• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants amphetamine salts (racemic) Love / Hate Relationship

mygreenbic

Bluelighter
love hate relationship

do any of you find yourself hopelessly addicted to a chemical that you can't stand namely Adderall as I am I've been taking 20 mg instant release tablets prescribed to a day on and off for years now when I go on a run of taking them I feel like crap every time I start coming down but I can't stop taking them the next day I'll be like I'm never taking them again and then 5 minutes later I find myself eating more Adderall then to have another worse even yet withdrawal. recently I've been using nootropics to try to fix my dopamine receptors such as L tyrosine , NALT, Acetyl L---Carnitine, NAC and others but it still feels miserable and does anyone else agree that this might be the most addictive substance in the world also the most miserable come down how do I get off of these things sorry for the one continuous sentence but just imagine where the period goes because I feel too crappy right now to type this so I'm using voice to text sorry thank you guys

mygreenbic

Alof of us here struggle with love hate relationships with drugs.
Ive had one with ketamine for as long as i can remember.
I used to go to the toilet, piss blood and lumps of snot, BECAUSE of k, stand there in agony thinking fml i hate k so much then come straight out and do another line to take my mind off it and numb the pain.
Check this insane shit out. For one example.

How long does a script last?

love hate relationship

do any of you find yourself hopelessly addicted to a chemical that you can't stand namely Adderall as I am I've been taking 20 mg instant release tablets prescribed to a day on and off for years now when I go on a run of taking them I feel like crap every time I start coming down but I can't stop taking them the next day I'll be like I'm never taking them again and then 5 minutes later I find myself eating more Adderall then to have another worse even yet withdrawal. recently I've been using nootropics to try to fix my dopamine receptors such as L tyrosine , NALT, Acetyl L---Carnitine, NAC and others but it still feels miserable and does anyone else agree that this might be the most addictive substance in the world also the most miserable come down how do I get off of these things sorry for the one continuous sentence but just imagine where the period goes because I feel too crappy right now to type this so I'm using voice to text sorry thank you guys

mygreenbic

I can't control myself with adderall either, or if I can it doesn't last more than a couple days.

You have to understand that the only way to get back to normalcy, "fix your receptors" is to stop taking anything that effects dopamine. Nootropics might just make this problem worse.

Your best chance to gain back control is to stop filling your scripts, accept the sluggishness/depression/etc. that comes after cessation, and try to keep busy. Dive deep into new or old hobbies, even if you don't want to.

I know it's hard, amphetamines and psychostims in general are very compulsive drugs. It will take willpower but believe me, you'll feel much better and healthier when you get to the other side.

I also came to the conclusion that if a behavior is compulsive, you have to discontinue the medication and give yourself a couple months.

Joey Diaz did so much coke it took him 3 years to have emotions again after he quit.
(cocaine is probably very compulsive for me, I never have used it though)

60 x 30mg adderall = 6 days
120 x 20mg methylphenidate = 9 days

fuckin aaaa.

Stimulants are highly addictive and play havoc with your emotions when you try and stop after a decent run. However the “withdrawal” is usually only 2-3 days and can be well managed with time out from work/school/stress, some benzos or some anti-psychotics.

Next problem is cravings. They are best managed with lifestyle changes including avoiding triggers, developing positive interests and activities and light exercise. Getting a dog probably best treatment there is.

Personally I fuck up on stims by forgetting that I only need to survive 3 days and continuing to consume or else not changing my life enough to avoid subsequent triggers.

If my problem was a prescribed drug I would solve the problem by telling the doc and thus being denied future scripts.

Adderall is life. I ascend into adderall grinch mode and then go back to normalcy. The cycle cannot be stopped. One day I'll chuck the script but fun now suffer later.

If you have a truck load stash of adderall it's going to be a bad time. After 4 days in a row it's no euphoria and pure anxiety/depression undertones. Stimulants are a bad choice for daily addiction. They can be amazing though if spaced out. that would be the hard part and my best chance of spacing at my use is to eat it all so I can't anymore. I don't think I'd be a good meth head. Crazy town all day forever.

Meth would kill me. I'd be IVing in months. I'll never touch it. I love being awake.

I have actually been awake for more than 220 hours due to clonazepam withdrawal. That got old.. but 3-4 nights a week.. get so much shit done..

Forget to eat, drink water, piss twice a day, start hearing background noise pareidolically morph into radio chatter, etc. etc.

Adderall is life. I ascend into adderall grinch mode and then go back to normalcy. The cycle cannot be stopped. One day I'll chuck the script but fun now suffer later.

If you have a truck load stash of adderall it's going to be a bad time. After 4 days in a row it's no euphoria and pure anxiety/depression undertones. Stimulants are a bad choice for daily addiction. They can be amazing though if spaced out. that would be the hard part and my best chance of spacing at my use is to eat it all so I can't anymore. I don't think I'd be a good meth head. Crazy town all day forever.
I have something like 800 x 5 mg tablets of dexamfetamine that I neglected to take while mething. I should probably use them to try weaning of meth. Even a major dex addiction couldn’t be worse than a major meth one.

I have something like 800 x 5 mg tablets of dexamfetamine that I neglected to take while mething. I should probably use them to try weaning of meth. Even a major dex addiction couldn’t be worse than a major meth one.
Meth is like a stimulant unkown :) Even after monstrous doses of adderall (not HR I know) days in a row I still recover fine within a day. I don't experience stimulant withdrawal and it's been a couple of years now. But meth notoriously has severe depression and ahedonia after stopping which makes it almost in a way as addicting and relapse-prone as heroin. It's not like everyone has to quit meth. Realistically I know how absurd that is to tell people. But some balance (if obtainable) would help greatly. It's quite clear that meth--after several days or even weeks in a row starts to lose its magic and I find that to occur with all stimulants. From what I have seen from BL, very few people can control their meth use. That's understandable because there's no way I could moderate heroin or meth. It's like the best party even after it stops being good.

Something like opiates--while they have their own life obliterating issues--go on for a long time. It does take a while before "I DON'T GET HIGH ANYMORE." For daily use it's not like we choose what we like.. but stimulants don't really work on a regular basis unless it's low dose-adderall or something for someone with ADD/ADHD in my opinion.

Adderall and oxy lol. The bane of my existence. One day I'll grow up but <3

Last edited:
Meth is like a stimulant unkown :) Even after monstrous doses of adderall (not HR I know) days in a row I still recover fine within a day. I don't experience stimulant withdrawal and it's been a couple of years now. But meth notoriously has severe depression and ahedonia after stopping which makes it almost in a way as addicting and relapse-prone as heroin. It's not like everyone has to quit meth. Realistically I know how absurd that is to tell people. But some balance (if obtainable) would help greatly. It's quite clear that meth--after several days or even weeks in a row starts to lose its magic and I find that to occur with all stimulants. From what I have seen from BL, very few people can control their meth use. That's understandable because there's no way I could moderate heroin or meth. It's like the best party even after it stops being good.

Something like opiates--while they have their own life obliterating issues--go on for a long time. It does take a while before "I DON'T GET HIGH ANYMORE." For daily use it's not like we choose what we like.. but stimulants don't really work on a regular basis unless it's low dose-adderall or something for someone with ADD/ADHD in my opinion.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I once put down meth for over 4 years. But in the last year the longest I’ve held out is 2 months. Fortunately I can usually stop for a few days long enough to meet various important commitments, but as soon as they are done I’m back on it. It’s a fucking monkey alright.

Spot on bro. Except I withdrawals while coming done on meth especially if I'm malnourished and didn't rest. I start to want it so bad, I get nauseous, my body hurts mainly my back and shoulders I cant get comfy I sweat its almost like my body has the flu. 😷

I once put down meth for over 4 years. But in the last year the longest I’ve held out is 2 months. Fortunately I can usually stop for a few days long enough to meet various important commitments, but as soon as they are done I’m back on it. It’s a fucking monkey alright.

Meth is a bitch she plays us all but we all still love her. I just tossed 5 years of sobriety last month myself. 😬😵

Spot on bro. Except I withdrawals while coming done on meth especially if I'm malnourished and didn't rest. I start to want it so bad, I get nauseous, my body hurts mainly my back and shoulders I cant get comfy I sweat its almost like my body has the flu. 😷

Meth is a bitch she plays us all but we all still love her. I just tossed 5 years of sobriety last month myself. 😬😵
I’ve made my dealer so rich this year she’s throwing grams at me for her cost each time I look like I’m slowing down. Ups the price back to normal the next week though. How do you fight that? She really is the nicest lady but it’ll be a good day when she’s finally busted. I just hope that’s not when I’m visiting!

She really is the nicest lady but it’ll be a good day when she’s finally busted. I just hope that’s not when I’m visiting!
You can only hope lol. You'll find another dealer anyways, even if your not trying. Meth will find you, it always does. 🥴

You can only hope lol. You'll find another dealer anyways, even if your not trying. Meth will find you, it always does. 🥴
Usually I’m bad luck for dealers. I’ve twice been in their houses during raids and been left to walk thanks to a clean record and the speed with which I can shove things up my ass. Lucky we don’t have no-knock warrants here. The cops actually give you a fighting chance to conceal small amounts. They still strip search you but without asking for a cough.

Usually I’m bad luck for dealers. I’ve twice been in their houses during raids and been left to walk thanks to a clean record and the speed with which I can shove things up my ass. Lucky we don’t have no-knock warrants here. The cops actually give you a fighting chance to conceal small amounts. They still strip search you but without asking for a cough.
Shit man you hanging out to long haha. I haaate going to dealers house.. I never have a good vibe constantly on my toes. If it comes down to it you bet your sweet ass I'm shoving some drugs up my ass as well. 😅

I really try not to put myself in situations that know I can avoid, like driving with drugs fuuuuck that very slim chance i ever have drugs on me outside my home. thank god my dealer drops off in my car. I don't even need to say hi just a quick vague message on Facebook. 👍

Honestly even thought about just finding a dealer that mails me what I need just some cool dude you know that i could Cash App the money too. IDK how safe it is but what are the odds there going to find a bag of shit in a birthday card mix with thousands of other envelopes?

Last edited:
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I once put down meth for over 4 years. But in the last year the longest I’ve held out is 2 months. Fortunately I can usually stop for a few days long enough to meet various important commitments, but as soon as they are done I’m back on it. It’s a fucking monkey alright.

It's really not the worst thing. I haven't heard of anyone dying from meth use. It would mainly be malnourishment or something like that. As much as the media loves to tell you how bad meth is--realistically alcohol is infinitely worse than any drug out there. I'm certain it's neurotoxic but considering how most meth users don't say that they experience long term problems after they quit... even if rationalizing their use that is still saying a lot. Ironic but what can we do lol? Being an addict is a step up from being dead in most cases. At least with meth (unlike heroin), stimulants let you have a chance to even change things around or moderate in the future. You don't have to worry about fent somehow making its way into meth, unless that's been floating around these days :confused: Meth is dangerous in behavior I'll give you that though.

I do think that stimulant addiction is a real and tangible thing. Just because it doesn't have physical withdrawals, I do know personally that the cravings are bad enough that if I didn't have an adderall script anymore--that I would most definitely seek it out illegally. My doctor at least recognizes with patients how that game works. Oh, and anyone who likes pharma stims far too much should probably avoid ecstacy or molly as well. I'm pretty sure being hooked on those is a given because I do find them to be a little too good.