• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amphetamine tolerance reduction - specific questions stemming from my research

HeirCroc

Greenlighter
Hi All,

I've read extensively about amphetamine harm and tolerance reduction over the past month, including many, if not all, of the relevant bluelight threads (which are excellent, btw). I say this merely to inform any potential responders that I have already done my baseline research and probably a bit more. My questions are specific to my situation and I'm posting because I would feel much more comfortable with input from BL before I proceed to take any action.

Background

I take Adderall XR generic 20mg and 10mg IR therapeutically. I don't really chase the euphoria and rarely use the meds recreationally. Rather, I want to optimize my productivity in law school to facilitate reaching my academic/career goals. However, sometimes I take more than prescribed. For example, in the past month I've been extra busy because of job applications and finals/final papers. I've taken an extra 10-20mg a day on average. As a result of my increased dose, I've 1) experienced more negative side affects; and, naturally 2) raised my tolerance.

I've since changed my diet significantly and increased my water about 5x the previous intake. I've also created a basic "stack" that is based in harm/tolerance reduction: magnesium, a good multivitamin, ALCAR, zinc, vitamin D, and melatonin/vitamin C at night. I've rid myself of the illusion that less sleep is fine because I can just dose with my meds in the AM. I also potentiate with tums/baking soda often. I've seen positive effects already.

But what I need most is a break. Finals end tomorrow and I plan to take a break for as long as possible. I'd like to maximize my tolerance reduction during this period. In addition to the above measures, I was thinking about using DXM and ketamine while on break from stimulants. I've seen conflicting opinions on this site about the efficacy of both options.

How to proceed
My question is, should I pursue these measures, and if so, how? For example, should I take 30-50 ML of DXM a few times daily in addition to insufflating ketamine in small amounts a few times daily (I'm not interested in doing anything intravenous)? Or should I just pursue one of the options? If so, again, how exactly should I proceed? That is, if I ingest DXM/Ket, what is the proper amount, frequency (times a day/week), and for how long?

One more thing. I don't really want to go into a K hole or have a DXM trip, or whatever it is called. It seems a continuous antagonism of NDMA receptors would be preferable to bombing them once or twice anyway.

I'd appreciate any input. Thanks for your time.

DXM is a pretty crap NMDA antagonist at low doses, stick with the ketamine imo

Ime magnesium supplements also help to keep your amphetamine tolerance down, along with b vitamins

I am not nor have ever been a true Amphetamine addict, but I used them extensively throughout Secondary School and College. It was always on a sporadic basis. Occasionally I would use for a couple of days in a row, but I've never used stimulants in any form for more than a few days straight and I've never been through anything like the colossal binges that users of Methamphetamine seem to experience.

There's a lot of more theoretical information out there that may or may not be useful to you, but I've always found that the easiest and most straightforward way of personally moderating the duration/tolerance/potency etc of your Amphetamines centers around your urinary PH. A more basic or less acidic urinary PH prolongs the duration of the drug in question and can actually do so quite significantly. I understand the power of placebo, but I would venture to say that by making myself very basic, I've been able to get a solid 30% increase in duration of effects. I personally just use Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), but anything with the end result of making your urine less-acidic should do the trick.

This is just my two cents. There are a lot of BL'ers with a vastly greater knowledge of Amphetamines than myself.

I've also heard the baking soda thing, just a spoonful In a glass of water.

I tend to find it takes about 5+ grams to shift my urine pH significantly, but it would depend on a lot of factors.

Most of the time though I'm trying to get it out of my system faster by acidifying my urine (with Vit C).

^Right. What you've mentioned CFC is actually something I meant to touch on briefly. You can use your urinary PH modulation in a beneficial way both by prolonging the duration when needed and perhaps acidifying the urine when you desire to abbreviate the comde down phase.

All,

Thanks for the responses. But as you'll note, I'm already implementing your suggested strategies into my regiment. I take sodium bicarb in the AM (sometimes tums instead) and a vitamin C drink at night before I sleep to get it out of my system. I also take magnesium.

I'm more interested in what more I can do during my upcoming break from stimulants to maximize my tolerance reduction. Thus, potentiating the effects or trying to get the amphetamine out of my system quickly are not issues. I'm talking about taking NDMA antagonists. I mentioned DXM and Ketamine because those are the two options I've seen cited on this forum the most. Does anyone have any input in that regard?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Do you know how much/how often I should take it? And for how many days?

One more thing. Let's say I was willing to venture into higher doses of DXM. How much would I need to take and how many times to experience a non-negligible reduction in tolerance?

If you want to use an NMDA antagonist, I'd look for some memantine. It's supposedly perfect for reversing amphetamine tolerance. Should be easy to find, and cheaper than ketamine too