• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AMT: does it go off? difference between rectal and smoked dosage.

StretchOutAndWait

Bluelighter
Apologies for the simplicity of this question. It's been a while.

I've had some amt lying around for at least 18 months, probably more like two years. It's been kept in a baggy in a box in a cool, dark place. The box also contains silica gel. Does anyone know if this is likely to be ok to take? I vaguely recall that tryptamines go off fairly quickly. What would happen if it were off?

Also, the only reason I use Amt these days is to take a low dose the day after an mdma night. In the past this has been smoking about 20mg in a crack pipe - just perfect way to get rid of the subsequent aches and pains without starting another bender.

I am, however, done with smoking amt - last time it made me feel like I'd two iron lungs.

Happy to plug it but wasn't sure the equivalent dose that would simply restore a feeling of normality rather than getting me high (so I can go to some comic book convention with my girlfriend's brother who knows nothing of drug use this afternoon). Was thinking 10 mg but possibly just pulled that figure out of my arse (no pun intended)

Any advice gratefully received.

Yeah 10mgs sounds about right. Just know that the effects of rectal administration vs vaped are quite different, not that it would matter at small doses like 10mgs but in general vaped aMT is more speedy, less euphoric, and less visual than rectal aMT... for me at least. I would reccomend dosing a full aMT dose via rectal admin to see how much more "magical" rectal is over vaped.

Never tried AMT and probably never will get the chance, but I was wondering if it interacts badly with SSRIs like Prozac.

For some reason I thought I remembered someone saying it did, but since it's a tryptamine I can't see why as I thought I'd heard typtamines don't interact badly with SSRIs.

Well a lot of tryptamines are psychedelics that work via agonism of serotonin receptors, in those cases SSRI's are not really dangerous. But there are also other tryptamines like 5-MeO-tryptamines and AMT that act as reuptake inhibitors besides being psychedelic.
The ones that are serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SRI's) are not safe to use with SSRI's. AMT is not safe that way either.

Regarding rectal dosage: people report that rectal dosage is not really very different from oral dosage (which is unusual, usually needed rectal dosages are lower and more effective), but smoking may be different still. And qualitatively as well.
So that is where you might get discrepancies.

Yeah the dose for rectal is the same as oral, maybe like 10-15% more potent but even that's pushing it. I have lots of experience with aMT so I've done plenty of experimentation with the drug. Vaped doses are about 30-40% lower IME but the whole demeanor of the trip is completely different than oral or rectal experiences. It feels more like "psychedelic speed" when vaped and.the euphoria.and psychedelia is drastically reduced.