• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants amphetamine salts (racemic) Love / Hate Relationship

Meth is like a stimulant unkown :) Even after monstrous doses of adderall (not HR I know) days in a row I still recover fine within a day. I don't experience stimulant withdrawal and it's been a couple of years now. But meth notoriously has severe depression and ahedonia after stopping which makes it almost in a way as addicting and relapse-prone as heroin. It's not like everyone has to quit meth. Realistically I know how absurd that is to tell people. But some balance (if obtainable) would help greatly. It's quite clear that meth--after several days or even weeks in a row starts to lose its magic and I find that to occur with all stimulants. From what I have seen from BL, very few people can control their meth use. That's understandable because there's no way I could moderate heroin or meth. It's like the best party even after it stops being good.

Something like opiates--while they have their own life obliterating issues--go on for a long time. It does take a while before "I DON'T GET HIGH ANYMORE." For daily use it's not like we choose what we like.. but stimulants don't really work on a regular basis unless it's low dose-adderall or something for someone with ADD/ADHD in my opinion.

Adderall and oxy lol. The bane of my existence. One day I'll grow up but <3

I think I see similarities with meth and alcohol.. both cause long term anhedonia and unpleasant, shitty days forever until you relapse.. GABA/GLUT push-pull and meth downregulation of DOP/5HT/NE, and fucked up DAT/NET/SERT.

Alcohol is simpler. Look at its chemical structure. three carbons. A poison.

Yeah, I tend to get weird ideas when I stay up for long periods and try to put them to use.

Little known fact - Philip K. Dick ate amphetamines like candy his whole writing career.

If you examine his works, all the themes are directed related to states of mind achieved in sleep deprivation plus mania.

Genius. Fucking Genius. I talk to his last widow occasionally.

It's really not the worst thing. I haven't heard of anyone dying from meth use. It would mainly be malnourishment or something like that. As much as the media loves to tell you how bad meth is--realistically alcohol is infinitely worse than any drug out there. I'm certain it's neurotoxic but considering how most meth users don't say that they experience long term problems after they quit... even if rationalizing their use that is still saying a lot. Ironic but what can we do lol? Being an addict is a step up from being dead in most cases. At least with meth (unlike heroin), stimulants let you have a chance to even change things around or moderate in the future. You don't have to worry about fent somehow making its way into meth, unless that's been floating around these days :confused: Meth is dangerous in behavior I'll give you that though.
I’ll never die of malnourishment, the seroquel I take to even out the end of a meth run and get some sleep means I eat everything in the house as soon as I wake up. I’ve actually put on about 10 kg over the last year. I live on yoghurt, tinned fruit, muesli bars, dry crackers, ice cream, and gatorade. With a bit of KFC every now and then. It’s likely my diet that’ll kill me before the meth.

I think I see similarities with meth and alcohol.. both cause long term anhedonia and unpleasant, shitty days forever until you relapse.. GABA/GLUT push-pull and meth downregulation of DOP/5HT/NE, and fucked up DAT/NET/SERT.

Yeah, I tend to get weird ideas when I stay up for long periods and try to put them to use.

Little known fact - Philip K. Dick ate amphetamines like candy his whole writing career.

If you examine his works, all the themes are directed related to states of mind achieved in sleep deprivation plus mania.

I used to be a real heavy drinker but have basically not touched a drop since getting serious about stims. They just don’t go together and I’m a better person as a tweaker than a drunk.

It's really not the worst thing. I haven't heard of anyone dying from meth use. It would mainly be malnourishment or something like that. As much as the media loves to tell you how bad meth is--realistically alcohol is infinitely worse than any drug out there. I'm certain it's neurotoxic but considering how most meth users don't say that they experience long term problems after they quit... even if rationalizing their use that is still saying a lot. Ironic but what can we do lol? Being an addict is a step up from being dead in most cases. At least with meth (unlike heroin), stimulants let you have a chance to even change things around or moderate in the future. You don't have to worry about fent somehow making its way into meth, unless that's been floating around these days :confused: Meth is dangerous in behavior I'll give you that though.

I do think that stimulant addiction is a real and tangible thing. Just because it doesn't have physical withdrawals, I do know personally that the cravings are bad enough that if I didn't have an adderall script anymore--that I would most definitely seek it out illegally. My doctor at least recognizes with patients how that game works.
My friend committed suicide with meth. I don't know how much ate but that's how he did it.

Iv never seen anyone die from using meth. Iv seen people do so much and be fine.

Iv gotten worried iv done to much... My vison goes blury my heart is racing, pupils are as big as they can get. I end up being okay just feel uncomfortable for a while. its a good sign for me to stop for a few hours.

My friend committed suicide with meth. I don't know how much ate but that's how he did it.

Iv never seen anyone die from using meth. Iv seen people do so much and be fine.

Iv gotten worried iv done to much... My vison goes blury my heart is racing, pupils are as big as they can get. I end up being okay just feel uncomfortable for a while. its a good sign for me to stop for a few hours.
Oh man sorry to hear. Considering it takes about 5,000+ (if not way more) milligrams of adderall to off someone with no tolerance at all even.. and where someone would find a house worth of adderall.. I can't fathom how much meth he took and how unpleasant a stimulant overdose would be :( Regardless, I know that addiction takes people to dark places and probably farther than real life could in most cases even. I do think that if this person waited out the storm and kept trying he/she would find life to be worth sticking around for. But meth crash (especially after long term use) would be that dark so I understand why that person did the deed. I do recall some stimulant crashes feeling like life was unbearable but just taking kratom or something to cut the edge off.

Would you say that cessation of stim use would fully get back one's dopamine in time?

I used to be a real heavy drinker but have basically not touched a drop since getting serious about stims. They just don’t go together and I’m a better person as a tweaker than a drunk.
Same here. Love being up or down, not the middle.

Oh man sorry to hear. Considering it takes about 5,000+ (if not way more) milligrams of adderall to off someone with no tolerance at all even.. and where someone would find a house worth of adderall.. I can't fathom how much meth he took and how unpleasant a stimulant overdose would be :( Regardless, I know that addiction takes people to dark places and probably farther than real life could in most cases even. I do think that if this person waited out the storm and kept trying he/she would find life to be worth sticking around for. But meth crash (especially after long term use) would be that dark so I understand why that person did the deed. I do recall some stimulant crashes feeling like life was unbearable but just taking kratom or something to cut the edge off.

Would you say that cessation of stim use would fully get back one's dopamine in time?
Yeah, it takes a fuckload of patience but you can recover.. anyway, what else are you going to do, not be patient?

Yeah, it takes a fuckload of patience but you can recover.. anyway, what else are you going to do, not be patient?

I guess the latter is to just go back to smoking meth. We can assume that happens far more often for folks than to wait it out lol. And I know from opioids how easy it was to not have the patience it takes. God that shiz feels like you're dying for 5 months. It's actually easier to use and infinitely so.