• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

amphetamine withdraw questions

.:Metal_Kush:.

Greenlighter
.:SWIM has been dosing vyvanse for the last couple days for rec. SWIM is concerned about possible withdrawal symptoms in the near future, and after already looking through the blue light archives and finding conflicting information and nothing close enough to SWIM current situation, SWIM decided it would be a good idea to post some situation specific inquiry for blue light. more specifically the hopefully knowledgeably people of neuroscience and pharmacology. im just going to list some dosing information and other relevant shit from the last few days and state SWIM's concerns
These being SWIM's dosage reports reports of all drugs day by day, with 'Day 1' being the start.
:.
Day 1: 100 mgs of tramadol and 5 mg of ambien parachuted at around 9:00 pm US est.
Day 2: marijuana smoked for a few hours and then a 60 mg capsule of vyvanse around 7:00
Yesterday: 200 mgs of tramadol at 8:00 am and then 60 mg of vyvanse before a blunt around 6:00 pm
Today: 120 mg of vyvanse parachuted at around 9:30 am
:.
SWIM weighs around 125 lbs and usually doses pills on an empty stomach. SWIM would like to know if he were to take to 60 mgs of adderall instant release collectively though out the day tomorrow though insufflation and 20 mg parachutes at a time, what are SWIM's chances of experiencing w/d symptoms with no more uppers in the days after tomorrow and how severe would they be? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

How much have you slept? You don't really get "withdrawal" from stimulants like you would from opioids. Anyway, even if you haven't slept you're probably going to be fine and will just need some sleep to recover.

ive been managing about 4 or 5 hours a night with the help of benadryl. thats good to hear i didnt really know what to expect but since i started coming down today ive been dealing with weird itching, mild hallucinations , and headaches which are probably more because of the lack of sleep than anything else but this made me question how good of an idea more adderall is and if these things will get worse

If nothing is urgent that warrants the adderal right now, then call it a day.

There isn't nearly as much concern with an acute withdrawal symptom with stimulants compared to opioids like aced said, but if you dose amphetamines regularly you can feel depressed and unmotivated/unfocused rather than have stereotypical withdrawals.

My biggest piece of advice is treasure your sleep, I firmly believe that most damage from amphetamines really comes from not sleeping (assuming the doses aren't ridiculous).

i've read that taking magnesium supplement helps during withdrawal - can't find the ref, though