I can achieve what I want with discipline. I'll report back with blood test results! Thank you, again.

what I able to create is sort of protection sphere.

1hr before workout I eat about 7 slices of honey then at end 1 after. That's about 600kcal, after because of blood raise a bit I drink mineral water not tap water! Therefore my blood after two glasses become normal.

Probably not a deja-vu because I am asertive to sweets and my diet is meat and big ass healthy sandwiches, not much fan of vegetables but cabbage onion.. tomatos margarine bc is rich in Omega and others unlike butter which is fat purely non-nutritive fat from my eyes at 40yrs.
So, your approach is to consume large amounts of glucose before a workout? I can't say I've heard this and I'm not really sure how it would help. If you could explain more what this does for you, that would be good. I've mainly cut out bread and other carbs from my diet, to maximize protein synthesis and fat loss.

So, your approach is to consume large amounts of glucose before a workout? I can't say I've heard this and I'm not really sure how it would help. If you could explain more what this does for you, that would be good. I've mainly cut out bread and other carbs from my diet, to maximize protein synthesis and fat loss.

I use white bread non-seeds. 7 are basically converted to 4 and 2 in real time because is natural sugar unlike processed factory. So I take a 2 slice on both slap them together and buf you have anabolic gate to some extra sleep access you'd have.

because is sugar naturally you cannot build muscle without losing some instant calories therefore honey makes is appearance and along other in stomach you will avoid some strange oclussions such as muscle fever or all of sudden tissue pain ( when you bend ur arm, beneath elbow ) you can observe a sting then a marine knot of a pain that is very popular among gym. For me since I started practicing acacia honey I never had muscle fever again but it took some time.

It was all a lost in time moment to say because I asked myself.. What's natural and boost your calories to be burned? Honey.

I also take a 2 week break from sweets because I already drink Pepsi and have coffee latte. ;) Is about timing.

The old school methodology of body building was to consume carbs post workout to complement protein synthesis.
Unfortunately in recent years carbohydrate consumption has been looked upon less favourably, with a greater emphasis on healthy fats for energy requirements, (keto) combined with intermittent fasting for its health and longevity benefits..

I also wanted to add that I won't be doing PCT. I don't want to add an extra drug or two with side-effects/liver toxicity. I'm guessing I'm not going to feel too off, when compared to withdrawals from amphetamines, etc. I can't say I'm too concerned, as my natural test levels should bounce back within a couple of weeks, right? My libido is already fairly low (presumably because I didn't use a test base, which I also have no interest in doing), but I don't mind, as I'm not getting any sex, at the moment. It's kind of a welcome relief, if I'm honest!

I also wanted to add that I won't be doing PCT. I don't want to add an extra drug or two with side-effects/liver toxicity. I'm guessing I'm not going to feel too off, when compared to withdrawals from amphetamines, etc. I can't say I'm too concerned, as my natural test levels should bounce back within a couple of weeks, right? My libido is already fairly low (presumably because I didn't use a test base, which I also have no interest in doing), but I don't mind, as I'm not getting any sex, at the moment. It's kind of a welcome relief, if I'm honest!

We don't promote PCT on here as we believe it is mostly unnecessary polypharmacy. In your case, anavar is much less harsh upon the hypothalamus pituitary gonadal axis than most, so not recommended...

Thank you. The amount of other forums that I've visited where people push test and PCT as mandatory options is crazy. It seems like a large percentage of steroid users are woefully misinformed and are just parroting back information that they've read. My plan is to use tongkat ali, as I used it before anavar and found I was waking up with proper morning wood and my libido was higher. Interesting supplement.

Thank you so much for your help and I'll report back with my experience. Needless to say, I don't think steroids are for me, because I don't have the discipline to behave myself. I would seriously debate TRT, when I'm older, because that just makes good sense.

Thank you. The amount of other forums that I've visited where people push test and PCT as mandatory options is crazy. It seems like a large percentage of steroid users are woefully misinformed and are just parroting back information that they've read. My plan is to use tongkat ali, as I used it before anavar and found I was waking up with proper morning wood and my libido was higher. Interesting supplement.

Thankyou so much for your help and I'll report back with my experience. Needless to say, I don't think steroids are for me, because I don't have the discipline to behave myself. I would seriously debate TRT, when I'm older, because that just makes good sense.

Back in the day when 3 months on 3 months off was popular, dealers had no income in your time of, I think you can work out the rest regards promoting PCT..

Living a healthy life and not having to rely on TRT when you are older might be a better option..

You're always better safety wise with test - I know injection is a bit off-putting but it's by far the safest side effects wise.

I've no real experience with anavar - I did try some - mightve been fake - I just got huge purple patches underneath both armpits so I stopped it straightaway. I've never noticed any problem stopping anavar but stopping testosterone would be a bodyblow as it's the only thing that fends off serious depression.

Personally I'd say steer clear of hepatoxic stuff while on orals. You're already taxing the liver. However your dosage is low and if booze/drugs are done infrequently, you'd probably be fine without major consequences.

Well, I had my last dose of Anavar on Thursday morning and have noticed nothing in the way of low mood, etc. I feel fine, infact. Very glad I didn't opt for PCT!

Well, I had my last dose of Anavar on Thursday morning and have noticed nothing in the way of low mood, etc. I feel fine, infact. Very glad I didn't opt for PCT!
It's overrated and usually people parroting info. It's just more (unnecessary) drugs in the body, and more money out of your wallet. Use that money for more gear lol

Anavar is a poor bulking PED. It's mostly used for cutting. You will still gain on it but slowly and it will be lean mass. If your goal is bulk it won't work.

Being an oral, it's not great for the liver. Small to moderate doses for 8 weeks won't have a significant impact on your health if you're baseline healthy. It lowers your HDL and raises your LDL, which is not heart healthy long term. You can counter this a bit by taking fish oil. Almost all people who take var have elevated liver enzymes by the end of the cycle (ALT, AST) but this goes away as soon as you stop. The liver is pretty resilient that way.

If you're not on TRT, taking Anavar is a waste of time IMO because you are going to shut down your T production and the net effect is you will lose muscle mass.

Adding alcohol and recreational drugs to the mix will only tax the liver and kidneys further.

I don't know why you're bothering, honestly.