Anavar for Older Male

Athlon70

Greenlighter
Hi,

50 year old male.

Been training 5 days per week for 35 years.
Just had a Shoulder reconstruction and want to get back to where i was. I am not far from it.

Anyway did a Anavar only course ( first course in 30 years), just testing the waters ie: 10mg per day, then 20, 30 and finally 40mg for 2 weeks. The 40 it really started to work, but i ran out.

Had my bloods done about 6 weeks after finishing and my Test level is the same it was 5 years ago. Cholesterol had improved a heap (not related). Anyway, this other Forum said i am stupid for doing Anavar only and for not taking a PCT and Test etc, it seems they are just trying to sell me PCT products etc.

Anavar only gives me what i am after. Is that wrong?

I didn't feel as if i lost a huge amount of strength when i came off it, i still felt good. You could see i lost some condition. With my Test levels being same as 5 years ago after 6 weeks, did i need a PCT? Or would it have helped me keep the strength and condition?

If i do need a PCT what should i get?

Thanks all.

No pct is needed. The body recovers on its own. How long was the entire run? If it was relatively short you most likely weren't completely shutdown which would explain your recovery

No pct is needed. The body recovers on its own. How long was the entire run? If it was relatively short you most likely weren't completely shutdown which would explain your recovery

Course was 20mg per day for 3 weeks then 40mg per day for 2 weeks.

Course was 20mg per day for 3 weeks then 40mg per day for 2 weeks.

Anavar was an old school compound when I first started back in the late 70's early 80's, we were a little more conservative back then starting at 5mg, increasing 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 25mg, 20mg, 15mg, 10mg, 5mg off..
Worked well without apparent side effects, dose might seem low by today's standards, but it did us just fine..

Yeah i first took in the early 80's. The tabs were 2.5mg from the Doctor. I never knew anyone who took more than 1 tab per day.
Anavar was an old school compound when I first started back in the late 70's early 80's, we were a little more conservative back then starting at 5mg, increasing 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 25mg, 20mg, 15mg, 10mg, 5mg off..
Worked well without apparent side effects, dose might seem low by today's standards, but it did us just fine..