• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

An idea for ecstasydata.org pill testing...

avcpl

Bluelighter
I have an idea of how ecstasydata.org might improve it's service, let me know what you think.

Right now you send in the co-pay with the pill and wait for it to show up on the site tested. While I haven't heard of any problems it's a little bit of a gamble that they are going to receive it and test it. Also, you don't know if someone else is sending in the exact same pill!

Here's my proposal:

1. Send in the pill/substance with the description, location, etc. as normal but without the money.

2. When edata receives it they will post a picture and the description in a "pills received" section.

3. The pill will be given an ID number

4. The amount needed for testing will be shown (right now $40 for a pill).

5. The sender will then make a payment for that amount via paypal or mail in with the pill ID number as the reference.

AND/OR --and this is the good part--

Anyone else with an interest in this pill can also make a contribution towards the testing amount via paypal or mail in and the pill ID number.

6. When the total is reached the pill will be tested and results posted.

Right now it's still kind of expensive for some kiddos to afford the cost of the pill, the postage, and lab testing. But there may be many people in that region who would like to also know about that pill. Or there could be pills that are on pill reports that controversial--conflicting eztest results, trip reports, etc. that lurkers such as myself, would be glad to throw a few dollars into the pot just to see a resolution.

The big con would be it would be much more work for the edata people. But I think it would GREATLY increase the cashflow to the site to where they could adjust the cost of testing to make up for hiring extra staff or do some web programming to make it work. Or popular pills may go over the amount needed in into the general fund.

Thoughts?

It's a good idea, but the pill is sent directly to the lab, and MUST include the money or they will throw it away without hesitation. I don't think the people that run eData would want a controlled substance mailed to them to hold till someone came up with the money, either. :(

I'd rather just take the chance and send in the pill and $$ at the same time. The sooner I can see test results, the happier I am. It's worth the risk of losing a single pill and $40.

Considering the amount of reports made on pillreports (USA section) I would have thought there would be alot more reports made on edata. It seems that not many people use the service.

It's a good idea, but the pill is sent directly to the lab, and MUST include the money or they will throw it away without hesitation. I don't think the people that run eData would want a controlled substance mailed to them to hold till someone came up with the money, either. :(

I want to go work for edata so I can 'throw away' good pills that don't have money sent with them :p

haha i would never get the job, but it's a funny thought 'throwing out' a poke :D

I want to go work for edata so I can 'throw away' good pills that don't have money sent with them :p

haha i would never get the job, but it's a funny thought 'throwing out' a poke :D

The people who run the ecstasydata program (erowid people) never actually touch the pills, they simply get the data & photo sent to them from the testing lab.

This is a good idea in theory, but it simply can't work.

whatsgood; said:
I bet the people at e-data have great parties. =D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:| they take their job seriously, and would never even think to do that. I understand you were joking but the people at edata are there to help, not have jokes made about them.

OP thats a good idea but the problem is that pills are different as time goes on. Yes there are presses that are VERY consistent in quality. But then you also have the people who try to duplicate a good press and do a shit job cuz they just want the money. There are numerous good presses that have been copied by amateur pressers tha are just looking to make a quick buck.
It's a great idea on paper, but you have to take the "shit head factor" into account.
Ya dig?