• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine Sulphate - Speed

Phobos

Bluelighter
I stopped taking speed daily after a couple months daily use, this was just 3 days ago.
Is extreme irritability a common symptom, between the usual tiredness, depression, lack of motivation etc.

IME yes it is. The imbalance/ lack of norepi & dopamine can def make one prickly to be around. I've always tried eating well and vitamins.

Some would probably suggest probiotics, fish oil, vitamin D, magnesium, ginkgo and ginseng as they are reported to increase dopamine, but a good diet and some time might work just as quickly seeing as the bounce back period isn't all that long.

Yep, irritability, mood swings, apathy, boredom are just some other side effects you will like work through.
These ones will take a bit longer than the tiredness to resolve.

Really? I used heavily every day for three months. I stopped and fell asleep (couldn't have stayed awake if I wanted to) slept for 36-48 hours and woke up normal. That was it. Guess I was lucky. I was also on methadone/alcohol/Xanax, though. Might have masked the withdrawal.

I stopped taking speed daily after a couple months daily use, this was just 3 days ago.
Is extreme irritability a common symptom, between the usual tiredness, depression, lack of motivation etc.
Yes, those are very common symptoms for amphetamine withdrawals. You took away a substance that increases dopamine release and has a dependence, irritability is expect when you take that away. They are a stimulant, which your body became used to, so without it your body hasn't yet compensated for the lack of energy, much like people who quit caffeine after drinking 2 pots of coffee a day for years. The trigger the release of dopamine, the feel good stuff and cause it to be depleted, so you are experiencing less dopamine release, hence the depression. The lack of motivation is due to all of the above.
Amphetamines have to handled cautiously due to how quickly both a physical and psychological dependence can be developed. I take them on occasion to help with school, but I try to limit the use to 2 days per week and when I use them for recreation (higher dose) I try to avoid using them again for a few weeks. I had older siblings that had run ins with amphetamines (crystal and Rx) so I got a little advantage on knowing about safely taking them.

Really? I used heavily every day for three months. I stopped and fell asleep (couldn't have stayed awake if I wanted to) slept for 36-48 hours and woke up normal. That was it. Guess I was lucky. I was also on methadone/alcohol/Xanax, though. Might have masked the withdrawal.

Benzos are a legitimate treatment for some withdrawals. I don't know if they help with amphetamine withdrawal but I'd definitely believe they would help.

Thanks for all the answers guys, I really appreciate it.
I was expecting some irritability but I would never have imagined the magnitude it was gonna reach, but luckily the 3rd day I went from "REALLY bad" to "close to normal".
It was extremely troubling for me as I always had inhuman levels of patience and it's very rare for me to feel any irritation at all even when I would have reason to.

Yes, those are very common symptoms for amphetamine withdrawals. You took away a substance that increases dopamine release and has a dependence, irritability is expect when you take that away. They are a stimulant, which your body became used to, so without it your body hasn't yet compensated for the lack of energy, much like people who quit caffeine after drinking 2 pots of coffee a day for years. The trigger the release of dopamine, the feel good stuff and cause it to be depleted, so you are experiencing less dopamine release, hence the depression. The lack of motivation is due to all of the above.
Amphetamines have to handled cautiously due to how quickly both a physical and psychological dependence can be developed. I take them on occasion to help with school, but I try to limit the use to 2 days per week and when I use them for recreation (higher dose) I try to avoid using them again for a few weeks. I had older siblings that had run ins with amphetamines (crystal and Rx) so I got a little advantage on knowing about safely taking them.

Benzos are a legitimate treatment for some withdrawals. I don't know if they help with amphetamine withdrawal but I'd definitely believe they would help.

I guess that the methadone/alcohol/xanax would really help with any boredom/anxiety/depression

yes, when I was a speed junkie, being hungover and depressed was a big part of my life :/