European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Amphetamine sting?

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
Has anybody ever had amphetamine with a nasty sting (intranasal)?

I've acquired some base which is the first I've had in a year or two, and it doesn't feel particularly like amphetamine.

I just sniffed some and it had quite the sting, but still tasted slightly of cat piss. Lush - "kind of like sniffing cat piss but it knacks"

It still seems fairly potent though. Has anybody ever bought amphetamine which was noticeably actually something else? This would be a first for me (to my knowledge). I might actually send it off for testing.

p.s - not a substance ID thread, I know the futility of people guessing. Just had a line though and fancied talking about it.

If it has a nasty sting, then there's a chance it actually has some amphetamine in it rather than glucose...

If it has a nasty sting, then there's a chance it actually has some amphetamine in it rather than glucose...

Haha yeah, I did actually consider that. Maybe it's just not, you know, sugar coated.

That sounds like proper Old-Skool, 1990s-style speed -- the sort that was doing the rounds before the really insanely strong stuff came around (and then went away). Maybe from a small-time producer, as opposed to the usual criminal gangs?

Send some off to Wedinos for analysis. No point arguing what's in some stash we haven't even seen or smelt, let alone done even the most elementary chemical tests on.

By the way, if it's really amphetamine freebase, snorting probably isn't the best RoA -- but even dealers don't seem to know for sure what they are selling anymore. (And why should they care, really, if people are paying for it?) I ended up walking away from speed when I got offered "base sulphate" .....

I've checked wedinos and I'm actually quite shocked at the amount of adulterants commonly found in amphetamine.

I think I probably will submit this to wedinos. It just doesn't feel like how it usually does. The sting itself actually had a hint of mephedrone flavour to it.

That sounds like proper Old-Skool, 1990s-style speed -- the sort that was doing the rounds before the really insanely strong stuff came around (and then went away). Maybe from a small-time producer, as opposed to the usual criminal gangs?

Send some off to Wedinos for analysis. No point arguing what's in some stash we haven't even seen or smelt, let alone done even the most elementary chemical tests on.

By the way, if it's really amphetamine freebase, snorting probably isn't the best RoA -- but even dealers don't seem to know for sure what they are selling anymore. (And why should they care, really, if people are paying for it?) I ended up walking away from speed when I got offered "base sulphate" .....

Aah, but "base' speed isn't actually freebase (usually), it's just a marketing term to give the impression that it's uncut - which is bollocks...

Actually, I find good sulphate gives a pleasantly masochistic 'burn' rather than a 'sting'. If it's a 'nasty sting', it's probably more indicative of cuts, excessive solvents, or as Tranced suspects, something entirely different. Sorry to be so vague, but I'm happy to test it for you if required ;)

Yours,

Mr Desperate..

Last edited:
Oh, I soon figured that most of it wasn't freebase! Most of it didn't seem to be a salt of any phenylethylamine, either .....

Can't say I've ever tried the old school stuff - but whatever I'd had in recent times, just felt like weaker methamphetamine.

If you're getting cat piss stench, could very well be cut with meph!

Can't say I've ever tried the old school stuff - but whatever I'd had in recent times, just felt like weaker methamphetamine.

If you're getting cat piss stench, could very well be cut with meph!

Most of the old skool phet stunk of cat piss which was used as a measure of its potency. However, it merely indicated that the solvents hadn't all evaporated yet - this is why it used to eat through the plastic bags when they became the norm rather than the traditional paper wraps.

Last edited:
I see, the speed I've been getting hasn't been too pastey/solvent ridden but dried out stuff. Still stinks of something.Don't think I've had enough cat piss around me to make the connection.

I see, the speed I've been getting hasn't been too pastey/solvent ridden but dried out stuff. Still stinks of something.Don't think I've had enough cat piss around me to make the connection.

Ya can't beat a pissy pussy ;)

All the decent speed i have ever had stung like shit when you snorted it. I would say its a good sign.

Sounds like khat to me. The cat smell bit. I het happy about the ant smell drugs.

Unwashed probably - if it smells like cat piss and burns it has not been cleaned properly.

As strange as this sounds - I loved it.

Have you done an acetone or A/B wash?

If it's impure then opining on subjective burn means little. I've had quality and shite speed that burned alike.

What about speed that doesn't really burn at all?

Although to be fair, I just compare all burns to 2C-B...

What about speed that doesn't really burn at all?

Although to be fair, I just compare all burns to 2C-B...

2c-e is even worse. The only time I did it was when a friend gave me a bump at a New Years Eve party that was obviously absolutely waaaaay too much as it looked a fair bit bigger than I'd have done for 2c-b probably even taking it orally. Another guy that did the same dose as me had to run straight to the window (of a second story flat) and projective vomit out of it just from the sheer pain. :X

Tis why I tend to plug 2C-X from many a burned nostril. Yet to try 2C-E as it always seemed daunting but considering the number of trips I've gotten under my belt, I'm sure I'll give it a swirl soon enough.