• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amphetamines - Some sort of tolerance which isn't normal tolerance

THEWALL93

Greenlighter
I've been using amphetamines for years, but I don't feel high or energetic anymore when I take it (same with MDMA or other drugs I've tried).
It ain't some kind of tolerance, because when I stop using amphetamines for months, I still don't "feel" anything.

I've tried all methods of taking it and in LARGE quantities, like 2-3 grams orally at ones.

I've stopped other medications in use (Haloperidol, Paroxetine, Sertraline, Oxazepam) for months. Did didn't made any difference.

The only thing I have is that is slightly get less tired, I say slightly. It's not even 1% of how it worked back in the days.

I'm desperate to find a solution for this strange form off tolerance. My doctor don't even believes my story.

You are my only hope my friend, please reply asap.

Only slightly less tired. That´s it? Not even increased side effects. That is atypical.

One would assume not only tolerance raise but also getting used to something all influence perception of drugs. I most certainly have with dextro-amphetamin back then vs. now. So I get less to none good effects by just dubbling the dose. But the side effects behave the opposite way.
Same goes for MDMA it started as a party drug. Evolved in a stay at home space drug. Now it just floors me just like all the other emphatogens that appeared. Acting almost as a euphoric stoning sedative. Aging or maybe just what is needed at that time as far as a brain needs drugs. But let's hope you get my drift.

Hard to tell, congratulations on quitting your meds theWall93. I am assuming free choice here.

Thank you for your reply

Only slightly less tired. That´s it? Not even increased side effects. That is atypical. One would assume not only tolerance raise but also getting used to something all influence perception of drugs. I most certainly have with dextro-amphetamin back then vs. now. So I get less to none good effects by just dubbling the dose. But the side effects behave the opposite way. Same goes for MDMA it started as a party drug. Evolved in a stay at home space drug. Now it just floors me just like all the other emphatogens that appeared. Acting almost as a euphoric stoning sedative. Aging or maybe just what is needed at that time as far as a brain needs drugs. But let's hope you get my drift. Hard to tell, congratulations on quitting your meds theWall93. I am assuming free choice here.

Thank you for your reply. Typed a long reply to you but my internet connection was interrupt and it got lost.

So quicky: Yes only less tired and maybe a little bit mood enhanced. I did not quit my medication, changed it lately to Sertraline (200mg) and Abilify (15mg) and sometimes some Tranxene (extreme high doses because it also is not working without it or/and combination with alcohol.

Wat to switch to Desoxyn, also because I have a new job and don't want to take amphetamines the whole day. But don't know where to buy it, maybe I have to go on the dark web with Tor.

Thanks and take care my friend. ;)

Mate, I'm not sure why you're prescribed haloperidol, but it would seem entirely counterproductive to want to use amps if you're taking it for any legitimate reason at all :\

How do you react to ephedrine or caffeine? How does it affect your energy levels?

I was on a bit of a 3 day binge but went to sleep after but then i did some more and I felt absolutely nothing. Ive gone on binges in the past but never had this problem before. I smoked and snorted and absolutley nothing just still very tired.

.Wat to switch to Desoxyn, also because I have a new job and don't want to take amphetamines the whole day

..............ummm you realize methamphetamine is an amphetamine, right....?

And I unfortunately have to agree with CFC's point, dude.....dead on. You should seriously consider what's been expressed here and reevaluate your priorities and decision making.....

-PA

This kinda happened to me too, but on a much lesser scale. I used to feel such a rush from adderall, I'd take 40 mg a day and feel great, didn't up the dose for 8 months. After 8 months, I went to 50 mg because of normal tolerance, and felt the same effects I have been getting the whole time (except like the first month which was stronger). I got off of it a few months later, long story, then got back on 30 mg 6 months After getting off. I felt the same physical effects as I should have, like increased heart rate and all, but it had such little effect on my energy and motivation. A week later, I went to 40 mg, then 50 mg the next week, then 60 mg the next week. I still wasn't getting the energy and motivation I needed. About a month and a half later, I got off it again, then got back on 50 mg 5 months After. It was more effective than when I was on it The second time, but still nothing like the first time. Over the months, the effects decreased as they would from normal tolerance, but when I started it it was still less than the first period of time I was on it. I don't know what it is, but my two guesses are that it either had some effect on my brain where it like wore out the part of my brain it stimulates, or it's dependent on my psychological state. I'm prescribed it (at the doses I mentioned) because of a severe lack of energy and motivation, to the point where when I was at my worst before I originally got on it I would lie in bed all day, my parents having to bring me food, would only ever get up to use the bathroom or smoke weed, and couldn't even use my phone for more than 30 minutes a day because it was too much effort. I was in a good psychological state the first stretch of time I was on adderall, a horrible one the second time, and a moderately bad one from when I last got on it until now. So those are my two guesses, I'm not sure if you have any of the same issues, but maybe that could be why. Sorry if this isn't much of an answer, I kinda got off track while writing, but maybe someone else can make something more of this and relate it to your situation.