• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amphetamine Snorting, is it time to stop?

burnergod

Ex-Bluelighter
Hello, I started using ampthetamine (called here "speed") at parties like one-twice at month, then after some years I increased the assumption, caused by many factors. I had months where I was taking it every day, multiple times, and months where I could literally avoid it, it was (it is still) like a roller coaster, I don't have a "routine", some weeks I use it a lot, some weeks I don't. I'm trying to decrease the assumption.
The problem is I don't feel anymore that rush that I was having the very first times, it was like a strong mdma effect for the first 15-30minutes, then pure adrenaline for many hours, now even if I take multiple lines I can fall asleep after 5 minutes and be hungry aswell (i remember i was starving 1-2days with just one line years ago). Also, I don't feel anything in my nose, I don't know if it's the quality of the product, or if I'm too addicted, or if I have damaged the nose, I even tried the other nostril but didn't feel much difference. On the main nostril it's like nothing, I dont feel burn, I don't bleed (fortunately), but mainly I don't feel the effects.. kinda like I snorted an invisible powder..
Now don't take me wrong, I don't want to go back and abuse it to starve 2 days and stay awake with giant eyes everytime, but sometimes I want to use it like a "coffee" just to wake me up a little bit, and that is not working at the moment.
So these are my main questions:
1) Is amphetamine damaging nose tissues? I assume it's a yes, but I mean, is it possible to have almost no side effects by using a "pure" product? I don't even know if there could be a pure product, considering it's something chemical..Can someone explain me better about amphetamines?
2) I don't want to snort it again, so what can be another way to assume it and still have a decent effect? Sub-tongue? Eat it in a small piece of organic paper and drink some water?
3) Let's say I developed a tollerance, how much time should I wait before using it again? I don't need the huge "party" effects I had years ago, but at least a small slap on the cheek to keep me awake.

Thanks for reading ;)

Hi there, yes I'm afraid you've developed tolerance from abusing it too much and often - it happens to many.

The only way you're going to get back the feeling you want from it is to take a nice long break from using it.

I'm going to move this over to BDD where you might get more responses

PED --> BDD

amph has probably damaged your sinuses, yes.
and as for alternate ROA, you could eat it or plug it are the two best alternatives.
people get real squeamish about plugging but man, that shit (excuse the pun) works like magic.
but be sensible man, sounds like your tolerance is a bit out of control - maybe take a bio-break for a month or so?>

Alright, thanks for the replies, I was considering stopping it for a while, but I didn't found many alternative ways to stay awake when needed. I mean energy drinks do nothing to me, coffee the same and plus, coffee makes me so nervous and a bit sick. Don't get me wrong, I don't need it as a daily breakfast, but some days I feel so sleepy (not necessary at morning, mostly like at 2-3 pm tbh) and I don't want to stay in that "mood" or go to bed at that hour.. it doesn't happen often but still it's annoying when happens. Maybe I should just deal with it instead of fighting it? I don't know. People maybe don't use amphetamines but drink cups and cups of coffee everyday so they are definitely trying to fight the sleep, in their own way (I'm not judjing, everyone can do whatever he want), but still, they must have a huge tolerance to caffeine I assume..So how do they deal with that?

Probably yes my tolerance has increased, but as already said it's like a roller coaster: this week I use it 4 days, next week I use it only 1 day or even none..it's pure randomness I don't feel the "I need it NOW", and as a benzodiazepine consumer I (sadly) know what is craving and this is not the case with amphetamines, so the fact that It starts doing almost zero effects on me while not abusing and not having withdrawals, kinda bothers me..

I will try to eat it and see how it goes, I already heard about the "back door" way, never tried but I think it's something that I would do only if i'm looking for an intense effect, maybe on mdma/ketamine or similar, on some festival. could be interesting.. but for now I'm okay, I'm not looking for intense experiences, as already said, just a little slap on the face, like "wake up bro".

Still I'm interested about the correlation between snorting and nose damage, I didn't find a solid answer on the internet, I'm pretty much confused, some say that pure cocaine 100% made from leaves only, it's natural, and thus doesn't do damage, someone say it's both cocaine itself and cut that cause damage..and I know friends who snort since years (on a daily basic, multiple times, different stuff) and they don't whine much about tolerance or nose problems.

The same thing happens to me with adderall. Its great the first few times then it just keeps me awake, soon after it makes me tired. Your body gets fatigued due to shot adrenal glands and dopamine gets depleted. Then when I stop I'm extremely depressed and fatigued for days so I just decided to quit all together because its not worth the week long depression/fatigue that I get and screws up my workouts. I have chronic fatigue problems as it is so amphetamines wreck havoc on me. I prefer Kratom and phenibut.

The same thing happens to me with adderall. Its great the first few times then it just keeps me awake, soon after it makes me tired. Your body gets fatigued due to shot adrenal glands and dopamine gets depleted. Then when I stop I'm extremely depressed and fatigued for days so I just decided to quit all together because its not worth the week long depression/fatigue that I get and screws up my workouts. I have chronic fatigue problems as it is so amphetamines wreck havoc on me. I prefer Kratom and phenibut.

So how much time have u been clean from amphetamines? Are u planning to use it again in a future or?

So how much time have u been clean from amphetamines? Are u planning to use it again in a future or?

For about a month. I doubt I'll do them again. Actually a friend tried to sell me two scripts of adderall for a cheap price the other day and I declined. If I ever did do them again, it would only be like 1 day a month at the most. I love Kratom and phenibut. Both together are very synergistic. I feel like I have "mental superpowers" and tons of energy.

Phenibut is addictive like benzos but on a lesser degree. Most people would tell you to not use it more than twice a week. I made a personal decision to use it everyday simply because its the only anti-deppressant that has ever worked for me. It works on gaba b receptors and dopamine. I'm tired of all the crap doctors threw at me which are all highly addictive themselves and don't work. They act like depression is only a serotonin problem. Depression can be low dopamine, norpinephrine, gaba or other neurotransmitter imbalances/deficiencies. The real reason they push SSRI's in the US is because of the drug companies. Big Pharma is so corrupt its not even funny...America is the only country in the world that advertises drugs on t.v. "Side effects include stroke, heart attacks, shitting your pants, liver disease, and dropping dead" lmao. But marijuana is dangerous *eye roll* but at least thats luckily changing...but I could write a book about how obscene big pharma is.

I know I kind of veered off topic there. I'm currently tapering off benzos as well. Dumbest thing I ever did was getting on those..

Last edited:
If you continue to use amphetamine and don’t want to keep destroying your nose, try the oral route. I much prefer this because it’s so much smoother in the high and lasts a bit longer.

Ive tried all ROAs with amphetamine except IM, and I really do find just eating it to be the best.

I think the same about pharmacies and "doctors". I had hard depression time ago, never found a cure.. now I still have it, but it's bearable, I don't have like suicidal thoughts or anything extreme..It is just about the time, like when I broke with my gf and I had no job for sure it was a hell of time (but also when I was with her wasn't easy haha) but yes..it depends on my current mind set.. Also I'm trying to get rid of benzos but it's so damn hard even if I've reduced them A LOT (really, a lot), those are freaking insane dependency talking.

I'll try the oral way in case I will feel the need of amph. Let's see how it goes

Have you been having this problem only with one particular batch? If so then it's possible it could be bunk. But I think more likely you're just feeling the effects of tolerance (which can be very long term in same cases, i.e. weeks-months). You also mentioned you're taking benzos, which depending on the dose could also very much dampen the rush you're looking for.

Last edited:
Have you been had this problem only with one particular batch? If so then it's possible it could be bunk. But I think more likely you're just feeling the effects of tolerance (which can be very long term in same cases, i.e. weeks-months). You also mentioned you're taking benzos, which depending on the dose could also very much dampen the rush you're looking for.

Nope happened with different batches, and they were all good, typical taste on the mouth, I always "check" them..plus some friend of mine tried some, and they got a very strong effect, and I was like kinda envying, I started to think It was a problem of mine :D.
About benzos, it's more than 3 years I'm taking them, but I remember back in time no matter how much benzo I could take, I was always feeling almost the maximum effect of amphetamine/mdma/trips... didn't matter. Now I'm taking benzos like 1 pill for sleeping if I have hard time and that's it, not abusing them since months.

I would go for plugging, but many people, myself included (luckily not with my 3 favorite drugs which I could not do without anymore) I also developed a tolerance and even after quitting amphetamines for many years, it does not give me (almost) any effect at all anymore - this seems to be typical and common, that from a certain point you will never be able to get any effects at all anymore, not even after quitting for very long...

Furthermore, amphetamines are really very damaging to not only your nose, but your entire body - that's partially why it's so very cheap, because it really is a shitty drug - most people I know who are still addicted and use it daily don't feel anything accept that they are doing the same thing very obsessive over and over (like cleaning their entire house until late every night and in a really extremely obsessive way, and some of them have gotten really paranoid from it: thinking people are after them, having delusions like the people next door having drilled holes through the wall to spy on them, hearing voices, hearing high pitched sounds (usually damage to the central nervous system) and thinking it's especially done by some other people to fuck with them or one guy thinks it's because someone living next to him want's to fuck over his dogs), etc...

I personally really dislike the effects: no euphoria, way to stimulating, okay maybe giving you some 'feel-good feeling', but nothing more, make you (and those addicts I know) having really bad insomnia, it makes your skin and nails look very ugly, it really eats/burns away everything (even plastic,...). I would personally try to avoid a drug that is not only psychologically but also physiologically addictive, so damaging to both body and mind especially when you reached a point where you already reached such tolerance.

Since you say you call it Speed, I assume you're from Europe, where meth is too unknown and not known to be a cut in amp's, you also will probably have noticed their recently (since five years or so) was a very huge decline in this products it's quality in Western Europe... Really poor quality stuff. Before I got to know Crystal Meth, I used to use it for parties, since it's effective in keeping you sharp all night and with some shots of wodka or something the way too sober feeling in your head was doable, yet I would switch to better drugs who give a better effect (like meth, way more euphoric) and not that damaging (in which case not meth at all).

But my opinion, to be honest, is colored by my personal disliking of this particular drug, which is quite big. But each to his own I guess, yet, it only costs a few euro for a full gram (not specifying how much euro exactly, but really very little) for a reason...

I've never done European amphetamines but meth and adderall. I find them extremely damaging to my body and mind.. especially meth. Smoking heroin caused me less problems than meth did. I know meth users in their early 30s who look like they're 50 years old. One of the worst drugs out there if you ask me. Maybe you didnt abuse it though?

Normally good Heroin should not cause - unless you shoot it up, but you probably don't if you have really high quality Heroin or you would not be able to type from beyond the grave on this website - any damage at all, Crystal Meth I also found to be very damaging in every possible way, but I only used it five times and almost every time only one gram in total each time... - which I would say is not having abused it yet... (if you consider using it by itself not abusing it already...)

That's interesting. Yes I'm from Europe, here meth doesn't exist, correct, we just have amphetamine paste/powder commonly named "speed". You said that you reach a point where it's kinda "too late" for amphetamines and you are already fucked up, so not worth using it again. I don't know honestly if this is true or if it's something that depends from person to person, but as already said I see many ppl using coffee, heroine, cocaine and other stuff and apparently they don't whine about it, but I may be wrong, I don't know.
All the street drugs or meds I've tried, after a break of use/abuse, they started again doing the maximum effect.. mdma, lsd, chemical blotters, benzos and so on didn't matter, so I really hope it will happen the same with amphetamines, not planning to abuse it, but once in a while I would like to do them, because I didn't find anything similar, even kratom and phenbutin (as a user said), are quite hard to find for me, and very expensive most of all. Maybe I will switch to coffee idk.

I'm by no means an expert on shooting up but I'm not stupid either you know so I never miss you know if it's not registered I don't go it was registered this time but in a vein that's known to have scar tissue it was barely registering so I was going along and I looked away for a second I look back and it's bubbling up so I stopped there was never any pain or nothing until after I pull the needle out now it is knotted up big time I'm just I just want anybody to let me know am I going to get an infection is there something that I need to do please you know I'm not an expert at this shit and it's my first time missing. Its crystal meth by the way any info you might have be greatly appreciated thank you

Gonna throw my hat in the ring here, although I have limited experience with European street Amphetamine. I think it's a safe assumption that the substance in question is going to irritate your nose and sinuses, but to what degree, I am unsure. Now, when we're talking about chronic usage, just about anything will, over time, cause damage to the mucous membranes of the sinus. Of course, some substances are inherently caustic (kills soft tissue), like Cocaine for instance, but as far as I know, Amphetamine is not damaging to this extent.

As far as looking for another route of administration that will provide you with similar effects to insufflation, I would highly, highly recommend investigating the rectal route of administration. It's exceedingly easy, safer and less damaging than insufflation and provides, in my experience, a perceptibly more powerful high in the same amount of time as insufflation, if not faster. As much as I hate to say it, I'm like the poster child for rectal administration. With the exception of a few drugs, almost all drugs are suitable, if not preferred for this ROA. If you need specific advice on how to properly go about this, feel free to PM me, but it's really just mixing with water in an oral syringe, injecting, then counteracting gravity by laying on your side or stomach. Easy-Peasey

As far as your tolerance resetting, there's no telling how long that will take. It's going to be highly variable from person to person, but as I'm sure you've heard folks' say, the initial "magic" of just about any given drug is going to wane permanently with each additional use and there's really no way to get it back. This is the difference between subjective and objective tolerance one might say.

I hope this helps.

Well despite the past abuse of mdma, or ketamine or other things, if I do them now, I can feel the high very strong, because I barely use them at the moment. So since mdma (at least imho, and for what I know) is way more destructive than amphetamine, I was wondering how I recovered succesfully after a mdma abuse and with a "spodaric" use of amphetamine I developed an immunity..just weird it sounds ridicolous.
Now I don't take amphetamine since the day I started this topic, not havin any sort of craving, but 2-3 times a week i need to sleep few hours in the afternoon.

You're lucky you just feel nothing when snorting something. I've suffered from a constant dripping in my left nostril for 2 years after 5-6 years of constant snorting of coke, K, 2cs and pretty much anything that I could. I even had an operation to stop the dripping however this only stopped it for about 2 months (I haven't snorted anything in 2 years).

You're lucky you just feel nothing when snorting something. I've suffered from a constant dripping in my left nostril for 2 years after 5-6 years of constant snorting of coke, K, 2cs and pretty much anything that I could. I even had an operation to stop the dripping however this only stopped it for about 2 months (I haven't snorted anything in 2 years).

Did you use a snorting pipe?

Last edited: