• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Amphetamine Prickly Scalp Sensation - Neuron damage or cardiovascular consequence?

BasX

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I've been taking low doses of amphetamine daily and I've noticed a prickly/tingling sensation on my scalp, like under my hair. I don't take enough to experience other negative side effects. I've read a few places that say its normal, but I'm wondering if it's something to be concerned about. Is this sensation brought on by vasoconstriction in the skin on the head, rise in blood pressure, or am I burning through dopamine receptors? I take a multi-vitamin every day for anti-oxidants and minerals like zinc/magnesium, and also take 6-8mg of melatonin nightly, for both the potent anti-oxidant effects and also for sleep.

It doesn't happen as much if taken orally... mostly when I insufflate extracted powder (of which i take 1-3 'bumps' daily, around 20-40mg total).

Edit - Actually I just thought of something else; will taking anti-oxidants like that even curb neuron damage brought on by dopamine breakdown?

Last edited:
Thank you for the response. That's what I was leaning towards but I wanted to hear some thoughts. Much appreciated.

Edit - Also yes, I realize the vitamins may not actually be doing very much, but better to be safe. It also seems to reduce (subjectively anyway) tolerance slightly, which I attribute to the NMDA antagonists from the minerals. The melatonin though is almost certainly going to be absorbed and cross the BBB and have protective effects. Also, I believe consuming high amounts of vitamin C will help your body eliminate the amp from your system (if in the acidic form), but I'm just speculating there.

Last edited:
I have heard of and experienced this effect from large inhaled doses of methamphetamine , a sort of "pseudo-rush" but I assumed it was probably a result of vascular changes and dopamine/norepinephrine/serotonin release occurring very quickly. As for regular amphetamine taken orally, it could be vasoconstriction, or perhaps something else. It's unlikely to be "nueronal damage" that is not something you can feel phsyically happening on your head. As far as I know.