View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

An unsuspected experience

Randomperson0

Greenlighter
A friend of mine had an experience that I'd like to share, this story is from their perspective:

I had tried DXM a few times before,maybe 5. Each was spread out with several month long gaps in between. For the most part I kept the same dosage, this time I used a familiar 600mg in the form of two bottles of Walgreens tussin gels. I prefer the gels because they are easier on the stomach.

In the past the highs had always been very fun, but very sloppy and lacking direction. I often found myself bored throughout the high looking for youtube videos. This high started out the same way. The first thing different about this high is that I was smoking some weed with it. I'd smoked plenty before, but never while robotripping. The second change is I drank two cups of coffee. I figured best case scenario, it would help the gel caps melt better, worst case, I like coffee anyway so I get to enjoy a cup. I'm not sure what's relevant so I'm mentioning everything. The final change is that I went in tired. I was slightly tired before dosing and felt like It might help the high ifI was drowsy.

The first part of the high was what was to be expected, more looking at youtube videos and being happy, but not really amazed. I was also very aware of my body and aching stomach in particular. Definitely not disassociated at all.

The real experience started shortly after I had began vomiting. Before the vomit, my state of mind had been sloppy. I was experiencing a great buzz, but I couldn't focus and was very aware of who and where I was. I think the stomach pain may have been keeping me grounded. Anyway, I stumbled to the bathroom in a haze and began vomiting. At a certain point, my vision cleared and I realized that I was ridding myself of the pill casings and other toxins. There was no reason not to vomit, so I continued. I made sure my stomach emptied, almost mechanically. I cleaned up,used mouthwash, in other words performed completely coherent actions. In the same manner, I instantly knew what media to partake in next. I was so disassociated it was more like I was playing the Sims than being a real person, just trying to fill the needs bar before my experience began.

I had heard somewhere that Sigur Roswas really good for a high like this. From the name, I had thoughtthey were a Norwegian metal band. I sampled one song sober, but itwas from the Kveikur album, which I found too gritty and Tool-likefor my tastes. Luckily when the idea of Sigur Ros popped into myhead during this high, I opted for Olsen Olsen and then let youtuberecommendations take me. For a while, I strayed from Sigur Ros, butonce I realized that had happened (not until after 4 or 5 songs) Ireturned to Sigur Ros only.

The reason I mention the band so much is because they really provided shape to the high. It's no real complex spiritual reason for this band. Most bands have music with uplifting and depressing segments. The Sigur Ros songs I listened to happened to only have uplifting parts. The combination of major chords and ethereal vocals took control of my mood and lifted it higher. Sigur Ros is not lacking for a discography so I listened to them for quite a while, my mood getting higher all the while. It was simply joy with a major artificial enhancer. All of my needs were washed away, I was no longer in my body. I was just floating and being carried by the music. My joy rose to levels that I did not know existed. The song that I peaked with was Staralfur. I didn't know what it was at the time, but I found it after the trip.

In the bible, the apostles talked about weeping for Jesus and I never understood. I am not religious, but Ido think Jesus was an inspiring man and seeing his hardship must have been unbearable for the apostles. Sigur Ros caused me to weep as they did with a mix of pure beauty and a tinge of sadness.

The importance here is that the benefit from this high was not one that promotes addiction. In fact, the beauty I witnessed was so intense that I would not consider using dxm again for several months. It is not because of any bad reason,that's just how often I feel it could be beneficial. Instead of becoming addicted, I now have access to a new emotion. Weeping from beauty is something I had never done in my life and now I know whatit feels like. This increases my understanding of human emotion and hopefully will make me a more empathetic person. This is what drugs look like used for good.

Like I said earlier, the reason I wrote so much is that I don't know what was important. I want to help people replicate my experience. I don't understand why people take disassociatives every day, I feel like if other have this experience,they will realize that you only need it very rarely to gain it's effects. I don't know what plateau I reached, but I'm happy with whatever it was.

Last edited: