Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

aMT - First Time - High Dose - Retrospective

Phobos

Bluelighter
**WARNING: The dose described in this report is extremely high and potentially life-threatening. Do not attempt a dosage such as this unless you have substantial tolerance to serotonin releasers and work your way up slowly!**

Me: 32yo Male 158lbs/72kg
C: 22yo Female 100lbs/40kg
Previous experiences (both): MDMA, LSD, Ketamine, DOM, DOB, 25i NBOMe, 25c NBOMe, Cannabis

T+00:00: Me and C swallow respectively 1 and 0.8 cl of solution, which should equal to 40 and 32 mg. Taste is bad but in no way should make you puke, way less horrible and intense than MDMA and Ketamine. (note: 1 other person tested it and he said taste was worse then those two drugs, to the point of refusing a free bump when high on MD and Ket just for that reason.)

T+ 00:20: some initial feelings of warmth from the belly, mild but typical of coming up.

T+ 00:50: We dance a bit to frenchcore and hardcore, blood pumping effects come up a bit more

t+ 01:42: the feeling of coming up is still there, slightly increasing. C feels the coming up a bit stronger than me, prolly the dose is stronger for her weight. We smoke a bowl of low quality pot each, they feel a bit lighter than usual, like when high on MD. We decide to go out for a short walk.

T+02:08: We're back, outside I feel like I was a bit warmer than usual, temp was 5C with strong wind bursts (45kmh) I was fine with a cotton shirt and hoodie and a antiwind jacket. Inside the house the warmth seems more pleasurable than normal.
Anyway we decided to redose as it seems we're not really high.

T+02:20: We redose about 45mg for C and 55-60 for me. We play some Psy Trance with visualization plug-ins.

T+03:00: we watch an episode of the Boondocks, I feel rather clear headed, although i notice there is a definite and constant mood lift, my mind feels very light compared to usual, but kinda free and focused. Feeling kind of a trippy feeling too.

T+03:20: a bit of a "warm stomach contraction", not that much uncomfortable. I also feel something weird visually and mentally but can't pinpoint it yet. (a couple of weeks and a few experiments after this, I think it was the warm glow it gives to everything, colours in the orange/golden yellow range seem boosted.

T+03:40: I finish (drink) the syringe of dissolved aMT, prolly another 20-30mg. We insufflate a line each, about 40mg for me 30mg for C. I don't feel the taste, just a strange smell, certainly not good but not disgusting in the sense it will make you puke. Powder is so fine it gets down to my throat while snorting, C feels it so much in the throat she coughs halfway through the line (but manages to not waste any), pauses a few secs then finishes with the other nostril. She coughs a bit but just a single cough here and there, it's not convulsive and does not burn, just a bit of itch, she says.
Drips start almost instantly for her, it's been a few mins but I don't get them... Feels like my nose was uniformly coated. She says drips taste really bad, but no urge to vomit.

T+04:35: We are preparing to do bong hits, but given the low quality of the pot C feels she'll just smoke a joint or she might puke: mild nausea is coming from the aMT, but it's common for her to puke after a big (2/3 of a ciggie in a single bong hit if she not 100% ok and we don't really like smoking small bowls.
We also weigh two lines, 80mg for me and 40mg for C. The effects are nice but we feel we went way too safe till now (well you can never be TOO safe especially the first time but you know what I mean).

T+05:00: Empathy starts growing to something very similar to the MD "I love everybody ad everybody loves me" but with an added strong trippy feeling. It's not like a MDMA roll, more blissful than in-your-face-euphoric. We talk a lot with my brother, trying to resolve various issues in our relationship. He's not high but it's still possible to interact with him (note he's experienced with several substances, although not with aMT).
Feelings of empathy are strong.

T+06:00: I do another 40mg line, C does 30mg (insufflated). We go out for a walk with C and her BF which also happens to be my brother. we stay out with him for about half an hour still talking to him, then we walk him home and go for a longer walk, where we talk a lot and we are able to express ourselves in a much more articulate manner compared to MDMA (train of thought is easier to follow). We describe what we thought about each other in the first days of our friendship, and how it evolved into the incredibly deep friendship we share now. We admit to each other things we probably would normally be very ashamed of saying if not high, but we would've wanted to say even when sober (no day after regrets). We also talk a lot about the aMT effect and we concur that it might be even be a better chemical than MDMA for some settings or purposes, since it lets you retain MUCH more presence of mind and control over what's happening and what's being said compared to MD, but it's also a really strong effect, with some kind of a feeling I associate with light, pre hallucination LSD doses but more intense.
We stay out for about an hour or two (notice things get foggy a bit after the last line, in a typical serotoninergic stimulant fashion it fucks up the chronological order of things a bit), during which we are comfortable (not cold) walking around in the heavy rain, 5C temps and over 40km/h wind, no umbrellas. Our jackets are light. Our pants shoes and socks are basically completely soaked.
Mydryasys sets in when we are coming back home, not like LSD or MDMA, but still a lot of dilatation.

From here on things get foggy and I'm really high kind of a subtler MDMA, more blissful than hyper euphoric, and trippy too...
We listen to music and chat, we feel all around great. Looking at Winamp plug-ins is very interesting, especially when colours are warm in the orange golden yellow range I mentioned before. This goes on till the morning. I think 8-9AM.

T+12:30: trippy and ecstatic feelings go down, I think I'm coming down so I prepare a few bong hits with sober friends. Oh boy was I wrong, one hit and I'm back on the roll in 2 minutes.
Two more hits and I'm higher than before.
Meanwhile C goes to bed without smoking, she is not sure she will sleep but wants to rest.

T+15:30: Still home with friends, visuals start, I'm seeing things and I got a lot of HD vision... the sky is dark with clouds but red brick roofs reflect light so strongly that I see them white like they are covered in snow.
Matter of fact a few seconds later I try again and I see the roofs covered in snow "for real".
Looking outside fells like being Riddick (a fictionary character with an incredible sensitivity to light that is forced to use heavy shades during daytime), and that (the whiteout) often causes hallucinations.
Hallucinations do not cause anxiety or fear or alarm, and most of them I'm aware they are hallucinations cause I can easily remember what the thing I'm looking at looked like before, and they don't last very long, less than 15 secs for sure with most closer to the 5 sec mark.
Probably this isn't the best setting for this stage of the trip, I feel in a great, positive and calm mood and chatting is nice, but maybe dancing or going around in the woods (or in any visually inspiring setting) would be better. I didn't think of that at the moment though, it wasn't one of those "but I REALLY REALLY WANT to do that" thoughts.

Overall I feel very good, but still stimulated and hallucinated and I'd like to come down and sleep not because anything is unpleasant but because I know it's not healthy for me to deprive my body of sleep... But I can't sleep because of the stimulation and wouldn't do it for fear of crazy nightmares if I could (this is just a safety precaution as this is a new substance for me, I don't feel like it would happen). The wait for the comedowns is patient anyway, but I'm probably a person that can override anxiety and fearful thoughts and reactions more than others so that might not hold true for everyone, this should just be a warning that this stuff WILL keep you awake if you want an intense trip.

T+21:00: HD vision and hallucination start to come down. Still slightly stimulated and blissful, can't sleep. C comes out of her room said she didn't get any sleep but she could rest as there was no tension in the muscles or no uncomfortable feelings.

T+21:45: visuals are gone

T+24:00: Less stimulation and normal mood (more elevated than normal for me, but normal for most), almost baseline at all levels.

T+27:00: Feel like completely normal, finally I smoke 3 big bowls of hashish in a row and I go to sleep (nothing weird here for me, it's not the aMT), which is very good and restoring, more than normal.

Next day: I'm ok and start with a positive mood. No physical tiredness, no weird/irregular heartbeat like after an MDMA binge.
No depressed "down" or edgy feelings or urge to redose in the near future, this was just a test, in 3 days it's sat and I'm going to attend a Frenchcore/Hardtek evening at a local club and I'll be doing it again, but I decide I will take less in total but concentrated in two doses, nasal only for the quicker onset, but very early (between 7-9 PM) so I peak shortly after I enter in the Club and the effects should last a bit less.
I notice that during the experience I did not feel any hunger at all and in fact did not even think about food.
I did manage to drink enough.

Retrospective: after a few more experiences I'd say aMT is a psychedelic that I like very much, you don't need much to get high so it's easy to keep on you inside a club, it lasts long so no redosing needed, it lets you think and talk with ease about difficult things, but you do not loose control; but you do definitely want to do fun things and they seem a good idea, you just retain the ability to not hurt or make a fool of yourself, which is nice.
It's good in a club, as it is for a little pick me up in the morning (less than 10mg insufflated) that will lift your mood all day long without any psychedelic effects: after all it was sold as an antidepressant in the USSR in the '60s, in the form of 5mg and 10mg pills.
Given the fact that its effect can be felt and noticed even in small amounts, it's possible (even likely) that some people will use it every day as a self therapy, I'm noticing that if I feel I'm having a bad day I think of that bag in my room, and I can use it almost every day for a few days in a row. I think that this use (self medication) has a potential for addiction much greater than it's psychedelic use, although at 5mg to 7mg per day there is no quick build up of tolerance.
This should not sound as too big of a warning as really you don't get fiendish with this substance and I have a really positive opinion of it.
It's also great combined with MDMA, it seems to enhance it a bit but in a good way, but also sometimes to block or at least cover its effects as one time me and C took aMT first and a few hours later some MDMA for a stronger peak effect, and all was good but the next morning, say at 10AM we did a line each of crystal MDMA, about 180mg for me and 120mg for her, while still high on aMT and we literally did not feel nothing at all not even increased mydriasis or heart rate.
But in the end, I think the best setting for aMT alone is a walk in the nature with few trusted people trying to catch as little full exposure to the sun as possible if you get a high dose, or be ready to need shades even on a cloudy day.

To be noted that the total dosage was about 270mg for me and 180mg for C, this is a very high dose for aMT and it is not to be considered safe.
It is likely that existing tolerance to MDMA caused us to require such a high dose.
Also dosing over the course of 6 hours diminished the effects compared to a bigger starter dose.
Further experimenting saw me taking 100mg oral and 50mg insufflated at T+01:30 for best results, Please note that this is still a high dose for most, I've seen a guy that was using MDMA weekly still have mydriasis and clenched jaw 16 hours after of a single 50mg dose.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_amt
substancecode_empathogens
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral
roacode_nasal

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit that's a really high dose! 8o Succinate salt? I've never done that much. Also never gotten visuals from AMT, but I do absolutely love AMT, it's one of my favorite drugs. I usually take about 80mg of the succinate salt, or 55mg of the freebase, orally, and that's it. It feels pretty heavy, too, it doesn't have a comedown or crash like MDMA but my body and mind feel it. I don't know that I'd survive 270mg, that's insane to me. Glad you're okay.

In fact I decided to put a warning up there in case someone is looking for AMT dosages and doesn't read the whole report.

AMT is a triple releaser and an MAOI. While it is a great drug, it's more dangerous than many. AMT caused a variety of deaths (mostly from very high dosing and/or combining with MDMA - you should NEVER combine it with MDMA, by the way, most of the deaths were from that) which is why it was made schedule 1 back in 2001.

Holy shit that's a really high dose! 8o Succinate salt? I've never done that much. Also never gotten visuals from AMT, but I do absolutely love AMT, it's one of my favorite drugs. I usually take about 80mg of the succinate salt, or 55mg of the freebase, orally, and that's it. It feels pretty heavy, too, it doesn't have a comedown or crash like MDMA but my body and mind feel it. I don't know that I'd survive 270mg, that's insane to me. Glad you're okay.

In fact I decided to put a warning up there in case someone is looking for AMT dosages and doesn't read the whole report.

AMT is a triple releaser and an MAOI. While it is a great drug, it's more dangerous than many. AMT caused a variety of deaths (mostly from very high dosing and/or combining with MDMA - you should NEVER combine it with MDMA, by the way, most of the deaths were from that) which is why it was made schedule 1 back in 2001.

Disclaimer - don't do what I do do what say - do not mix MDMA and aMT - YOU COULD DIE

I mixed it with MDMA and multiple other drugs many many times.
I think one of the most notable experiences I took 150mg aMT, dropped 3x250 mg MDMA , took a couple of mg of 25i NBOMe, plus some MXE on the tail end once or twice, plus numerous synth noids throughout the high.
I recall snorting with a straw from the bag of aMT in front of the speaker in the club that night, dosage unknown ofcourse.
It was enough to send 2 or 3 people to the hospital.
Regarding purity concerns, my first time, this report, it was freebase, later on I also had the HCL which kicks in significantly faster, oral peak with freebase would be 150 minutes and with the HCl 90 IME.
The police analysed it once, reported 98% or above purity, and the way they worded the fact that it was at the time unscheduled transpired sadness.

In particular, the combo with 25i NBOMe was epic and guaranteed a solid 10 hours of +++ that would become +++/++++ with enough MXE.
Even without the MXE, it would be similar to the peak of dropping 400mg MagicDMA (with no tolerance) for rush and euphoria with way more visuals, and being more than double in duration.

Regarding my 270mg, look at the fact that my female trip buddy took 180mg weighing 100lbs.

Jesus man, I'm glad you're not dead. There have been numerous deaths on lower doses of AMT + MDMA than that. Also many of the NBOMe deaths were from mixing it with serotonin releasers (mainly MDMA, but these days AMT is rare).

Holy god you did 270mg of freebase? And you snorted some of it? I snorted the freebase a few times and it BURNED LIKE FUCKING HELL FOR 30 MINUTES, it was so bad, worst thing I've ever snorted, worse than 2C-Xs. You were mentioning no burn? Seems really strange to me, I snorted AMT freebase from way, way back in the day when good freebase was everywhere and it burned every time. I did it despite the horrible corrosive pain that made my entire face hurt because of the faster onset... which is actually how I first got into plugging drugs, to avoid the burn from nasal AMT.

Also AMT freebase smells SO bad, like a mutated DMT that smells like shit mixed with chemical fertilizer. And it tastes as bad, and I'm the kind of guy who puts all RCs (except AMT and a few others) right on my tongue and lets myself taste them and isn't bothered.

Jesus man, I'm glad you're not dead. There have been numerous deaths on lower doses of AMT + MDMA than that. Also many of the NBOMe deaths were from mixing it with serotonin releasers (mainly MDMA, but these days AMT is rare).

Holy god you did 270mg of freebase? And you snorted some of it? I snorted the freebase a few times and it BURNED LIKE FUCKING HELL FOR 30 MINUTES, it was so bad, worst thing I've ever snorted, worse than 2C-Xs. You were mentioning no burn? Seems really strange to me, I snorted AMT freebase from way, way back in the day when good freebase was everywhere and it burned every time. I did it despite the horrible corrosive pain that made my entire face hurt because of the faster onset... which is actually how I first got into plugging drugs, to avoid the burn from nasal AMT.

Also AMT freebase smells SO bad, like a mutated DMT that smells like shit mixed with chemical fertilizer. And it tastes as bad, and I'm the kind of guy who puts all RCs (except AMT and a few others) right on my tongue and lets myself taste them and isn't bothered.

It was painful in the nose, I will admit that, and yes for 30 mins.
I do have a high pain threshold somehow, although I did not enjoy the feeling.
A buddy of mine that has very clear skin would get a red rash on the side of the nose that extended through half his eyelid and under the eye as well for 20 minutes whenever he snorted more than 50mg.
In general I would prefer to plug the freebase if I had that but since it lasts a couple of hours more but is less rushy I would get the HCl whenever possible.
Even with less actual drug ingested, apart from duration the effects where as intense with the same dose of this two forms of aMT.
I confirm that opening a half gram bag freebase for 10 seconds will make the whole room smell like the inside of a burnt thrash bin that also had an old tire inside, and people actually walked out almost gagging when I did so.
It is by far the smelliest substance I ever encountered.

good lord...thanks for getting a couple of data points hinting at a wide therapeutic index. . .