• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amputee With Veterans Affair looking for info ON DIAZPAM AND XANAX

josephkay

Greenlighter
Hello,

My names joe. i live in Arizona north of Phoenix. If there is anyone out there willing to sit down and talk to me about he benefits of using Xanax or Diazapam to help treat the cramps i get from my ampuation I would much appreciate it. The VA thus far has not done anything for me and MAYBE someone can HELP me come up with something to give them a different perspective.

Cheers,

Joe

Send me a private message with your questions if you'd like. I feel like we can probably give you some solid direction regarding these medications and others that might be of benefit. I, myself, am familiar with pain, as I've been through ~2 dozen invasive surgeries in my life, however, I'm not familiar with what it feels like to lose a limb or the complications that might arise from such a condition.

What exactly are your questions? What medications have you tried in the past for this condition? Could you describe as specifically as possible the symptoms that trouble you the most? I'm talking everything, pain, insomnia, anxiety etc. What are you going through exactly?

*ends up on street after battling heroin and/or benzo addiction* *last words: "I just wanted to get away from the pain maaaannnn"* sorry bro, but this sounds like something bad waiting to happen, be weary of benzo and opiate addiction, and stay safe. Don't end up like countless others who had good intentions at the beginning.

I don't think it'll help you man. Sorry Im not trying to be a buzz kill your going to be a amputee for life and the benefits of Xanax and valium on muscle relaxation might give you great relief for the first few weeks but rapidly fade.

Are you getting spasms due to reduced muscle exercise? Is so then you could get something called tens or transcutaneous nerve stimulation where you basically put two simple stickys on the affected muscle and slowly up the electrical stimulation till your muscle relaxes. I have used it just for the heck of it and it's actually pretty relaxing.

one of my closest friends whos 46 years old lost his leg above the knee amputee and I help him out all the time, he has pain from the prosthetic rubbing up on his thigh and lots of other issues. Message me privately id love to help

Diazepam can be used as a muscle relaxant, but you'd be better off to talk to your doc about a different med. Especially in the long term. Physical therapy is a must. It's gonna suck but you'll be really hating life if you don't.

The VA can be incredibly stingy with controlled substances. I know this from firsthand experience. You'd be better off to try to find a doc on the outside. The VA Choice program may be a good thing for you to look into.

From one veteran to another, wishing you well.